BlackBerry says that they want to become more of a software company. Well, they should do just that!

BlackBerry should develop apps for the enterprise space across all platforms and charge for them. Not just BES and BBM. I mean everything. BlackBerry should make all of their current apps available across all platforms and Blackberry should start developing new apps for all platforms- Brickbreaker included! DocsToGo, BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry Express, PrintToGo, etc. BlackBerry should use their BIS infrastructure to deliver secure content to all of the different mobile devices. BlackBerry should become one of the biggest enterprise software developers. BlackBerry needs to recapture their old customer base. What better way to get people to come back to BB then to go to them wherever they are!!

I suspect that once people realize that BB isn't a thing of the past they will start reconsidering buying BB branded phones.

EDIT: Accidentally hit "Post" before I was done with my post.
    Last edited by thewzard; 04-10-14 at 08:19 PM.
    04-10-14 07:48 PM
    But...but.... I love my Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 07:51 PM
    This is what happens when your phone slides out of your hand and you accidentally hit post...

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 07:51 PM
    Isn't that what they are doing by creating mobile management software that can handle iOS and Android?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 07:55 PM
    Isn't that what they are doing by creating mobile management software that can handle iOS and Android?

Posted via CB10
    Im not suggesting only BBM and BES. I'm saying they should be looking at going cross-platform with everything they have.
    04-10-14 08:21 PM
    We all know this cannot be implemented in a snap. It will take time. BlackBerry will rise again.

Posted via a RFG81UW device
    04-10-14 08:32 PM
    Or have developers support the damn platform..... netflix can start by bringing their app to BBW... why does BlackBerry need to remake all of this for themselves... including facebook app.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 08:35 PM
    BlackBerry should make all of their current apps available across all platforms and Blackberry should start developing new apps for all platforms- Brickbreaker included! DocsToGo, BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry Express, PrintToGo, etc.
    Just so you know, BB Travel is really WorldMate. BB has a deal with WorldMate to make a custom version of their app, which hooks into their services, and has the BB brand on it. BB doesn't actually own any of that, though.

They do own DocsToGo, BB Express, and PrintToGo, so those are options.

Hmm... WorldMate has re-done their website, and no longer has the BB Travel links, or any other references to BB. Here's a cached link:

WorldMate. BlackBerry Travel App. Itinerary Manager. Flight Status.
    04-10-14 08:42 PM
    Or have developers support the damn platform..... netflix can start by bringing their app to BBW... why does BlackBerry need to remake all of this for themselves... including facebook app.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Unfortunately, because Facebook didn't think it was worth their resources to do so. And I bet BlackBerry doesn't have the resources or want to focus on making apps for the ones that are lacking. Else they would have already.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 11:51 PM
    I'm not suggesting BlackBerry programs apps for Facebook or Twitter. BlackBerry Travel aside, it's time BlackBerry gets cracking on the software side. Become successful again at something...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 02:54 PM
    Op, it is not as easy as you thought. The market demand for consolidated platform need some reality check. Just look at the biggest of all business -gov. The cio got significant challenge to just consolidate data center, as an example. Check cio website and come back and tell me what you think. BlackBerry will do bes,as it stated, but every software? That is an monumental task.
    NEWS
    ANALYSIS
    BLOGS

Government CIOs Face Data Center Consolidation Challenges
    Federal CIOs face pressure to consolidate their agencies' data center infrastructure. Those challenges go beyond IT, and experts advise CIOs to develop strategic plans so that consolidation improves application delivery and supports priorities such as cloud computing and virtualization."

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:03 PM
    I understand that there are significant challenges. Business isn't meant to be easy or else everyone would do it.

To clarify, I'm not suggesting going into all software but definitely having a hand at custom software for the government or for big business, developing apps that BlackBerry already holds that can be in high demand (such DTG and PTG, Brickbreaker) for iPhone and Android, and developing new apps that could go viral.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:37 PM
    This really belongs in the "armchair CEO" forum
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-11-14 04:39 PM
    BlackBerry desperately needs to turn around the perception of the company. They need to become a company of desired offerings instead of trying to catch up on what they don't have available to offer.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:40 PM