True all of us are speculating. The the point is BlackBerry hasn't officially said it has shelved BB10. They are still working on 10.3.3 and 10.3.4

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    I think his post was in support and meant he was on your side...

Though I'm not sure your further post will have helped convince anyone.

Just sayin'
    09-29-16 02:22 PM
    If you're over 30 BBRY is an option. Under 30? No.
    Gebo likes this.
    09-29-16 05:39 PM
    ok. can i have a link to this article as I may have missed that
    I believe you can use Google right?

www.google.com

There you go.
    09-29-16 10:24 PM
    There's an official hardware keyboard attachment for the S7 - here's mine, it's awesome!

Attachment 409181

Posted via CB10
    I hope this isn't the future of PKBs
    09-30-16 05:38 AM
    Nope.

Dead Company should never be an Option.

Posted via CB10
    murphcid likes this.
    09-30-16 05:49 AM
    No offence to you personally but that looks absolutely hideous.
    Agreed. Hopefully the function negates the form.
    09-30-16 06:31 AM
    Pardon me if i end up offending ppl
    I fail to understand the desire of high priced bb phones Android or bb10, when v can get higher speced phones at half the price.
    About their quality not being good, well one is not married to them, change the phone for a higher speced one in 12-18 months.
    About security - I guess bb will hav to come up with 'secure Android' roms to be installed manually a la Copperhead OS.
    A phone is like a portable computer system, it needs to get our work done & provide a means of of entertainment - a means to an end, not the end itself, its not a toy.
    The smartphone dream has been so over-hyped by apple that ppl end up paying more than double the price for a device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    murphcid likes this.
    09-30-16 06:41 AM
    Pardon me if i end up offending ppl
    I fail to understand the desire of high priced bb phones Android or bb10, when v can get higher speced phones at half the price.
    About their quality not being good, well one is not married to them, change the phone for a higher speced one in 12-18 months.
    About security - I guess bb will hav to come up with 'secure Android' roms to be installed manually a la Copperhead OS.
    A phone is like a portable computer system, it needs to get our work done & provide a means of of entertainment - a means to an end, not the end itself, its not a toy.
    The smartphone dream has been so over-hyped by apple that ppl end up paying more than double the price for a device.

For some... there is value in owning a Apple product, as it works and is supported by just about EVERYONE. And in the end they are quality devices. Heck I paid a lot to buy my wife an iPhone 6 two years ago, she just traded it it for a new iPhone 7 at no cost to us (other than sales tax). In the end her phone really didn't cost as much as I first taught it did.

As for BlackBerry.... yeah it hasn't worked. And I'm doubtful of just how many licensing partners we will see, and what kinds of hardware and pricing they will come up with - the security is optional, and might not be included by all these "partners".. Chen wasn't willing to let investors in on just how much revenue he expect from this new licensing only plan.
    murphcid likes this.
    09-30-16 07:42 AM
    Blackberry is 100% dead for security and enterprise use. It does not even support main VPN applications.
    It is odd your company only supports iphone and not android for security. Everyone supports android.
    You may need to double check with your IT about android as that does not make sense.
    It could just be your IT guy is a hardcore apple fanboi and is purposely refusing to connect android devices. If he wears and apple watch, then you know what is really going on.

My suggestion for a cheap phone that will do everything you want to do is a Galaxy S5 for like $125 for a refurb.
    Otterbox Commuter Case $15 = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12608468
    A wireless charger conversion Kit (amazon does not sell it anymore for the S5) = TYLT VU-MATE Wireless Charging Receiver Card - Android Wireless Charging - ShopAndroid
    Then a wireless charger $22 = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12608468

This will do everything you need, but you can also get an S6 for $200 to $250 refurb.

Then install the blackberry hub app.
    blackmass likes this.
    09-30-16 07:47 AM
    I hope this isn't the future of PKBs
    Well, it's certainly a better future than no future at all
    09-30-16 07:59 AM
    For some... there is value in owning a Apple product, as it works and is supported by just about EVERYONE. And in the end they are quality devices. Heck I paid a lot to buy my wife an iPhone 6 two years ago, she just traded it it for a new iPhone 7 at no cost to us (other than sales tax). In the end her phone really didn't cost as much as I first taught it did.
    Apple wud get just as much work done as a phone half its price.
    Quality - an apple phone comes out to b much more expensive than another phone per unit time used, both of which will average out at 2 years.
    Security - most highly secure application areas don't use apple, they r at an altogether different level.

I just don't c the utility of such a highly priced device, other than it being "attractive" due to its "good looks", "nice feel" etc...
    No doubt its products r beautiful.

It has overhyped the smartphone dream and that's the reason it makes 170 us$ profit per phone at the expense of fooling the people. The headphone jack removal is another mockery of the people.
    Slowly the people r learning though.

Last edited by blackmass; 09-30-16 at 08:14 AM.
    09-30-16 08:00 AM
    Blackberry is 100% dead for security and enterprise use. It does not even support main VPN applications.
    It is odd your company only supports iphone and not android for security. Everyone supports android.
    You may need to double check with your IT about android as that does not make sense.
    It could just be your IT guy is a hardcore apple fanboi and is purposely refusing to connect android devices. If he wears and apple watch, then you know what is really going on.

My suggestion for a cheap phone that will do everything you want to do is a Galaxy S5 for like $125 for a refurb.
    Otterbox Commuter Case $15 = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12608512
    A wireless charger conversion Kit (amazon does not sell it anymore for the S5) = TYLT VU-MATE Wireless Charging Receiver Card - Android Wireless Charging - ShopAndroid
    Then a wireless charger $22 = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12608512

This will do everything you need, but you can also get an S6 for $200 to $250 refurb.

Then install the blackberry hub app.
    Very well put.
    And soon enuff v will b having hardened Android security solutions for enterprise use by secusmart or someone else may come up.
    Yes, i know secusmart is a Blackberry company !!! And i feel the current 'blackberry Android' will ultimately be used by secusmart.

Last edited by blackmass; 09-30-16 at 08:55 AM.
    09-30-16 08:33 AM
    I believe you can use Google right?

Google

There you go.
    So you've got nothing, then.
    09-30-16 09:04 AM
    Apple wud get just as much work done as a phone half its price.
    Quality - an apple phone comes out to b much more expensive than another phone per unit time used, both of which will average out at 2 years.
    Security - most highly secure application areas don't use apple, they r at an altogether different level.

I just don't c the utility of such a highly priced device, other than it being "attractive" due to its "good looks", "nice feel" etc...
    No doubt its products r beautiful.

It has overhyped the smartphone dream and that's the reason it makes 170 us$ profit per phone at the expense of fooling the people. The headphone jack removal is another mockery of the people.
    Slowly the people r learning though.

Value is not an absolute and it changes depending on your viewpoint and your needs. A gallon of water in the middle of a desert might be priceless to someone that hasn't had a drink in two days.... in my local grocery store it's worth about $2 US.

For many an iPhone meets their needs and makes their smartphone experience easy and pleasant... for them an iPhone might be priceless.

If you don't see it or don't agree with it... that is fine, there are all sorts of Android options out there. Your wasting your time feeling sorry for iPhone users.
    togarika and StephanieMaks like this.
    09-30-16 09:06 AM
    It has already started -

http://m.economictimes.com/tech/hard...w/54583434.cms

Yes, i hav met such people who use apple for snob value/ status symbol, ease of use &/ or both. Some of my cousins belong to that category.
    And i don't feel sorry for anyone. Everything/ everyone exists for a purpose.

09-30-16 09:13 AM
    So you've got nothing, then.
    Yeah, sorry Chen did not write me letter this time or it got lost during the postal process. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    09-30-16 09:19 AM
    If chen's new plan is to license BlackBerry patents to various 2nd/3rd tier oems, do any exist in north America? We obviously won't have much access to Indonesian phones, so what north American manufacturers are out there?

Passport!
    09-30-16 09:22 AM
    If chen's new plan is to license BlackBerry patents to various 2nd/3rd tier oems, do any exist in north America? We obviously won't have much access to Indonesian phones, so what north American manufacturers are out there?

Passport!
    My interpretation wud b - Chinese handsets with bb-android in the US.

09-30-16 09:31 AM

For many an iPhone meets their needs and makes their smartphone experience easy and pleasant... for them an iPhone might be priceless.
    It's not hard to see why iphone owners stick to iphones - you have a computer that controls both the hardware and software to a level that nobody else does (samsung does to an extend in regards to hardware) and thus they have a better opportunity than anyone else to make a great user experience. Increasingly more and more of the components are designed in house (the A10 chip is only one example - and look how that smokes the competition) and the software team knows what they are working to - they aren't designing software to work with a mishmash of chips on a mishmash of random hardware.
    09-30-16 09:32 AM
    It's not hard to see why iphone owners stick to iphones - you have a computer that controls both the hardware and software to a level that nobody else does (samsung does to an extend in regards to hardware) and thus they have a better opportunity than anyone else to make a great user experience. Increasingly more and more of the components are designed in house (the A10 chip is only one example - and look how that smokes the competition) and the software team knows what they are working to - they aren't designing software to work with a mishmash of chips on a mishmash of random hardware.
    Agreed with most part - a large number of users lov the smooth/ simple/ beautiful way of the iPhone.

Point is what has this ease of use got to do with there being a competition among them to get their hands on the latest iPhone first ?
    The iPhone 6 has as much the 'ease of use factor' as the iPhone 7, till u get used to iPhone 7.

09-30-16 09:40 AM
    There's an official hardware keyboard attachment for the S7 - here's mine, it's awesome!

Attachment 409181

Posted via CB10
    That looks horrendous. Just saying

Via the Classy Classic
    09-30-16 09:42 AM
    I think you're confusing BES with BIS. BES has evolved into multi-OS MDM: BES12 Multi-OS MDM - United States

BlackBerry 10 phones doesn't require BIS, like the older BBOS phones, so BlackBerry 10 isn't "limited" by an absence of BIS. If you did want to use a BBOS phone, however, BIS is still around and free with AT&T (and I am pretty sure other US carriers).
    I am definitely not confusing it. Carriers, at least where I live, do have an immense fee for supporting the use of a company BES within their network. If a carrier does not "open these ports" on their network, BES cannot be used. With BIS this is a similar issue but as this applies mostly to consumers, fees are much lower there.

If you operate a BES as a company, every phone has to have this BlackBerry Business plan added in order to be able to connect to the BES. If not, only the standard protocols via ActiveSync can be used but then the whole point of BES is missed.
    David Tyler likes this.
    09-30-16 09:44 AM
    I think you're being overly harsh.

After all, where else can you get to see several unicorns every single day... and the rainbows are sure to brighten up any dull Autumn day!

Yup. The level of denial is bizarre isn't it?

Nobody "out there", beyond the CB bubble, seems to be in any doubt over what Chen meant when he spoke yesterday. BB are done with hardware, and sooner is better than later. Not so much a retreat from hardware, more a stampede for the exit! - maybe even before they release the Mercury, prototypes of which apparently exist. The story in every newspaper and tech journal I've seen is in no doubt that it's over.

And yet, inside the bubble, Chen's message in the ER and subsequent interviews is somehow unclear. Out of Hardware? Not a bit of it, BB has simply passed responsibility for manufacture and is "outsourcing" production to Santa's Elves. Chen publicly pondering never releasing the Mercury? Not at all, he promised Claudia Winkleman that PKB's are here to stay. BB10 dead? No, No, NO! OS10.3.3 is in the final stages of NIAP certification and BB haven't ruled out releasing more BB10 phones when the time is right.

And so it goes on.

It's like those stories you read of widows who continue to iron their dead husband's shirts because (somehow) he's not dead until you stop ironing. Sad really.

I used to worry that it was me. That I was somehow failing to see the connections and positive outcomes that these other posters saw. I guess I'm just not a rainbows and unicorns kind of panda! It took a while to realise that they simply inhabited a different reality to me and once that penny had dropped, I really started to enjoy the wonderment that is the CB forums.

Truly, these forums are unique - I think I mean that in a good way! LOL
    This is a much-needed dose of realism to push them out of the denial stage and in the anger that most of us bloody felt a year ago.
    09-30-16 10:09 AM
    Yeah, sorry Chen did not write me letter this time or it got lost during the postal process. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    That's not how it works. You made claims about reading specific statements quoted in articles. You were requested to cite your sources. You failed to do so. Are we to assume you're misremembering what you read, or are you going by outdated information? We can't know, unless we see the source of your information, which you refused to provide.
    darkehawke and DrBoomBotz like this.
    09-30-16 10:12 AM
    Hey, I bought a priv recently. It is a good device. But, after the recent announcements I am wondering if to return it. Should I?

09-30-16 10:18 AM
140 12345 ...