Hmmm... Both Porsche & Lamborghini are owned by Volkswagen. I seriously doubt either could afford future r&d and regular new models they didn't have Volkswagen as a rich sugar daddy. It suits VW to keep both names as their premium brands.
    BB doesn't have any megacorp with deep pockets standing behind it.
    JBB
    Volkswagen AG and Porsche merged, Porsche have the majority voting stake.
    Porsche could afford the R&D as they were already platform sharing the Cayenne with VAG.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-13-14 10:39 AM
    BB10 can use BIS too in case you didn't know,

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I didn't know that. How do you know that? From what I've read http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...de-bis-786880/, a BB10 deivce will work on a BIS "PLAN" but it doesn't use the standard BIS Servcies. You will get no data compression, no email services via BlackBerry....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-13-14 10:50 AM
    I didn't know that. How do you know that? From what I've read http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...de-bis-786880/, a BB10 deivce will work on a BIS "PLAN" but it doesn't use the standard BIS Servcies. You will get no data compression, no email services via BlackBerry....
    That's what I meant about the plan, j want sure on the other services,I know you can't segment it like you could on legacy or email bbm etc.

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-13-14 11:04 AM
    True. I still have my BIS-enabled plan that I use with my Z10 and Z30. I didn't touch my plan last year when I picked up my Z10, since I wanted to be able to use my 9900 if required. It works well, but there are none of the "BIS benefits".
    02-13-14 11:04 AM
    Volkswagen AG and Porsche merged, Porsche have the majority voting stake.
    Porsche could afford the R&D as they were already platform sharing the Cayenne with VAG.
    I stand corrected, the danger with pushing any analogy too far.

However, I think the point I was making still stands. Small niche companies, and it shows how the once mighty have fallen that BB can even be mentioned in that context, often succeed because they have the support and backing of a bigger company. It allows them to take risks and design and develop product knowing that there's a safety-net.

Obviously that sugar-daddy will want something in return and won't endlessly provide support if it appears wrong. But, it's a "comfort" to have that safety-net.

I reckon Chen's plan A,B & C involves a laser-focus on software and services. There's a side-bet on Jakarta, but I believe it's just that, a side-bet. As a few have posted, surprisingly without being flamed , I don't believe consumer hardware is really part of Chen's planning.
    02-13-14 12:46 PM
    So for the 4 or so posters in here who have written off BlackBerry and have stated repeatedly that it's over.....what do you gain from spending time in here? Are your lives that boring that you have nothing better to do. Yes yes I know you'll come back with "i'm free to post anywhere" blah blah blah. Even so, my statement still hold true.

Well better run. Gotta head over to the betamax thread to tell people that it's dead over and over and over again since my life is meaningless.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 02:57 PM
    So for the 4 or so posters in here who have written off BlackBerry and have stated repeatedly that it's over.....what do you gain from spending time in here? Are your lives that boring that you have nothing better to do. Yes yes I know you'll come back with "i'm free to post anywhere" blah blah blah. Even so, my statement still hold true.

Well better run. Gotta head over to the betamax thread to tell people that it's dead over and over and over again since my life is meaningless.

Posted via CB10
    Lool don't worry, let them have their say, loads of people may have given up on Rocky when he got beat, but he picked himself up nonetheless

2014 #BlackberryWillRise

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    ray689 likes this.
    02-15-14 03:16 PM
    wow my last post get a warning and deleted by CB moderator...so let me tone it down but still have same meaning

i am a BB legacy user and BBM cross platform user, so why cant i make a post in here? , not every post in here need to be positive / defend BB, we are making a discussion, i dont think CB as BB support group need to praise BB everytime,.

some BB posters who claim others have boring life...maybe he also have a boring life.. post more than 3000 in less than a year. super duper boring life for me..
    Last edited by garnok; 02-15-14 at 07:02 PM.
    02-15-14 06:49 PM
    wow my last post get a warning and deleted by CB moderator...so let me tone it down but still have same meaning

i am a BB legacy user and BBM cross platform user, so why cant i make a post in here? , not every post in here need to be positive / defend BB, we are making a discussion, i dont think CB as BB support group need to praise BB everytime,.

some BB posters who claim others have boring life...maybe he also have a boring life.. post more than 3000 in less than a year. super duper boring life for me..
    I post here because it's an area of interest for me that I enjoy. You on the other hand have declared that it's dead and won't exist so wasting your time on it isn't very logical.
    But I'm sure you'll post I'm 50 other threads with the same thing. We get it, sales aren't great and you think it's dead. Good for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 07:18 PM
    I post here because it's an area of interest for me that I enjoy. You on the other hand have declared that it's dead and won't exist so wasting your time on it isn't very logical.
    But I'm sure you'll post I'm 50 other threads with the same thing. We get it, sales aren't great and you think it's dead. Good for you.

Posted via CB10
    and just like you i like general tech and the business side...so it is very logical for me to post here...to give my own opinion and give some information i get.

i never said BB will be dead, i believe their consumer smartphone especially BB10 eventually will be dead, but not the other business BB had like MDM solution, and BBM cross platform
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-15-14 08:46 PM
    and just like you i like general tech and the business side...so it is very logical for me to post here...to give my own opinion and give some information i get.

i never said BB will be dead, i believe their consumer smartphone especially BB10 eventually will be dead, but not the other business BB had like MDM solution, and BBM cross platform
    Smh dude you don't get it. If you like tech, you come here and say what it is you like about it or don't like. This isn't a finance website. Time and time again you start spitting sales numbers as a way of convincing everyone you are right. As long as BlackBerry keeps making phones, do us a favor and shut it with the sales pitch. If they close up shop come back here and brag.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    02-15-14 09:50 PM
    Smh dude you don't get it. If you like tech, you come here and say what it is you like about it or don't like. This isn't a finance website. Time and time again you start spitting sales numbers as a way of convincing everyone you are right. As long as BlackBerry keeps making phones, do us a favor and shut it with the sales pitch. If they close up shop come back here and brag.

Posted via CB10
    so why people like OP can mention and make a thread about the business side....but i cant ? there are dozen threads in here talking about BB business side..and CB editor also often write and make a podcast about BB business side and their point of view...
    02-15-14 11:31 PM
    Guys please could you take your dispute elsewhere?
    You can start your own thread about disputing each other or stick to the topic.

Thanks

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-16-14 01:48 AM
    Guys please could you take your dispute elsewhere?
    You can start your own thread about disputing each other or stick to the topic.

Thanks

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I second that, getting way OT now. Topic is UK sales not Indonesia.

Should I clean up more?

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    02-16-14 01:55 AM
    I second that, getting way OT now. Topic is UK sales not Indonesia.

Should I clean up more?

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    At your discretion

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-16-14 01:58 AM
    Friend of mines went to buy a blackberry only to be old they are dead and over and won't be around very soon - in every phone shop she went into. (uk)

It's very depressing.

I love my z10 but people have this negative image of blackberry in their head.

Blackberry seriously need to consider rebranding. At the moment everyone in the UK want 'Samsung '.

Why can't they launch a phone called the 'grape' or whatever!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:05 AM
    Friend of mines went to buy a blackberry only to be old they are dead and over and won't be around very soon - in every phone shop she went into. (uk)

It's very depressing.

I love my z10 but people have this negative image of blackberry in their head.

Blackberry seriously need to consider rebranding. At the moment everyone in the UK want 'Samsung '.

Why can't they launch a phone called the 'grape' or whatever!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I think the period last year where they were 'considering options' really hurt them.. even sales people where basically saying it's dead don't buy one they might not be here, and that attitude hasn't been turned over enough in the UK,

I saw that the marketing budget has been upped for 2014 I want to see it being used right! Recruit passionate, patient blackberry reps, I've heard a few complaints about reps not being patient with instore sales individuals, that comes off bad on BlackBerry. I'm seeing a few bits of PR here and there so I hope it's leading up to something good something that gets people talking Blackberry again, and not dead.

The negative image needs to be reversed, I know some people wanted it to be rebounded QNX but i dont know if the budget can handle that, i think they can do it with the BlackBerry name, they just need to be clever about it, there are loads of ideas and people doing things for BlackBerry from here on CB, they should be using it!

Yeah Samsung has its fruits in a the basket, high end low end mid tier, it's hard to compare against a triage of devices, but security, security, make the everyday individual care about security make it emotional, (apps mining data) make it funny associate BlackBerry with good feeling again..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-16-14 02:54 AM
    Yeah, I think the period last year where they were 'considering options' really hurt them.. even sales people where basically saying it's dead don't buy one they might not be here, and that attitude hasn't been turned over enough in the UK,

I saw that the marketing budget has been upped for 2014 I want to see it being used right! Recruit passionate, patient blackberry reps, I've heard a few complaints about reps not being patient with instore sales individuals, that comes off bad on BlackBerry. I'm seeing a few bits of PR here and there so I hope it's leading up to something good something that gets people talking Blackberry again, and not dead.

The negative image needs to be reversed, I know some people wanted it to be rebounded QNX but i dont know if the budget can handle that, i think they can do it with the BlackBerry name, they just need to be clever about it, there are loads of ideas and people doing things for BlackBerry from here on CB, they should be using it!

Yeah Samsung has its fruits in a the basket, high end low end mid tier, it's hard to compare against a triage of devices, but security, security, make the everyday individual care about security make it emotional, (apps mining data) make it funny associate BlackBerry with good feeling again..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    And when they find out they sold under 1 million BB10 devices next quarter?

Turns out my 1.6 million BB10 sold last quarter was exaggerated, the figure was actually 1.1 million.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-16-14 03:54 AM
    http://m.t3.com/news/three-in-four-b...ternet-privacy

If blackberry want to go on the assault wit privacy, they need to do it right but it could be a big win for them

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-17-14 06:02 AM
    I agree that privacy / security would be a selling feature . I wonder if it is true however .
    02-17-14 09:45 AM
    I agree that privacy / security would be a selling feature . I wonder if it is true however .
    If it were bbry would be on top.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-17-14 09:50 AM
    If it were bbry would be on top.
    Not if people don't have confidence in then as a company that's why I'm excited to see events like this ;

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-17-14 10:08 AM
    I stand corrected, the danger with pushing any analogy too far.

However, I think the point I was making still stands. Small niche companies, and it shows how the once mighty have fallen that BB can even be mentioned in that context, often succeed because they have the support and backing of a bigger company. It allows them to take risks and design and develop product knowing that there's a safety-net.

Obviously that sugar-daddy will want something in return and won't endlessly provide support if it appears wrong. But, it's a "comfort" to have that safety-net.

I reckon Chen's plan A,B & C involves a laser-focus on software and services. There's a side-bet on Jakarta, but I believe it's just that, a side-bet. As a few have posted, surprisingly without being flamed , I don't believe consumer hardware is really part of Chen's planning.
    I do not see the Foxconn deal as a side bet. I think that with Foxconn, Blackberry has the ability to reduce the amount of time it takes to design and manufacture phones thereby decreasing the chance of releasing phones that are last years models today. BlackBerry's current phones are not competitive in the market place. I do not see carrier support returning until the handsets are equal to others in the price range that they attempting to sell.
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-17-14 11:29 AM
    BlackBerry's current phones are not competitive in the market place. I do not see carrier support returning until the handsets are equal to others in the price range that they attempting to sell.
    On this, I am in full agreement.

It'll be interesting to see the price-point of the first Foxconn/BB10 phone. With 10.2.1, BB10 features are now on a par with other OS's but, as they can't compete on ecosystem against Android, competitive pricing will be key.

Now, while saying the pricing needs to be competitive sounds like a statement of the obvious, that didn't stop BB introducing the Q5 into that same Indonesian market at $400!

Maybe Foxconn will be smarter?
    kbz1960 and Bbnivende like this.
    02-17-14 12:42 PM
    On this, I am in full agreement.

It'll be interesting to see the price-point of the first Foxconn/BB10 phone. With 10.2.1, BB10 features are now on a par with other OS's but, as they can't compete on ecosystem against Android, competitive pricing will be key.

Now, while saying the pricing needs to be competitive sounds like a statement of the obvious, that didn't stop BB introducing the Q5 into that same Indonesian market at $400!

Maybe Foxconn will be smarter?
    Again, whilst appreciate that price is a key factor especially in emerging/develiping markets, it won't mean much if BlackBerry doesn't add value to the brand, for me, even before 10.2.1 BlackBerry's os was superior to other major OS's,

Ecosystems can be built, but brand confidence is crucial to that which is what they don't have much of St the moment but step by step are rebuilding.

This will also help the phones hold their price, if carriers can't see themselves making long terms profits on the phones then why would they support it? But again this is more relevant to developed markets with a high amount of high tier demand..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-17-14 01:36 PM
252 ... 891011