UK smartphone ownership sees Android and iPhone on par | T3

5% more ownership that windows phone! More needs to be done in the UK this year though only 59% of people with smartphones

You can get the full report here : Ipsos MORI | Publication | Ipsos MediaCT Tech Tracker Q4 2013

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-10-14 02:12 AM
    Nice!! Hope BlackBerry capitalises on this.

Sent from my Z10
    02-10-14 02:20 AM
    Nice!! Hope BlackBerry capitalises on this.

Sent from my Z10
    Capitalise on being third? Not so sure about that lol

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    cwalt2166 and Acidwire like this.
    02-10-14 02:31 AM
    According to the article BBRY's share is falling, hope we can reverse that with sensible pricing of BB10 handsets.
    02-10-14 02:34 AM
    According to the article BBRY's share is falling, hope we can reverse that with sensible pricing of BB10 handsets.
    Lol yeah, and some effective marketing

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-10-14 02:37 AM
    UK smartphone ownership sees Android and iPhone on par | T3

5% more ownership that windows phone! More needs to be done in the UK this year though only 59% of people with smartphones

You can get the full report here : Ipsos MORI | Publication | Ipsos MediaCT Tech Tracker Q4 2013

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Let's not kid ourselves though, the vast majority of those are Legacy devices, which explains why some of us are arguing for an updated BB7 device.

Blackberry is number 3 with a 3 year old lineup of Legacy devices.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-10-14 03:39 AM
    Or more realistically with an updated BB8 legacy device.

02-10-14 03:41 AM
    Let's not kid ourselves though, the vast majority of those are Legacy devices, which explains why some of us are arguing for an updated BB7 device.

Blackberry is number 3 with a 3 year old lineup of Legacy devices.

Where are your figures for that? I would love to see the regional breakdown of device sales in England that justifys your assumption..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Mecca EL and extisis like this.
    02-10-14 03:55 AM
    Or more realistically with an updated BB8 legacy device.

Try less realistically..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    extisis likes this.
    02-10-14 03:57 AM
    Where are your figures for that? I would love to see the regional breakdown of device sales in England that justifys your assumption..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    You don't need regional breakdown figgures when there's only some 5 million BB10 devices sold globally.

02-10-14 03:57 AM
    You don't need regional breakdown figgures when there's only some 5 million BB10 devices sold globally.

Yes you do to make the claims you're making, and thus thread isn't about how many BB10 phones are sold. Or BB7 it's about how many people have a blackberry device in the UK, if you want to discuss BB10 vs BB7 after the previous thread was shut down, start another.. thanks

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-10-14 04:00 AM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    You only have to look at phone ownership on my daily train commute to see that the vast majority of BlackBerry phones here in the UK are still legacy BB7 handsets.

I've unfortunately seen very few BB10 devices here.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 04:01 AM
    Yes you do to make the claims you're making, and thus thread isn't about how many BB10 phones are sold. Or BB7 it's about how many people have a blackberry device in the UK, if you want to discuss BB10 vs BB7 after the previous thread was shut down, start another.. thanks

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Go and read the BB own figures if you don't believe me. It's not my "claim"

Let's not ignore the obvious truth.

TgeekB and bobauckland like this.
    02-10-14 04:03 AM
    You only have to look at phone ownership on my daily train commute to see that the vast majority of BlackBerry phones here in the UK are still legacy BB7 handsets.

I've unfortunately seen very few BB10 devices here.

Posted via CB10
    Whilst that's still not really a proof of assumption, even if it was it doesn't warrant a'BB8' phone, ask those with legacy if they know about BB10 and most will say no, or their knowledge will be limited.. but again this thread isn't to discuss popularity of BB7 vs BB10 you can start another for that it's just about BlackBerry popularity in the UK in general,

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-14 04:04 AM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    but he's right - notice your OP isn't about market share, it's about ownership, a lagging indicator - we know market share, it was about 3% and declining at the last Kantar panel. There is no way given that the total worldwide sales of BB10 are so small that this represents anything but a very small numbers. Your alternative is to say that millions were sold in the UK but that would mean you are saying that next to zero were sold in the rest of the world combined. When you have such small numbers, there isn't much wiggle room.
    02-10-14 04:05 AM
    BB themselves say that only one in four new sales are BB10. Given the total BB10 sales globally, the only way that #3 userbase figure adds up is overwhelmingly due to legacy devices.

JBB
    Drew808, MERCDROID, Etios and 1 others like this.
    02-10-14 04:06 AM
    This is like HTC users rejoicing at Android marketshare when the majority of Android devices are Samsung.

Or Nokia WP8 users happy at Nokia's global mobile phone marketshare when it's made up of mostly Nokia Dumb Phones.

02-10-14 04:06 AM
    Go and read the BB own figures if you don't believe me. It's not my "claim"

Let's not ignore the obvious truth.

The 'obvious truth' is you refused to address my points in another thread on the basis that I was 'confrontational'..

And yet here you are hijacking a thread..
    If you've got nothing to add to the actual thread topic, feel free to start your own thread with whatever topic you wish to discuss, that's the beauty of CB

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    bungaboy, deptech and Mecca EL like this.
    02-10-14 04:07 AM
    If you don't listen to me listen to the other posters saying the same thing. I don't want to argue, just to correct your assumptions.

02-10-14 04:08 AM
    Whilst that's still not really a proof of assumption, even if it was it doesn't warrant a'BB8' phone, ask those with legacy if they know about BB10 and most will say no, or their knowledge will be limited.. but again this thread isn't to discuss popularity of BB7 vs BB10 you can start another for that it's just about BlackBerry popularity in the UK in general,

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Wrong, every shop in UK has a BB10 section, it's more advertised then anywhere. And it's still not selling.

BlackBerry is Still Number 3! (UK)-imageuploadedbycb-forums1392027025.071722.jpg

milo53 likes this.
    02-10-14 04:10 AM
    but he's right - notice your OP isn't about market share, it's about ownership, a lagging indicator - we know market share, it was about 3% and declining at the last Kantar panel. There is no way given that the total worldwide sales of BB10 are so small that this represents anything but a very small numbers. Your alternative is to say that millions were sold in the UK but that would mean you are saying that next to zero were sold in the rest of the world combined. When you have such small numbers, there isn't much wiggle room.
    I'm not saying that he was right or wrong, it as asking him to provide evidence for his claim, granted it's his perogative to do so or not and it may be a natural assumption to say legacy is more widespread than BB10.. BUT..

The OP isn't about specifying which is selling more at all, I'm not jumping around saying yay BlackBerry is third because of BB10.. That's a question for another thread

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-14 04:13 AM
    Wrong, every shop in UK has a BB10 section, it's more advertised then anywhere. And it's still not selling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1392027025.071722.jpg 
Views:	1035 
Size:	769.8 KB 
ID:	246536

'every shop' not the ones I've seen? And again even so that's advertising but that's not effective marketing .. there's a difference

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-10-14 04:15 AM
    If you don't listen to me listen to the other posters saying the same thing. I don't want to argue, just to correct your assumptions.

What assumptions? try reading my posts again..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-10-14 04:16 AM
    I'm not saying that he was right or wrong, it as asking him to provide evidence for his claim, granted it's his perogative to do so or not and it may be a natural assumption to say legacy is more widespread than BB10.. BUT..

The OP isn't about specifying which is selling more at all, I'm not jumping around saying yay BlackBerry is third because of BB10.. That's a question for another thread

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Come on man, use your common sense. If there's only some 5 million BB10 devices sold GLOBALLY, how do you not get the vast majority of BB users are on legacy? Even if ALL BB10 devices sold to date were all in UK, they still would make up a fraction of the BB UK marketshare.

EDIt BB10 numbers are available right here in CrackBerry, have you not seen the last Quarter report? If not educate yourself.

02-10-14 04:16 AM
    Come on man, use your common sense. If there's only some 5 million BB10 devices sold GLOBALLY, how do you not get the vast majority of BB users are on legacy? Even if ALL BB10 devices sold to date were all in UK, they still would make up a fraction of the BB UK marketshare.

Where have i argued otherwise?!?!?!

I only asked that you back up your claims, I never made any of my own, you've assumed that I'm against the fact that BB7 is selling more when we discussed this at length in another thread where you ignored several points...

Where we disagree is why BB10 is selling less, you think it's because it's not legacy, when you've been shown how other factors are more of a reason.. and you think that a new legacy phone will fix all of Blackberry's problems they released one last year and the stories still the same

Legacy sales are falling (selling multi millions to selling millions isn't anything to be excited about, it's like Nokia excited that they sell so many dumb phones when there was a time they sold so many more)

Developer support for legacy is falling (you've seen the graph)

BB10 isn't perfect, but it's BlackBerry's future.. thats common sense..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-10-14 04:22 AM
252 123 ...