Amazon and BlackBerry have gone to bed before, and considering than Fire OS was a heavy failure, why not join with someone with more exp in the field?, BlackBerry could make good things with Amazon, I could even see rebranded tablets if things go Ok (hello playbook?)

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 and PRGDR like this.
    11-06-16 06:49 AM
    Yeah, why not? They could use the advertising that would come with Amazon partnership too.
    11-06-16 07:15 AM
    Yeah, why not? They could use the advertising that would come with Amazon partnership too.
    Something like google is doing with the pixel, not that massive but everyone uses Amazon in the World, a massive campaign in unlocked version and no Carrier dependance, well they have to release on carriers if they want Cash but is a good beginning

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 07:48 AM
    Why would Amazon, a company with a strong brand throughout the world, partner with a company whose brand and reputation are toxic in almost every market? And why, if Amazon couldn't sell smartphones on its own, would they partner with a company in the same boat?
    11-06-16 07:57 AM
    Why would Amazon, a company with a strong brand throughout the world, partner with a company whose brand and reputation are toxic in almost every market? And why, if Amazon couldn't sell smartphones on its own, would they partner with a company in the same boat?
    It is one of those "other companies should help bb - even though there is no benefit in doing so" posts.
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-06-16 10:27 AM
    BlackBerry already has one irrelevant fork of Android with limited app support, integration with Amazon and a user base that can fit on a postage stamp.
    11-06-16 10:31 AM
    How? Amazing runs a forked version of Blackberry and their entire reasoning for having a phone in the first place was to tie it to their store with their 24 hour assistant and Amazon Prime services. In what way would this possibly work?
    11-06-16 10:34 AM
    I don't know I think they would have the same problem as they did on there own. No apps no access to play store

#luvmybb10os
    11-06-16 10:37 AM
    I don't know I think they would have the same problem as they did on there own. No apps no access to play store

#luvmybb10os
    But plenty of free marketing which Will help getting a lot of users and a lot of users Will translate in "Core" apps (instagram and company), which was the reason the developers didn't want to try with BlackBerry 10 in the first place or Am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:01 AM
    Lol, that would be super effective. Like Amazon launching the Fire Phone 2. Guaranteed to flop. Just get out of forking android and focus on core competencies.
    11-06-16 11:01 AM
    Amazon doesn't really need a phone or a tablet, there services work fine with other devices.
    11-06-16 11:09 AM
    Lol, that would be super effective. Like Amazon launching the Fire Phone 2. Guaranteed to flop. Just get out of forking android and focus on core competencies.
    Maybe BlackBerry Android take mixed with Amazon flavors with gifts included?, Pixel gives you free infinite cloud and 24/7 support, BlackBerry and Amazon can give infinite Amazon cloud, a free year of prime, a 100 gift card, mix that with BlackBerry monthly patch support, long time Major OS support (if they will give 10.3.3 to My 3G only Z10 we can assume the same with BlackBerry Android, unless they go arrogant like they were in BlackBerry OS days), a ton of free Ads (Amazon baby), and why go with the failed Amazon fork?, go with BlackBerry Android and add the Amazon Appstore like Samsung does with touchwiz and its Own store, and finally imagine all of those things I listed on a Mercury like device with good specs at a reasonable price?, it looks as a winner for me, and four you I believe

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:09 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry Android take mixed with Amazon flavors with gifts included?, Pixel gives you free infinite cloud and 24/7 support, BlackBerry and Amazon can give infinite Amazon cloud, a free year of prime, a 100 gift card, mix that with BlackBerry monthly patch support, long time Major OS support (if they will give 10.3.3 to My 3G only Z10 we can assume the same with BlackBerry Android, unless they go arrogant like they were in BlackBerry OS days), a ton of free Ads (Amazon baby), and why go with the failed Amazon fork?, go with BlackBerry Android and add the Amazon Appstore like Samsung does with touchwiz and its Own store, and finally imagine all of those things I listed on a Mercury like device with good specs at a reasonable price?, it looks as a winner for me, and four you I believe

Posted via CB10
    It looks like fantasy land to me, and for you I believe.
    11-06-16 11:13 AM
    Not sure what amazon, a company whose business revolves around gathering your preferences and selling you stuff, would have in common with BlackBerry, who claims to protect your privacy and secure your info.

A better fit for BlackBerry would be any company who wants to provide a secure, end-to-end solution for mobile communications. Maybe someone like Cisco, or IBM, or even a division of Samsung or something.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:14 AM
    It looks like fantasy land to me, and for you I believe.
    It looks like, but is totally possible, Amazon owns its cloud, Amazon itself with Prime, they can easily advertise a lot without spenting too much, heck Even semi-free price because they Own the site than millions visits every Day, BlackBerry and Amazon can divide the production costs to make the device cheaper, you know it is possible

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:16 AM
    But hey if it means more bb10 tabs then I am all for it.

#luvmybb10os
    11-06-16 11:51 AM
    But hey if it means more bb10 tabs then I am all for it.

#luvmybb10os
    If we all donate 100 bucks to BlackBerry weekly we can make BlackBerry 10 great again, otherwise is doomed to security (hopefully) updates or the axe at the end of the road

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:53 AM
    Not sure what amazon, a company whose business revolves around gathering your preferences and selling you stuff, would have in common with BlackBerry, who claims to protect your privacy and secure your info.

A better fit for BlackBerry would be any company who wants to provide a secure, end-to-end solution for mobile communications. Maybe someone like Cisco, or IBM, or even a division of Samsung or something.

Posted via CB10
    Did you know that Xiaomi also makes shoes?, a company Who makes interesting cheap phones also make shoes, did you know than Samsung started as a house electrodomestic company and to this Day they also makes very popular phones?, than Amazon and BlackBerry doesn't have nothing in common doesn't mean they aren't a bad couple, in fact if they even make what I said, you could be running to buy the ressult of this union,did you ever know than BlackBerry and samsung colaborated to make Samsung Knox more secure?, did you ever remotely know than Samsung, BlackBerry and IBM colaborated to make a Secusmart tablet?, Yeah BlackBerry has colaborated in Software with Sammy before

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 12:01 PM
    If we all donate 100 bucks to BlackBerry weekly we can make BlackBerry 10 great again, otherwise is doomed to security (hopefully) updates or the axe at the end of the road

Posted via CB10
    lol no it wont and its already in the security update path. Nothing is going to change that
    11-06-16 12:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just buy a New BB10 phone every couple weeks and that will help sales.
    11-06-16 01:06 PM
    It is one of those "other companies should help bb - even though there is no benefit in doing so" posts.
    Ah. One of those. They're becoming quite popular these days.
    Ronindan likes this.
    11-06-16 01:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    What will they do with $600 a week?
    11-06-16 01:30 PM
    What will they do with $600 a week?
    Lol
    11-06-16 02:16 PM
    BlackBerry already has one irrelevant fork of Android with limited app support, integration with Amazon and a user base that can fit on a postage stamp.
    Struggling to find sources for outside of the U.S., but as usual your declarations are gross exaggerations

Amazon’s Fire tablets achieved massive growth during the quarter. The company shipped 2.2 million devices in Q1 2016, up 5,422% YoY. The Fire tablet accounted for 5.7% of the market last quarter, up from 0.1% in Q1 2015. Amazon's success is due in large part to the relatively low cost of its products. The Fire tablet retails for $50, but has also been sold in bundles of 6 for as low as $250, or ~$40 a piece. Amazon is using the device to bring more customers into its retail ecosystem.

Amazon is gaining ground in the tablet market - Business Insider
    11-06-16 02:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    The major contributing factor to the failure of Amazon's Fire Phone was that they didn't have access to the Google Play Store. Amazon marketed the bejeebus out of it for the first year it was released, and still it couldn't gain any traction. Not to mention that they never successfully replaced Google Play Services liked they claimed to do (managed a few replacements, but couldn't nail them all). Sales were horrible.

You can't compare Samsung's store (which even most Samsung users forget even exists) with Amazon's attempt, because Samsung isn't trying to control which store is used. It's merely added as an afterthought. Amazon however doesn't want their device owners using another store. The Amazon Fire Phone's only purpose is to market Amazon's services. That's why they forked and stayed outside the AOSP and OHA requirements. And that isn't going to change anytime soon.

Then there's the point that Amazon doesn't manufacture devices. They order them from other manufacturers and put their brand on it. Amazon would have to split the branding benefits with Blackberry, which is a major hit right there. It's hard enough in the industry for OEM's to break past the big names already selling Android devices, and cutting any perceived benefits or revenue in half would be an exercise in futility. The only people who'd make any money would be the manufacturers who build the devices for them (because they get paid whether the devices sell or not).

And that's all before there's ever any consideration as to who exactly is licensing BBRY's proprietary patents/software. Amazon certainly isn't going to do it if they have to split with BB (and BBRY wants the revenue from licensing). The manufacturers aren't going to do it if they're not receiving the sole benefit of retail sales (which they wouldn't because Amazon is going to want a cut of retail sales, otherwise what's the point of putting their name on it).

The only option BBRY has in making any money from device sales (aside from manufacturing their own) is to license to a manufacturer/OEM and get a cut (licensing fee) of each device sale, giving both parties an opportunity to make money. And even that's a risk for manufacturers/OEMs if their not confident of huge sales. Adding a 3rd party simply makes it altogether infeasible, because in any scenario, one of the three will be getting the short end of the stick and would be foolish to jump into it.

To summarize... Amazon's goal is to increase revenue on their services, so they're not going to deviate from a proprietary store and services in favor of Googles store and services. Blackberry and Amazon would have to split the benefits and revenue in an industry where it's hard enough trying to generate revenue without splitting it.

[edit]Oh yeah... and there's no way in hell Amazon is going to foot the bill for all the advertising marketing. They're going to expect BBRY to pony up an even amount of cash as well.
    11-06-16 02:42 PM
80 123 ...