Hi

I have gone back and forth between an Android device and BlackBerry. I'm currently on a verizon z10 which I like well enough but I'm due for an upgrade and am wondering if I should stay with BlackBerry?? Do ya'll feel that rim will even be in existence in another year? And if they're just hanging on what will support be like?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 05:29 PM
    BlackBerry will be around in a year. Also the phone would still work even if BlackBerry wasn't around. The Z30 is an amazing phone to begin with

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 05:40 PM
    I came back to BlackBerry from IOS and was a long time iPhone user. I really like OS10 and I have faith that BlackBerry will turn things around.

They may not have the huge user base they once had in the USA, but I think there will be enough to support a niche product.

Myself, I am here for the long haul and I love my z30. I can't predict the future, but I am excited about BlackBerry and it should be a fun ride.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    03-31-14 05:44 PM
    I'd bet a ton of money that BlackBerry will be here with full support in one years time. No question.

Powered by BlackBerry
    03-31-14 05:47 PM
    The question you should be asking yourself is what you'll be using the phone for. If it's primarily for communications (phone, text, email), you'll be fine with a BB10 device. I actually prefer the UI on the BlackBerry but could not use it as a daily driver because key apps were missing for me (even with the latest OS leaks.)

If you have no need for apps, BB10 is fine. If you rely heavily on apps and you need those to work flawlessly, you're better off with the platform that has native versions.
    cdw5510 likes this.
    03-31-14 05:56 PM
    I'm currently on a verizon z10 which I like well enough but I'm due for an upgrade and am wondering if I should stay with BlackBerry?
    You're due for an upgrade after a year?

Sometimes it seems these threads are planted.
    03-31-14 06:14 PM
    And a cb user for an hour!

David Jeffrey is a troll.

Or the manager of Linfield FC.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    03-31-14 06:59 PM
    The question you should be asking yourself is what you'll be using the phone for. If it's primarily for communications (phone, text, email), you'll be fine with a BB10 device. I actually prefer the UI on the BlackBerry but could not use it as a daily driver because key apps were missing for me (even with the latest OS leaks.)

If you have no need for apps, BB10 is fine. If you rely heavily on apps and you need those to work flawlessly, you're better off with the platform that has native versions.
    Well said. Apps no good communications fantastic.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    03-31-14 07:02 PM
    Well said. Apps no good communications fantastic.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    I somewhat disagree it has a bunch of apps, and with 10.2.1 it has even more thanks to android and Snap. Sure it doesn't have some of the "games" ect. But for a lot of people like myself it had the apps we need thanks to Snap

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:05 PM
    Hi

I have gone back and forth between an Android device and BlackBerry. I'm currently on a verizon z10 which I like well enough but I'm due for an upgrade and am wondering if I should stay with BlackBerry?? Do ya'll feel that rim will even be in existence in another year? And if they're just hanging on what will support be like?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it will still exist. Go upgrade to Z30. Lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-31-14 07:08 PM
    Quick question... how are you due for an upgrade when the z10 is barely a year old bro? seriously?

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    03-31-14 07:11 PM
    They will definitely be around for at least two more years, and that's worst case. They have enough cash, and if you buy your phone now, you will be safe till your next upgrade for sure.
    03-31-14 07:33 PM
    Pentagon getting onto BB10 us a strong signal about BlackBerry future. They would not invest in it if they were not sure about the platform being around.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 08:18 PM
    Another troll trying to get attention. Nothing to see here people. Move on move on

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 08:51 PM
    What a stupid *** comment....they have zero debt and have 2.7 billion dollars and are planning 3 high end devices in 18 months and have a 5 year contract with Foxconn and have the enterprise market share....blackberry has always been an enterprise company first consumer second.....why do people love to pick on blackberry it truly puzzles me....you know how long people have been saying BlackBerry R.I.P or blackberry is dead...2010...2011..2012...2013...2014. .like its getting really old now and just plain stupid it's just to show the media can control anybody mind...it's like the consumer are lemmings and will follow anything marketing and their friends tell them to get...it's like people can't research and think for themselves....blackberry is here to stay and trust me when they rise they will be stronger than ever.... blackberry has so much value when they truly unlock their potential...
    07thking and Jrox74 like this.
    03-31-14 08:57 PM
    Pentagon getting onto BB10 us a strong signal about BlackBerry future. They would not invest in it if they were not sure about the platform being around.
    BB the company will be around, and BES will still exist, short of GROSS incompetence from Chen. That's not really in question.

What IS in question is: will BB be in the handset business a year from now? And IMO, there's a pretty high chance that the answer to that question will be "no." Remember, in addition to BB10, BES10 can manage iOS and Android phones, and BES12 will be able to manage WinPhone and even BBOS, so the need for building BB phones will go way down once BES12 can be deployed.
    03-31-14 09:45 PM
    What a stupid *** comment....they have zero debt and have 2.7 billion dollars
    They have $1.25B of debt, and despite selling off all of their buildings AND getting most of their tax return money early, they STILL burned through half a billion dollars last quarter. Without the sale of that property, they'd be down nearly a full billion, and it's not like they have anything left to sell for cash next quarter. If BB had 4 more quarters like this last one, they'd be bankrupt. Yes, they've cut expenses, and so operating expenses *should* be lower next Q, but the cash they have on-hand will only sustain them for 5-6 quarters if they don't turn things around. You can't be in denial about that - that's simple accounting.
    03-31-14 09:50 PM
    What IS in question is: will BB be in the handset business a year from now?
    Yes. They will have released a BlackBerry Android qwerty by then.
    03-31-14 10:14 PM
    Gross.. they'd go out of business before even contemplating that

03-31-14 10:47 PM
    Gross.. they'd go out of business before even contemplating that
    Lol you'll be surprised then
    03-31-14 10:49 PM
    How stupid is that... BB10 runs android apps... wtf is the point of getting android OS on it and compromise all its security features..

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-31-14 11:12 PM
    How stupid is that... BB10 runs android apps... wtf is the point of getting android OS on it and compromise all its security features.
    To get Google Play services. And BlackBerry will introduce an Android model once it's achieved their own stamp of security. That won't happen overnight.
    04-01-14 08:04 AM
    To get Google Play services. And BlackBerry will introduce an Android model once it's achieved their own stamp of security. That won't happen overnight.
    Achieved stamp of security... Samsung has been at it for years with more money being invested and still failing. Lol there's no magice formula kid

04-01-14 08:54 AM
    Money received from real estate sales was not included in latest Q numbers

Developer of AutoCrop Scanner
    04-01-14 09:09 AM
    Achieved stamp of security... Samsung has been at it for years with more money being invested and still failing. Lol there's no magic formula kid
    Obviously not. That's why BlackBerry should purchase smaller companies that are already working on it, like Blackphone.
    04-01-14 10:05 AM
42 12