That's not how it works. You made claims about reading specific statements quoted in articles. You were requested to cite your sources. You failed to do so. Are we to assume you're misremembering what you read, or are you going by outdated information? We can't know, unless we see the source of your information, which you refused to provide.
    The issue is that most of the unicorn hunters in this thread are not aware of the Osborne effect, despite the fact that myself and others expounded upon it in some detail when the Priv was set to be announced and all of the BB10 orthodoxy were shouting down the idea as impossible. Did agents of the company say that they were going to continue to produce PKB handsets, and the so-called Mercury in particular? Almost certainly. How much weight does that carry following the EC? NONE. Until they make the public decision to discontinue support for this or that, they will always feign full-throated support so as not to negatively impact interim sales and brand equity until absolutely necessary. In reality, though, when dealing with any producer of goods, you may trust that a particular good exists when they take your money for it. Not before.

QNX will continue in one for another whilst BBRY tries its hand in a maturing IoT market; BB10, the mobile OS, is dead and buried.

The BlackBerry brand will, hypothetically, continue to appear in limited form, through the licensing mentioned during the EC; BlackBerry as a manufacturer, beyond the already manufactured DTEK60, is dead and buried.

Are these two statements confirmed in press releases with the clarity and forcefulness of a papal ex cathedra promulgation? No, and they don't have to be. It is the only reasonable consideration consistent with the facts outline on the EC, which are the only statements which one may take as being probable as they are addressed to those individuals which have power over the company itself.
    09-30-16 10:31 AM
    That's not how it works. You made claims about reading specific statements quoted in articles. You were requested to cite your sources. You failed to do so. Are we to assume you're misremembering what you read, or are you going by outdated information? We can't know, unless we see the source of your information, which you refused to provide.
    No I did not fail. You said it yourself. There are statements in articles. I am not required to give you anything. Who are you? If you don't like what I wrote you may very well just ignore me. Feel free. God.
    09-30-16 10:31 AM
    Hey, I bought a priv recently. It is a good device. But, after the recent announcements I am wondering if to return it. Should I?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Lot's of Android phones don't get updates.... and right now I would expect that the PRIV will get Nougat at least... after that, who knows.

Personally at this point, I wouldn't buy a BlackBerry Android phone.... but if you have one, then you might as well use it for as long as it meets your needs. But if you don't really need a PKB phone and can return it without any penalties...
    murphcid likes this.
    09-30-16 10:38 AM
    I believe you can use Google right?

Google

There you go.
    yes
    I've found nothing.
    You've told me there is something, and I would like to see the link that you are talking about.

Or do you not have anything and was making stuff up? I wont hold it against you, you wouldnt be the first on these forums
    09-30-16 10:59 AM
    No I did not fail. You said it yourself. There are statements in articles. I am not required to give you anything. Who are you? If you don't like what I wrote you may very well just ignore me. Feel free. God.
    You said the Mecury device was mentioned in the EC.
    You also said there was an article on Crackberry about that.

I have looked, I have seen nothing.
    Just provide the link if it's real as i'd actually be interested in reading it if it exists.
    Otherwise just stop wasting everyone's time if you were just talking out of your backside

Dont be one of those Crackberry users who just spread crap around with no idea what the truth was. I've been here a long time and honestly, it's boring.
    09-30-16 11:07 AM

Just provide the link if it's real as i'd actually be interested in reading it if it exists.
    Otherwise just stop wasting everyone's time if you were just talking out of your backside

Dont be one of those Crackberry users who just spread crap around with no idea what the truth was. I've been here a long time and honestly, it's boring.
    I never ever said it was mentioned in the EC. PLEASE REFER. Seriously just copy my post.

Bla1ze someone's not believing you . Need a hand here.
    Last edited by ardakca; 09-30-16 at 11:53 AM.
    09-30-16 11:31 AM

Point is what has this ease of use got to do with there being a competition among them to get their hands on the latest iPhone first ?
    The iPhone 6 has as much the 'ease of use factor' as the iPhone 7, till u get used to iPhone 7.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Except the target upgrade customer for an iphone 7 isn't an iphone 6 customer it's of the previous generation (although a good number will upgrade every year).

I'm not sure what the actual argument is? That apple managed to build a successful business model while BBRY at every turn made the wrong decisions and drove their business into the ground?

Is the argument that Apple doesn't innovate ? Apple innovates with every phone, it's just that many people don't understand what innovation is in a market sense (it's not "new and never been seen before").
    09-30-16 11:44 AM
    Is the argument that Apple doesn't innovate ? Apple innovates with every phone, it's just that many people don't understand what innovation is in a market sense (it's not "new and never been seen before").
    Someone explained to me in another thread that the problem with the iPhone is it's the same colour every year. As opposed to the Passport SE which was instantly obvious and recognizable as a brand new phone. Because it was silver.

Innovation!
    JeepBB and TGR1 like this.
    09-30-16 12:10 PM
    I never ever said it was mentioned in the EC. PLEASE REFER. Seriously just copy my post.

Bla1ze someone's not believing you . Need a hand here.
    Front page of this thread

I said if there was going to be such a device it would have been mentioned today (EC day)
    you quoted me and said it was mentioned.

I asked for citation, you said here on Blackberry, in an article by Bla1ze.

I asked for a link and you've been blustering ever since.

There, I saved you the effort of going back and reading. You can do that still if you dont believe me but see how simple it is instead of me saying try Google....

Now please, that link?
    09-30-16 12:12 PM
    Someone explained to me in another thread that the problem with the iPhone is it's the same colour every year. As opposed to the Passport SE which was instantly obvious and recognizable as a brand new phone. Because it was silver.

Innovation!
    Lol mine is green . They sure didn't offer THAT colour every year.

The thing about iPhone is that it is a status symbol. People may call iPhone users pompous and arrogant all they want, but the fact is there is always a market for high-end luxury items. There will always be business for Rolls Royce, Rolex and Ferrari, no shortage of sales there.

I think offering more choices is better for any company, but as proven, it doesn't always work out.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-30-16 12:15 PM
    I am definitely not confusing it.
    Yep; sorry -- I was the one who was confused.
    09-30-16 12:38 PM

It is mentioned in the earning call but not by name - you just have to look closely:

We are taking one or two products outsource it to others, but we've been developing our own handset also.

So with what I announced today, we will end that activity and rely completely on partners
    Someone will quote that 'we see a keyboard' interview at me - well go and watch it, he's talking about licencees.
    darkehawke and JeepBB like this.
    09-30-16 12:49 PM
    Stop!
    Hammertime
    09-30-16 12:51 PM
    Front page of this thread

I said if there was going to be such a device it would have been mentioned today (EC day)
    you quoted me and said it was mentioned.

I asked for citation, you said here on Blackberry, in an article by Bla1ze.

I asked for a link and you've been blustering ever since.

There, I saved you the effort of going back and reading. You can do that still if you dont believe me but see how simple it is instead of me saying try Google....

Now please, that link?
    Yeap, it was said on the same day but not in the EC. Guess you misunderstood.

And I clearly said the interview on BNN. Guess you missed that also.
    09-30-16 12:53 PM
    It is mentioned in the earning call but not by name - you just have to look closely:

Someone will quote that 'we see a keyboard' interview at me - well go and watch it, he's talking about licencees.
    Thanks

Yeah so as I thought, the Mecury is dead in the water and over to what people are willing to build now
    09-30-16 01:08 PM
    Yeap, it was said on the same day but not in the EC. Guess you misunderstood.

And I clearly said the interview on BNN. Guess you missed that also.
    Your replies to me only ever mentioned Crackberry.

Someone else has managed to point out where the Mecury was mentioned, not really the same thing when the mention was to announce it is no longer being worked on.
    09-30-16 01:09 PM
    Alex Thurber clearly stated that at the end of July, that a pkb will be available at the end of the fiscal year. Moreover, Chen said the hw will be closed at the end of the fiscal year plus they had an in house pkb but he did not decide yet.

And when talking on BNN he clearly said a pkb will definitely come.

You don't have to be a genius.
    Not the first post.

By the way some good news?

09-30-16 01:13 PM
    To TS...
    Forget about BBOS10. BB team ruin it... totally for good to use in future.
    Your only option now, BERRIFIED DROID which they're proud of it, and you can see that on the pricing of their upcoming mediocre hardware that's not even built by themselves.
    Or... you can be like me, buy the last BBOS10 equipment and continue to use it until the day of side loaded .apk apps starts to lose it's capability.
    If you're like me, forget about the use of WhatsApp as it starts to show it's limitation. Now for me to connect with outdoor personnel who demands pictures taken from the servicing manual, i have to use alternate apps such as WeChat to send files to them...
    09-30-16 01:16 PM
    By the way, have you seen this. That guy is pissed man.

Take a look at @AJ's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AJ/status/781920114346233856?s=09
    09-30-16 01:27 PM
    Not the first post.

By the way some good news?

He also later said that someone else will have to build the pkb device.

Looking at all the interviews done since, his words strike me as they want to license out a pkb device but havent got anyone to do it yet.

I could be wrong.

The one brightside that could prove me wrong is that, governments tend to prefer pkb devices and maybe Blackberry is aware of an OEM looking to take advantage of that.
    But I'd say forget any hope of a high end PKB. it's likely to be low end if it ever did happen.

I still find it doubtful it will happen, but time will tell, but yeah the Mecury itself is dead unfortunately.
    09-30-16 01:51 PM
    He also later said that someone else will have to build the pkb device.

Looking at all the interviews done since, his words strike me as they want to license out a pkb device but havent got anyone to do it yet.

I could be wrong.

The one brightside that could prove me wrong is that, governments tend to prefer pkb devices and maybe Blackberry is aware of an OEM looking to take advantage of that.
    But I'd say forget any hope of a high end PKB. it's likely to be low end if it ever did happen.

I still find it doubtful it will happen, but time will tell, but yeah the Mecury itself is dead unfortunately.
    After all the hustle, I talked with Dylan. I don't know if it means something. He was pretty cool with all these. And said, pkb will come and there are pretty cool devices in the pipeline. I don't know if he was being sarcastic .

John Chen stumbles about the pkb during the interview. Head of devices (Ralph Pini) said this was planned way back in 2012. I kind of believe the mercury was passed on to TCL or another company. It could be the reason that it's been in the rumor mill since Vienna.

I don't want to sound like Polyanna but I do believe the render mercury with mid-high specs will come. As I said before, this is my take on all the rumors articles tweets and stuff.
    murphcid likes this.
    09-30-16 02:00 PM
    No corporation like this with semi-competent leadership makes this sort of announcement before releasing new products...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 02:12 PM
    Wait for Mercury. The android pkb. Probably the last BlackBerry designed phone. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...97656636df.jpg
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL talk about inbreeding FUGLY!

Scrap it. Waste of BB money spent.
    09-30-16 02:14 PM
    By the way, have you seen this. That guy is pissed man.

Take a look at @AJ's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AJ/status/781920114346233856?s=09
    Like BB, doesn't exist.
    09-30-16 02:17 PM
    After all the hustle, I talked with Dylan. I don't know if it means something. He was pretty cool with all these. And said, pkb will come and there are pretty cool devices in the pipeline. I don't know if he was being sarcastic .

John Chen stumbles about the pkb during the interview. Head of devices (Ralph Pini) said this was planned way back in 2012. I kind of believe the mercury was passed on to TCL or another company. It could be the reason that it's been in the rumor mill since Vienna.

I don't want to sound like Polyanna but I do believe the render mercury with mid-high specs will come. As I said before, this is my take on all the rumors articles tweets and stuff.
    TCL wouldnt take on the Mecury. It's not the way they do business.

I will say this, I've been here a long long time, renders pop up all the time, but usually thats all that shows up. Don't get your hopes up too much.
    I admire your optimism, I hope you arent disappointed.
    09-30-16 02:33 PM
140 ... 23456