After reading all debate going around Blackberry 10 and Android. I must say that Crackberry community has enough knowledgeable (experts) people to save Blackberry. All of you guys are come with different turnaround and option to not ditching BB10 in favor of Android. I wasn�t happy with BB10 in first place I (after upgrading to Z10) BUT after joining CB community I must say that I gain enough knowledge about BB & QNX. CB always answered my question and helped me to solve my problem, because of you guys I am still with BB10. Now that rumors are floating about BB going to Android I am very disappointed as a BB fan I am not against Android but we Crackberrien needs BB10 to survive we are more loyal to BB than investors (Prem).

If JC is reading this, please don�t listen to Prem listen to Crackberrien and save BB10.
    08-22-15 09:19 PM
    Yea, but unless you know a Crackberrian that knows business like Chen does, then there's not much you can get done.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    jas1978 likes this.
    08-22-15 10:10 PM
    Lol, we only know bits and pieces of what the execs at BlackBerry know, so I don't really think we would be very qualified.

However, I do think the people that run BlackBerry should be 'CrackBerrians'.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and gvs1341 like this.
    08-22-15 10:40 PM
    +2000000000

Delivered by my Z30
    08-23-15 06:30 AM
    A FanBBoy at BlackBerry's helm?

I'm not sure whether that would really help the company. Needs a balanced approach, and I'm not sure whether he or she could or would deliver... :-)

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    08-23-15 06:42 AM
    No it shouldn't. That's like when GM was run by sports car enthusiast.

What should be done is Blackberry simply listen to it's loyal peasants more often.
    08-23-15 06:54 AM
    OP, take your rant to Waterloo. Then come back here and give us your feedback.
    08-23-15 06:55 AM
    I believe you should know your market and produce products for those who have shown a history of buying them.

There's a big difference between looking to expand your customer base and abandoning your historical market. Growth is a combination of maintaining what you have, while acquiring more.

If you have a community banging at your door to purchase what you have to offer and you "choose " to ignore their request (make no mistake, what's happening is a choice) and pursue unknown consumers, your letting money walk away from your door.

It would seem this is becoming the practice at BlackBerry.

There's an old fable about "the Dog and his Bone", I question whether the "Powers That Be" at BlackBerry are familiar with it.

There's another saying "Leave with the guy who bought you". I'm not saying that BlackBerry has to do that. But at least know you have another ride to where your going, before you **** him off and find yourself stranded.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 08:12 AM
    I think that if using an Android OS will help to keep BlackBerry alive in the market, I'm okay with it. I use Apk files on my Z10 anyways.

However, I do think they need to find a way to incorporate the hub and maintain the awesome way BB10 handles tasks (Like YouTube still playing a video even when minimized to the background)... but we shall see!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    MarsupilamiX and jas1978 like this.
    08-23-15 08:29 AM
    Like someone else mention already, but it is worth mentioning again is that blackberry has more information then anyone on crackberry on device sells. Since Chen has taken over blackberry they have released the following devices: Passport, Classic, and Leap. Each of those releases gave Chen data on determining on the qualities that blackberry can sale for niche segments. I think the release of a Android device is Chen basically saying that BB10 devices by themselves is not enough to make the hardware division turn a profit by themselves and thus the release of android devices is a way to pump up devices sells and get the hardware division to turn a profit. I believe blackberry will keep developing BB10 and just will sell their devices with both operating systems as they are looking to provide phones for all their customers even those that want android devices.
    08-23-15 08:52 AM
    Not sure about BlackBerry, but I would love to see Google, Apple and Microsoft run by Crackberrians...
    08-23-15 09:00 AM
    Fans are blind and last ones they should listen to esp when your base is tiny compared to the rest. But hey, if they can survive with a tiny base go for it. Put fans in charge.
    08-23-15 09:08 AM
    CrackBerry posters are not of one mind. Some want only native apps. Some want a upgraded BBOS. Some think that BlackBerry should only build PKB phones. Some are in denial over the lack of quality of their phones. Some think that marketing would have helped the Passport become a success. CrackBerry posters have owned every BB10 device. Some posters will only buy BlackBerry phones for their children. Some posters have an irrational dislike of either iPhones or Android devices. Some posters do not think that BlackBerry needs an all touch flagship or that people should just carry a camera on trips. Several posters feel that the Curve is the perfect smart phone. Posters still harbour the hope that Chen can solve the app gap.

I am just as bad. My pet theory is that the square screen should be replaced by a 4:3 To create a much more usable PKB phone.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and RH1Pearl like this.
    08-23-15 09:35 AM
    I think that a company should always explore their options. See what's best for them to survive in the market.

Only thing that ticks me off is when a company is only changing to blatantly steal another fan base.

I don't mind if BlackBerry uses Android, it's open source and is on many devices.

I do mind companies like Samsung making their devices pretty much iPhone clones to market to the Apple crowd.

Using an open source OS and possibly integrating a few features is practical. Stealing whole designs (Antennae lines, aluminum back, non-removable battery, no SD card, curved glass, etc) that's a no no to me.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-23-15 09:37 AM
    and maintain the awesome way BB10 handles tasks (Like YouTube still playing a video even when minimized to the background)... but we shall see!
    As has been stated here many times, Android is fully capable of running apps in the background, and has been since 2.0 back in 2009. Google made a conscience decision to prevent their first-party YouTube apps (on every platform they support) from running in the background, because they don't want people to accidentally use all of their data or battery because they left it running. They could have easily coded the app to run in the background, and there are several third-party YouTube apps in the Play Store that do let you run YouTube in the background. So, please stop insinuating that this is some kind of limitation of Android - it's an intentional limitation of the first-party YouTube app.
    RH1Pearl and sanjayjp99 like this.
    08-23-15 01:54 PM
    As has been stated here many times, Android is fully capable of running apps in the background, and has been since 2.0 back in 2009. Google made a conscience decision to prevent their first-party YouTube apps (on every platform they support) from running in the background, because they don't want people to accidentally use all of their data or battery because they left it running. They could have easily coded the app to run in the background, and there are several third-party YouTube apps in the Play Store that do let you run YouTube in the background. So, please stop insinuating that this is some kind of limitation of Android - it's an intentional limitation of the first-party YouTube app.
    Troy knows all!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 02:02 PM
    After reading all debate going around Blackberry 10 and Android. I must say that Crackberry community has enough knowledgeable (experts) people to save Blackberry.
    kbz1960 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    08-23-15 04:16 PM
    Troy knows all!
    Not even remotely close, but Google themselves have stated what I wrote, and given their reasons why they chose to write their native YouTube app to behave the way it does. No need for others to pass around misinformation when the truth is widely known, and easily proven - there are many, many media apps that happily run in the background on Android.
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    08-23-15 07:31 PM
    I've been using my samsung dishwasher for the past 6 months. I'm ready to run the company
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    08-23-15 08:26 PM
    This thread might help you to understand..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11873645
    08-23-15 08:36 PM
    This thread might help you to understand..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11873645
    I read it.

Regardless how believable these theories may be, I doubt any of them would survive the legal tricks required not to fall afoul of Google's attack lawyers.

Besides, there's been video of Android running on a Passport (front page), so no sense whinging about what's going to happen.

Furthermore, sticking around here long enough tells me that we aren't fit to run a pie eating contest, let alone a major company.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 09:17 PM
    It's like everyone lives in a fairyland. No average Joe can run a company who has a few chances back at winning customers back.

You can't snap a finger and turn around BlackBerry.

08-23-15 11:05 PM
    It's like everyone lives in a fairyland. No average Joe can run a company who has a few chances back at winning customers back.

You can't snap a finger and turn around BlackBerry.

I'll let you know I'm the best coupon clipper in Wisconsin, I can totally run a billion dollar company.
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    08-23-15 11:06 PM
    I read it.

Regardless how believable these theories may be, I doubt any of them would survive the legal tricks required not to fall afoul of Google's attack lawyers.

Besides, there's been video of Android running on a Passport (front page), so no sense whinging about what's going to happen.

Furthermore, sticking around here long enough tells me that we aren't fit to run a pie eating contest, let alone a major company.

Posted via CB10
    Aussie expression:

"... not able to organise a p*ss-up in a brewery..." ;-)

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    08-23-15 11:57 PM
    I'll let you know I'm the best coupon clipper in Wisconsin, I can totally run a billion dollar company.
    If you can cut out the best deals, you're in!

Promote this guy!

08-24-15 07:54 AM