I'm a big google apps user. I use Gmail, drive, google plus, calendar, voice, etc. And Android has all those baked into their OS so seemlessly.

BlackBerry should do they same but only on a premium level. Think about it. Would you pay 5 bucks a month to have a '[email protected]'? And have all your docs, pics, video, and device settings save on bb's secure clould storage, where it can be retrieved from your bb devices or any browser? And have it all integrated with bbm and BlackBerry Fusion?

I don't see why BlackBerry can't compete with office 365 and google apps. Anyhow, it's just wishful thinking on my part but it is something that I wouldn't mind shelling out a few bucks a month for.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 12:11 AM
    I'm a big google apps user. I use Gmail, drive, google plus, calendar, voice, etc. And Android has all those baked into their OS so seemlessly.

BlackBerry should do they same but only on a premium level. Think about it. Would you pay 5 bucks a month to have a '[email protected]'? And have all your docs, pics, video, and device settings save on bb's secure clould storage, where it can be retrieved from your bb devices or any browser? And have it all integrated with bbm and BlackBerry Fusion?

I don't see why BlackBerry can't compete with office 365 and google apps. Anyhow, it's just wishful thinking on my part but it is something that I wouldn't mind shelling out a few bucks a month for.

Posted via CB10

To be honest, no.

Google already does that for free. I would LOVE for BBRY to offer services like that, but I honestly would be PISSED if they tried to charge me for it, especially because I can use Google services to meet those needs for free, and Google does those things well.
    06-12-13 12:34 AM
    The data centers required to offer that stuff reliably on a world wide scale, cost a huge amount for one thing. BlackBerry does not have that kind of capital.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-13-13 04:36 AM
    BlackBerry worked closely with Microsoft so Office365 does everything you need on both the old BBOS BlackBerry phones and the new OS10 phones and PlayBooks.

I am not sure if there is a google voice equivalent.

Microsoft's free equivalent is Outlook.com, though full integration with calendar requires an OS10 phone.
    06-13-13 10:34 AM
    It would be a nonstarter for the enterprise folks: most major organisations are leery of the cloud to begin with, and even with BlackBerry's deserved reputation for security there's a lot of organisations which have issues with their data being on someone else's servers. There's also a lot of regulatory hurdles that would entail as well.

The path BlackBerry has taken of opening their platform to Box, DropBox, etc is a much better way to go rather than trying to build the infrastructure themselves. All of that said though, I wouldn't be surprised to hear BlackBerry signing a deal with Box, or someone in the cloud game like that, to manage the connections to the servers. Think of the security one-up that could give a cloud provider!
    06-13-13 10:56 AM