Dude, BB10 and BBOS are already price for price in UK, the Z10 is now cheaper then the 9720, still NOT selling.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    ""And guess what?

Carphone Warehouse pulled an exclusive deal to clear Z10 stock at �150 SIM Free or as little as �11 per month on contract.

You can only pre order on their website for delivery on 18th February because they are selling out and the wait has been as much as 2 weeks in the past.""

You;
    ""That's because they've already been wrote down. That is not a good thing no matter how you look at it, sure the user can get a cheap device but it will not make BB any money or bring in any service revenues. ""

Make up your mind...
    i will ask if youve got figures to back up the statement youve just made, but only to be polite..

by the way here are some comments:

" Because my Z30 is a work horse and can handle anything my business or I throw at it. If you are a business owner who works 7 days a week, this phone is right there with you. "

"I got my Q10, as the battery on my 9900 was on it's last legs, and other than the keyboard (which was excellent) there were many things I really didn't like about the 9900

Wanted another keyboard phone with good security (eg BlackBerry is the only option) so decided to get the Q10"

" I really liked everything I read about the new OS and had a mini experience with it when I purchased my PlayBook when it first came out.

I had gone to my local AT&T store to try out the Z10 a number of times since I was curious how I would do without a physical keyboard. I was coming from a 9810 and I rarely, I mean rarely used the virtual keyboard. At this time the Q10 was not available.

I upgraded in June and got the Z for $100. I traded in my old 9800 for a discount.

I like how you can multi-task easily. Voice is great over phone calls. Email text calendar all work well for me. Now that 10.2.1.1925 is available as an official or leak, the added features of toast notifications, etc enable me to stay connected. The screen on the Z10 is incredibly sharp, the keyboard is amazing, and the browser is a wowser!! ""

"I had a bold 9900 and the only new compelling offer was BlackBerry 10 I am a power user our IT is now deploying iPhone and Android but I refused to let go and allowed me on Active Sync every time they ask me to switch I say: can iPhone do that ? They say no I say get back to me when it can do it...
    BlackBerry 10 is the simply the only solution that suits my need I have no time losing opening and closing apps"

"I guess you can say the fact that I love BlackBerry led me to getting my first BB10 device. It surprised my that I enjoyed what BB10 had to offer, as I had previously grown bored of BBOS7 and figured BB10 would leave me feeling the same way. It didn't. "

BB7 will and should be recongised for being the platform that Blackberry first rose to success with, the platform that people initially fell in love with, but it can no longer help Blackberry be a major player.. too much has changed, i actually wouldnt say that BB7 be ever completely left without support, but taking a back seat to BB10 is a must.
    Skyforever and sheailewis1 like this.
    02-12-14 09:23 AM
    Smartphones are moving to LTE. UK a little behind NA in this regard. BBOS can not use LTE. There is a market (mainly prepaid phones) for the Jakarta and some sort of Foxconn made BlackBerry labelled physical keyboard device. I do think in the UK physical keyboards may be more popular than in NA.

It seems to me that particularly for the Q-Business phone they should either increase the screen size or bring back the buttons and trackpad. That would certainly help sales.
    02-12-14 09:56 AM
    Smartphones are moving to LTE. UK a little behind NA in this regard. BBOS can not use LTE. There is a market (mainly prepaid phones) for the Jakarta and some sort of Foxconn made BlackBerry labelled physical keyboard device. I do think in the UK physical keyboards may be more popular than in NA.

It seems to me that particularly for the Q-Business phone they should either increase the screen size or bring back the buttons and trackpad. That would certainly help sales.
    Who said BBOS can't use LTE? There's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't. In fact, start up wifi hotspot on your LTE device, connect a BBOS device to it and BIS will promptly fire up.

02-12-14 10:01 AM
    No, BB10 isn't selling well at least partly (and more likely mostly) because of itself. How would you characterize the app situation? The price tags? The outlandish hardware spec sheet? The launch reboot bugs that is likely one of the most major, pervasive bugs of any modern mobile operating system?

Contrary to popular opinion around here, BB10 contributed as much, if not more damage, to Blackberry's reputation than BB OS7. BB OS7 was given exceptions as a formerly relevant smartphone relic. BB10, in contrast, was hyped to be Blackberry's vision of the future: better than Android or iOS. And when Blackberry's vision of the future included 4.2" displays and year old CPUs and OS bugs and missing apps, etc. etc. and looked like what came out of its competitors 1 to 1.5 years ago, it just greatly underdelivered.

Also, BB10 is responsible for building the genuine sentiment that "Blackberry is dead". People have been saying Blackberry has been dead for a long time even during BB OS7; but, many of the initial wave of those were fanboys who didn't use Blackberry. BB10 is when the sentiment "Blackberry is dead" really hit home with actual Blackberry users, most notably its enterprise clients. Back-to-back consecutive billion dollar writedowns are severely hurting Blackberry's reputation.

If BB OS7 was perceived so much worse than BB10, it would not outsell BB10 3-to-1. Even if BB10 was suffering the horrible BB OS7 stigma, shouldn't consumers hate both BB OS7 and BB10 equally if their perception is build entirely from BB OS7 and they didn't know about BB10? Shouldn't they be more open to buying BB10 Blackberry when they see it, a phone that looks NOTHING like the despised OS7 ??

The fact of the matter is BB OS7 caused a lot of BBRY's problems; but, it isn't fair to scapegoat it for all of BB10's missteps. Without BB OS, it'd be naive to think that BB10 could even be as big as it currently is. No one would bat BB10 an eye if it came from a company like Jolla. BB10 is basically leeching off BB OS's former glory and all BB OS gets is flack for being everything wrong with BB10.
    Well there's a difference between hype and performance. Unlike OS7, BB10 is being improved rapidly. The only reason they left OS7 was because they couldn't even play catch up with other platforms because OS7 was built on java.

Also for few years running, the iPhone wasn't equally spec'd up and it did well. It's all about brand perception.

Oh also seriously if I hadn't come on crack berry having trouble on my playbook, I wouldn't even have known they were making a bb10 phone.

And when it released, they had a crappy super bowl commercial that quite a lot of audience liked... but unfortunately they waited 3... YES THREE MONTHS To even bring the product to US market. that's sh!tty marketing if you ask me. And when it hit store most stores didn't even have functional units.

Let's not act like 50million products were ordered and 45 were returned

Posted via CB10
    sheailewis1 likes this.
    02-12-14 10:07 AM
    Who said BBOS can't use LTE? There's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't. In fact, start up wifi hotspot on your LTE device, connect a BBOS device to it and BIS will promptly fire up.

Interesting ... I just saw this :

BlackBerry� BoldTM 9900 4G (7.0.0.182)

I now wonder if I can get 4G on my 9900 . I did not know.

Edit: Postscript - My carrier says that 4G is the same speed as 3G.

LTE is faster . If BlackBerry will not even give the 9900 a better battery, faster processor and better camera chances of LTE coming to BBOS is very very small. Is LTE compatible with BIS on the phone itself ? I doubt it. Basically, the time to upgrade BB7 was while they were upgrading to QNX. Obviously BB lacked the technical and managerial expertise to make the switch in the time frame that they originally envisioned. It is hindsight now but they should have upgraded the 9900 in 2012 as a stop gap for business consumers.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-12-14 at 02:29 PM.
    02-12-14 10:59 AM
    Were you being facetious?
    If not, I apologize in advance if I don't understand the context as I haven't read the whole thread.

How is that a BBOS device using LTE? That's a BBOS device using Wi-Fi to connect to a mobile hotspot.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-12-14 01:07 PM
    Were you being facetious?
    If not, I apologize in advance if I don't understand the context as I haven't read the whole thread.

How is that a BBOS device using LTE? That's a BBOS device using Wi-Fi to connect to a mobile hotspot.
    No, the person I responded to didn't say BBOS devices, he implied BBOS is not capable of using LTE, maybe because of BIS.

I used that example to prove BIS traffic can travel over the LTE network.

Apology accepted

02-12-14 01:17 PM
    No, the person I responded to didn't say BBOS devices, he implied BBOS is not capable of using LTE, maybe because of BIS.

I used that example to prove BIS traffic can travel over the LTE network.

Apology accepted

Ohh so you are aware of the comments here, care to read mine?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-12-14 01:24 PM
    Ohh so you are aware of the comments here, care to read mine?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I don't read anything longer then a paragraph.

02-12-14 01:26 PM

BB10 can use BIS too in case you didn't know,

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-12-14 01:51 PM
    BB10 can use BIS too in case you didn't know,

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    No bb10 sucks!!! It's terrible. Bbos is the future of mobile computing

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-12-14 01:57 PM
    ""And guess what?

Carphone Warehouse pulled an exclusive deal to clear Z10 stock at �150 SIM Free or as little as �11 per month on contract.

You can only pre order on their website for delivery on 18th February because they are selling out and the wait has been as much as 2 weeks in the past.""

You;
    ""That's because they've already been wrote down.

That is not a good thing no matter how you look at it, sure the user can get a cheap device but it will not make BB any money or bring in any service revenues. ""

Make up your mind...

i will ask if youve got figures to back up the statement youve just made, but only to be polite..

by the way here are some comments:

" Because my Z30 is a work horse and can handle anything my business or I throw at it.

If you are a business owner who works 7 days a week, this phone is right there with you. "

"I got my Q10, as the battery on my 9900 was on it's last legs.

and other than the keyboard (which was excellent) there were many things I really didn't like about the 9900

Wanted another keyboard phone with good security

(eg BlackBerry is the only option) so decided to get the Q10"

" I really liked everything I read about the new OS and had a mini experience with it when I purchased my PlayBook when it first came out.

I had gone to my local AT&T store to try out the Z10 a number of times since I was curious how I would do without a physical keyboard.

I was coming from a 9810 and I rarely, I mean rarely used the virtual keyboard.

At this time the Q10 was not available.

I upgraded in June and got the Z for $100. I traded in my old 9800 for a discount.

I like how you can multi-task easily. Voice is great over phone calls.

Email text calendar all work well for me.

Now that 10.2.1.1925 is available as an official or leak, the added features of toast notifications, etc enable me to stay connected.

The screen on the Z10 is incredibly sharp, the keyboard is amazing, and the browser is a wowser!! ""

"I had a bold 9900 and the only new compelling offer was BlackBerry 10 I am a power user

our IT is now deploying iPhone and Android but I refused to let go and allowed me on Active Sync every time they ask me to switch I say: can iPhone do that ?

They say no I say get back to me when it can do it...

BlackBerry 10 is the simply the only solution that suits my need I have no time losing opening and closing apps"

"I guess you can say the fact that I love BlackBerry led me to getting my first BB10 device.

It surprised my that I enjoyed what BB10 had to offer, as I had previously grown bored of BBOS7 and figured BB10 would leave me feeling the same way.

It didn't. "

BB7 will and should be recongised for being the platform that Blackberry first rose to success with, the platform that people initially fell in love with

, but it can no longer help Blackberry be a major player.. too much has changed,

i actually wouldnt say that BB7 be ever completely left without support, but taking a back seat to BB10 is a must.

Here you go, spoon sized, I hope it's easier to swallow now

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-12-14 02:00 PM
    new update from IDC report...BB marketshare fall to 0.6%.....worldwide last quarter

end of 2013 quarter, BB legacy still outselliing BB10. while other smartphone platform experience growth in total shipment volumes, only BB platform experiencing negative result. WP platform marketshare now 5 times BB number

Android and iOS Continue to Dominate the Worldwide Smartphone Market with Android Shipments Just Shy of 800 Million in 2013, According to IDC - prUS24676414
    Last edited by garnok; 02-13-14 at 05:24 AM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-13-14 05:09 AM
    Brutal numbers for BB, they won't exist much longer shipping only 1.7 million units in a quarter (that's 567 k per month). Assuming it's 3:1 BBOS to BB10 ratio, that's only 425 k BB10 devices over the whole quarter (141 k per month).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-13-14 05:20 AM
    Brutal numbers for BB, they won't exist much longer shipping only 1.7 million units in a quarter (that's 567 k per month). Assuming it's 3:1 BBOS to BB10 ratio, that's only 425 k BB10 devices over the whole quarter (141 k per month).

More worryingly for BB is the trajectory. It went up... Now it's tailing off and down. This isn't a "slow start but steadily gaining traction" kind of curve.
    This is a "gave it a shot, didn't work, disappearing into irrelevance" curve.

Just as well Chen is focusing on services and software.

JBB
    garnok and neo158 like this.
    02-13-14 05:47 AM
    Dude for christ sake leave CB.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Why, aren't these numbers rather important to those interested in blackberry?

At least he's not trying to advertise his music and poetry channel...

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-13-14 05:49 AM
    Why, aren't these numbers rather important to those interested in blackberry?

At least he's not trying to advertise his music and poetry channel...

He's been saying "BlackBerry isn't going to last much longer " it's like his slogan...idc what you say lol. the numbers are important if you're interested in that side of the business, but that's not what I had the problem with

I have a problem with 4 posters in here and they know themselves

Oh, that "trying to advertise my music and poetry channel " as you say, it's q signature, I'm sure you know what that is...I would hope u do, and I'm not the only one with it in the forums, get off my berries

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-13-14 05:55 AM
    I'm good thanks. This community needs a few more realists on here as the denial in here is unbelievable. What should we blame this time, the Z30 wasn't out long enough? BB10 has only been out for a year. BBM 2.0 isn't out yet, or, wait until the Jakarta is released......zzzzzzzz

BB jakarta if it is launch according to schedule, will come in 2nd quarter of 2014 (apr-jun) , i think this quarter will keep getting worse for BB.

with 1 billion smartphone being shipped this year, in my opinion its better for BB to change their focus from hardware to software, people still want BBM and MDM solution (cross platform) It will be easier, shorter time for BB to get positive financial result, their inverstors will be happier, and it is more profitable if BB can monetize BBM, and gain lot MDM subscribers...
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-13-14 06:05 AM

I reckon Chen isn't overly interested in the numbers, he knows that they will be aweful, but their abandoning the global consumer market so it's expected.
    He's just focused on a small profitable niche enterprise company in the West and having a punt in the consumer market in the East.
    He hopes the bbm and qnx divisions will also turn a decent profit.

JeepBB likes this.
    02-13-14 06:08 AM
    I reckon Chen isn't overly interested in the numbers, he knows that they will be aweful, but their abandoning the global consumer market so it's expected.
    He's just focused on a small profitable niche enterprise company in the West and having a punt in the consumer market in the East.
    He hopes the bbm and qnx divisions will also turn a decent profit.

Android and Apple own the mobile market. Even mighty Microsoft MSFT +0.79% struggles. Can a small player survive?

Sure. Take the automotive industry; it’s not all about volume. What do you call Porsche? What do you call Lamborghini? Porsche is doing extremely well. Now, Porsche serves a particular segment of the market, doing well for its shareholders and owners. It always serves the market for a purpose, which is the whole point.

Do you need a strategy, or are fast reflexes enough?

You must have short-, medium- and long-term strategies. And a lot of time you have to put the medium-term strategy in play. I had to do that at Sybase many times. We’d go down these paths, and some would work and some wouldn’t. But we had laid out a long-term plan, a medium-term plan and a short-term plan. However, if the short-term plan wasn’t working, the medium-term plan would kick in. A lot of companies have only one plan. That’s great if things go perfectly, not so great if things blow up.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-13-14 06:22 AM
    Android and Apple own the mobile market. Even mighty Microsoft MSFT +0.79% struggles. Can a small player survive?

Sure. Take the automotive industry; it’s not all about volume. What do you call Porsche? What do you call Lamborghini? Porsche is doing extremely well. Now, Porsche serves a particular segment of the market, doing well for its shareholders and owners. It always serves the market for a purpose, which is the whole point.

You must have short-, medium- and long-term strategies. And a lot of time you have to put the medium-term strategy in play. I had to do that at Sybase many times. We’d go down these paths, and some would work and some wouldn’t. But we had laid out a long-term plan, a medium-term plan and a short-term plan. However, if the short-term plan wasn’t working, the medium-term plan would kick in. A lot of companies have only one plan. That’s great if things go perfectly, not so great if things blow up.
    porsche, and lamborghini are premium product, while BB already try to sell their phone for high price, but its not work... .their latest product will be Jakarta, phone price less than $200 if BB want to gain profit or at least large user base...then they must count on volume..

great if they have other plan...we should see in the future if its working or not...
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-13-14 06:35 AM

Sure. Take the automotive industry; it�s not all about volume. What do you call Porsche? What do you call Lamborghini? Porsche is doing extremely well. Now, Porsche serves a particular segment of the market, doing well for its shareholders and owners. It always serves the market for a purpose, which is the whole point.

You must have short-, medium- and long-term strategies. And a lot of time you have to put the medium-term strategy in play. I had to do that at Sybase many times. We�d go down these paths, and some would work and some wouldn�t. But we had laid out a long-term plan, a medium-term plan and a short-term plan. However, if the short-term plan wasn�t working, the medium-term plan would kick in. A lot of companies have only one plan. That�s great if things go perfectly, not so great if things blow up.

Hmmm... Both Porsche & Lamborghini are owned by Volkswagen. I seriously doubt either could afford future r&d and regular new models they didn't have Volkswagen as a rich sugar daddy. It suits VW to keep both names as their premium brands.
    BB doesn't have any megacorp with deep pockets standing behind it.

JBB
    02-13-14 06:46 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 Awarded 2014 iF Product Design Award - N4BB

BlackBerry Z10 claims Red Dot Award for Product Design 2013 | CrackBerry.com
    niether of these seen on any ads in the UK, the more recent one should and hopefullly will be used
    02-13-14 09:09 AM
    porsche, and lamborghini are premium product, while BB already try to sell their phone for high price, but its not work... .their latest product will be Jakarta, phone price less than $200 if BB want to gain profit or at least large user base...then they must count on volume..

great if they have other plan...we should see in the future if its working or not...
    fair points, but in the UK at least, BB10 could have sold as a high end product, (current price Q10). Its not that the price set was the primary issue, but Blackberry did not add value to the brand with the BB10 launch, in the UK there was no clear message communicated, or some PR to get people talking about BB, the biggest BB event last year was BBM cross platform, (and yes alot of that at first was negative because of the delay) but if BB had got people talking and got the buzz out there in a similar way to what happened with BBM , they would have sold more devices at that price. IMHO
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-13-14 09:14 AM
    Hmmm... Both Porsche & Lamborghini are owned by Volkswagen. I seriously doubt either could afford future r&d and regular new models they didn't have Volkswagen as a rich sugar daddy. It suits VW to keep both names as their premium brands.
    BB doesn't have any megacorp with deep pockets standing behind it.

JBB
    True but the point Chen was making there was he has more than one strategy, one is to target the niche of regulated markets who will pay a premium for security, another is to tap into developing markets.

also VW would only put money into P+L if they really needed it, they dont have immediate access to all funds its a subsidiary, operating as its own business but owned by another business, yes this might allow for a bigger budget, but not disproportionally.
    02-13-14 09:18 AM
252 ... 7891011