- plus - = +, that is the very first thing you see in high school

Posted via CB10
    A negative added to another negative just gets you further in the hole. Try getting your bank balance into negative numbers, then withdraw another $100 and I guarantee you won't end up in the black.

What you are thinking of is two negatives multiplied together, end up as positive.

In this scenario I am thinking the analogy is more like biology than math... as in, maybe you can get a turkey to mate with a dodo, but you still won't be hatching any eagles.
    TGR1, brookie229, MikeX74 and 4 others like this.
    11-07-16 06:00 PM
    Well let crackberry die then, this is a forum for discussing, I know perfectly than Amazon and BlackBerry doesn't fit that good, but I wanted to hear what people thinks about it

Posted via CB10
    Really? Because you've spent the entire thread defending why it is a good fit.
    11-07-16 06:00 PM
    If we all donate 100 bucks to BlackBerry weekly we can make BlackBerry 10 great again, otherwise is doomed to security (hopefully) updates or the axe at the end of the road

Posted via CB10
    I can think of 637182938573728193 better things to spend 100 bucks weekly on
    11-07-16 06:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    I... nevermind. Clearly not going to change your mind.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-07-16 06:10 PM
    Who made the Amazon phones?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 06:15 PM
    Mexico, maybe? Or, try the LG or Blu phones from amazon. Not made by them but highly subsidized if you don't mind some lock screen ads.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-07-16 06:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-07-16 07:01 PM
    TL;DR version right here... :-D

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    No, I don't think so? 😁
    11-07-16 08:38 PM
    And who ever ever does that?
    I only buy outright and no contract. If you have a contract, you're building the price of the phone (plus a bit of interest) in the contract anyway - there's no free lunch.
    11-07-16 10:31 PM
    I... nevermind. Clearly not going to change your mind.
    Clearly a Joke..... everyone is so serious here, even Chen is more funny

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 03:07 AM
    Google play was an issue but even worse was the ugly non-intuitive Fire OS. Also those gimmicky cameras were a waste. The phone would have flopped even with Google Play.

Also OP, what would Amazon get out of this deal? BBRY offers nothing at this point in time.
    11-08-16 04:42 AM
    I only buy outright and no contract. If you have a contract, you're building the price of the phone (plus a bit of interest) in the contract anyway - there's no free lunch.
    I wasn't alluding that nobody buys outright (I bought my last two outright). I was more so referring to buying outright from the carrier instead of from the manufacturer. In 2014 (when the phone in question was released), If you were with a carrier that required contracts, then buying off contract from the carrier would be more expensive because your monthly bill would still be the same whether your phone was paid off or not. That's since changed as carriers (caveat: I'm referring more to US/NA carriers) have dropped the practice of term length contracts.
    11-08-16 07:57 AM
    Did you know that Xiaomi also makes shoes?, a company Who makes interesting cheap phones also make shoes, did you know than Samsung started as a house electrodomestic company and to this Day they also makes very popular phones?, than Amazon and BlackBerry doesn't have nothing in common doesn't mean they aren't a bad couple, in fact if they even make what I said, you could be running to buy the ressult of this union,did you ever know than BlackBerry and samsung colaborated to make Samsung Knox more secure?, did you ever remotely know than Samsung, BlackBerry and IBM colaborated to make a Secusmart tablet?, Yeah BlackBerry has colaborated in Software with Sammy before

Posted via CB10
    All valid points, except Xiaomi's shoes don't compete with Xiaomi's phones, or anyone else's phones. Now would Nike want to take Xiaomi's shoes and say "Nike: created by Xiaomi"? I highly doubt it. (Also, I would argue Xiaomi has a better reputation than BB does right about now, but that's another story).

Blackberry collaborates with other companies: Ford, Samsung, maybe some others. But Amazon releasing an actual BB phone with their name on it? What value does this bring to Amazon? Is there a banking industry or government that would want to have their devices secured by Amazon?

It's a fun discussion to have, but I'm just not seeing it...
    11-08-16 01:02 PM
    I wasn't alluding that nobody buys outright (I bought my last two outright). I was more so referring to buying outright from the carrier instead of from the manufacturer. In 2014 (when the phone in question was released), If you were with a carrier that required contracts, then buying off contract from the carrier would be more expensive because your monthly bill would still be the same whether your phone was paid off or not. That's since changed as carriers (caveat: I'm referring more to US/NA carriers) have dropped the practice of term length contracts.
    Well, yes - post-paid customers would have been crazy to buy a phone outright, because until recently, you would effectively be paying for the phone twice, since repayment of the phone was built into the monthly service price whether or not you actually bought a new phone. People on post-paid accounts who kept their phones past their 2-year dates were straight-up milking their customers...
    11-08-16 04:44 PM
    Uh... no. The firephone was actually priced TOO high and was criticized for that. Plus, the lack of SD slot and no google store killed the phone. Only later was the price dropped to what you quoted but the damage was done.

You are quite simply wrong

The Fire phone was crazy low price, but the price point was one of the few good things about it.

Even with that low price point the phone failed because the experience was not the same calibre as its specs
    11-10-16 05:12 AM
    Well let crackberry die then, this is a forum for discussing, I know perfectly than Amazon and BlackBerry doesn't fit that good, but I wanted to hear what people thinks about it

Posted via CB10
    It's an awful idea.
    The amazon appstore is pretty much held with the same regard as the Blackberry 10 app store.
    Amazon Fire OS is all about pushing their users into the Amazon ecosystem.
    Blackberry is still held in regard in enterprise, that would soon change if they become an advertising tool for Amazon

Only idea worse then this is a Windows 10 Blackberry
    stlabrat likes this.
    11-10-16 05:17 AM
    Only idea worse then this is a Windows 10 Blackberry
    I actually think that's a better idea. Not a good idea mind you, but better. At least enterprise does run Windows already. Granted, still not going to happen, but compared to the amazon option...

What I could see happenning is MS buying up BB for the patents, and that's it. No new phones though.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 07:23 AM
    I actually think that's a better idea. Not a good idea mind you, but better. At least enterprise does run Windows already. Granted, still not going to happen, but compared to the amazon option...

What I could see happenning is MS buying up BB for the patents, and that's it. No new phones though.

Posted via CB10
    Microsoft Is Blackberry's biggest competitor, if they get their way then Blackberry will be finished as a company.
    So in terms of Blackberry survival, it's an awful idea
    Not to mention that the Windows Phone strategy is exactly the same as the BB10 strategy and will fail.
    11-10-16 07:58 AM
    You are quite simply wrong

The Fire phone was crazy low price, but the price point was one of the few good things about it.

Even with that low price point the phone failed because the experience was not the same calibre as its specs
    I'm not wrong. The fire phone, at release, was about $600 off contract. That's par for nowadays but not what people wanted at the time. Later, amazon dropped the price to $200 for unlocked phone plus a year free of amazon prime. THAT is crazy cheap, since prime was $100 usually, so you were essentially getting the firephone for $100. For its specs, a total steal. I bought my firephone at that time, only about 6 months after initial release.

At any rate, the phone still flopped, and amazon has adjusted its strategy to its current state with discounted BLU or moto G phones with lock screen ads. I don't think a BlackBerry phone would be a good fit for this model. However, I would love to see it work somehow as a low budget offering in a prepaid plan such as with tracfone. Still, I doubt the numbers would add up to profitability for BlackBerry, and it's a moot point now that BlackBerry is not making new phones.

stlabrat and bh7171 like this.
    11-10-16 09:03 AM
    At release, the phone was sold at a low range price. $199 USD for the 32GB model, and $299 USD for the 64GB model. In 2014 when it was released, I wouldn't call that flagship prices. And the specs were definitely not low-range specs at the time of release. Flagship prices were already $599 USD in 2014.

In fact, there was quite the ado in the media about the crazy low price for the specs it had. And Amazon took major criticism for basically selling the devices "at cost" instead of trying to make a buck or two out of hardware sales.

It was crazy low priced, had a lot of marketing, and still it didn't sell.
    Those were subsidized under contract prices. Off contact price was $649 for the 16gb and $749 for the 32gb version

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by GendelPrime; 11-10-16 at 09:24 AM.
    11-10-16 09:10 AM
    I'm not wrong. The fire phone, at release, was about $600 off contract. That's par for nowadays but not what people wanted at the time. Later, amazon dropped the price to $200 for unlocked phone plus a year free of amazon prime. THAT is crazy cheap, since prime was $100 usually, so you were essentially getting the firephone for $100. For its specs, a total steal. I bought my firephone at that time, only about 6 months after initial release.

At any rate, the phone still flopped, and amazon has adjusted its strategy to its current state with discounted BLU or moto G phones with lock screen ads. I don't think a BlackBerry phone would be a good fit for this model. However, I would love to see it work somehow as a low budget offering in a prepaid plan such as with tracfone. Still, I doubt the numbers would add up to profitability for BlackBerry, and it's a moot point now that BlackBerry is not making new phones.

Ok different markets
    It was dirt cheap where I was.

But the whole experience was designed to push people into the Amazon Prime ecosystem and that didnt sit well with most people I know.

Although, I think now that Amazon has the Echo and Alexa, a Fire phone would have been better off being released now
    11-14-16 10:54 AM
    Yup, the fire phone was designed to push people into the amazon ecosystem. Why was this bad? Doesn't apple do it with all their products?

Isn't google doing it right now? Look at all the praise the pixel is getting, even at its huge cost!

Look at LeEco, that Chinese company doing the same thing.

I think it breaks down to perception and marketing. That's why I ignore the media about most things and just make up my mind by myself. Heaven forbid that the media should lie to us.

11-14-16 05:06 PM
    Yup, the fire phone was designed to push people into the amazon ecosystem. Why was this bad? Doesn't apple do it with all their products?

Isn't google doing it right now? Look at all the praise the pixel is getting, even at its huge cost!

Look at LeEco, that Chinese company doing the same thing.

I think it breaks down to perception and marketing. That's why I ignore the media about most things and just make up my mind by myself. Heaven forbid that the media should lie to us.

Actually this, if We trust media a lot we Will undoublty end in buying No man's Sky and MGS5 Just because media gave them good review, Just like BlackBerry 10 on its launch, everyone blamed it, but it evolved in it is today, a very late evoultion but evolution

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 07:25 PM
    Amazon doesn't really need a phone or a tablet, there services work fine with other devices.
    True but have you used a Kindle Fire? I picked up a new version of the 8 inch 32 GB for 116 dollars a month ago. It's an excellent value and integrated if you are a Amazon Prime member.
    11-15-16 12:26 AM
    If we all donate 100 bucks to BlackBerry weekly we can make BlackBerry 10 great again, otherwise is doomed to security (hopefully) updates or the axe at the end of the road

Posted via CB10
    if you tell chen he can charge 5.00 per month for BB10, you will has his ear, both ears...
    11-15-16 08:07 AM
80 1234