Hi everyone,

Yesterday I participated to a conference in Paris and I can confirm than every lawyers and legal professional in the place had a blackberry. Some had an iphone as secondary phone but the large majority had a BlackBerry.

But in fact they all had legacies devices. Bold and curve. I only saw one person with the Q5 who said her old device missed her because the Q5 was disappointing because of its battery.
    I spoke about the Q10 but I think she prefers return to the oldest devices.

Sorry for my message I can't proofread it, I don't know how post a new thread with the CBAPP and the full website doesn't work very good with my Q10. But the story is here.

Thanks
    05-15-14 11:16 AM
    My opinion: I think people ( professionals), stay with the legacy devices because they see it more as a work tool. The more bells and whistles it has ( like the bb10), the more it becomes like a toy.
    Myself for example, I tend to spend more time on my z then I would had I just have a legacy device. So
    Some people just don't like to mix their work tools with their toys.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-15-14 11:28 AM
    I can't believe someone complained about the Q5 battery. As far as I can tell, it rocks.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 11:46 AM
    I can't believe someone complained about the Q5 battery. As far as I can tell, it rocks.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I don't know. She said it's old device's battery last nearly a week and now, the q5 last a day.
    I know we are proud of our Blackberry's batteries but the fact is they don't last as long as the old devices' ones and I can understand it's disappointing for some peoples.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:32 PM
    Honestly I don't know. She said it's old device's battery last nearly a week and now, the q5 last a day.
    I know we are proud of our Blackberry's batteries but the fact is they don't last as long as the old devices' ones and I can understand it's disappointing for some peoples.

Posted via CB10
    A week? She never used it then.
    05-15-14 12:45 PM
    She only use it for hers emails. She has an old Nokia for calling. And do nothing else. Yes strangely a lot of them have a BlackBerry and an other phone to call.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:50 PM
    One of the things legacy devices have ( not withstanding those who have had issues ) is longevity... One of the reason you see so many professional people with legacy devices is that they last well beyond the respective company's replacement cycle... why replace something that works....
    05-15-14 01:03 PM
    One of the things legacy devices have ( not withstanding those who have had issues ) is longevity... One of the reason you see so many professional people with legacy devices is that they last well beyond the respective company's replacement cycle... why replace something that works....
    Yes I totally agree with you but if the new devices don't follow the same logic, BlackBerry will loose some of ancient users. I don't know if it's technically possible but they need to improve their batteries again. I think it's better than competition but it's not enough for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Indeed. My BlackBerry Q5 on WiFi played streaming radio (not FM) for approximately 8 hours overnight and the battery was at 85%.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    05-15-14 01:40 PM