I have a Blackberry Bold 9650 for Verizon. I have installed the latest OS software. I am unhappy with the layout of the new software. A friend of mine has the same phone with Sprint and I like the layout of Sprint's software much better. I was wondering if I could install the Sprint software onto my Verizon Blackberry and have it work just fine? Thanks
    08-29-11 10:40 AM
    I'm slightly unclear what you're asking, but if you're referring to the various vendor-approved OS, you can easily load the Sprint one on your Verizon 9650. Just delete the vendor.xml prior to doing so. Do a backup using desktop manager first just to be safe.

The latest OS is 6.0.0.600, and it's running fine for me while I wait (forever...) for Verizon to release the 9850.
    UKWildcatsfan09 likes this.
    08-29-11 10:46 AM
    Thank you for your quick response. I am really picky and slightly OCD about my cell phones. The main thing I don't like about the layout of the Verizon software is: the little bar above the apps where you can scroll from All, Favorites, Media, Most Used, etc. It feels cluttered to me. The Sprint software doesn't have that and I feel the apps are organized better and is simpler.
    08-29-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD