People purchased BlackBerry since they hate android . I don't think they will start loving android with priv release. If so, they should buy a new set.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Nothing wrong with giving existing users an option.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 01:25 PM
    Really? Check my post count and compare it to yours.

The fact of the matter is, until maybe a month ago I was confident in the future of BB10 and had no interest of giving it up. But now there's apps I need that even Windows Mobile has while I can't hack an Android version, and it seems that even Blackberry is planning to brush BB10 under the rug with the Playbook. I don't really like Android or iOS, but what I need is on them and not Blackberry. Upgrading to the Priv is an option, but I doubt I'll be able to afford it and I needed it starting last week (plus I still don't like Android that much). I can't wait for Blackberry to decide to launch mid range BBDroids or license the Experience Suite to other manufacturers.

As of yesterday I have made my decision and ordered a BLU Win HD LTE directly from Microsoft and will be using my backup Lumina 435 until it comes in. I purchased the cheap Lumina as a backup when I had my Z30 sent in to get the screen replaced, and it is a decent system and runs the apps I need.
    One of my grown kids broke there phone a few months before they were eligible for an upgrade and they bought on of those BLU phones off of Amazon a few months back. And were really impressed with it. It was less than the insurance deductible and seemed pretty solid. Has a newer GPU than my Z10....
    10-01-15 01:32 PM
    Lol Did you just tell me to check your post count? Because since you spend your days on CrackBerry that directly correlates to you being correct? I didn't even bother to read your response. Have a nice day. TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    Exactly! The OP should take the time to go to a BlackBerry Forum before they come on here acting like they know what's going on.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    What the hell do you mean about "directly correlates to you being correct"? I was responding to you stating that I should "spend more time on a Blackberry forum" despite be a lot more active than you on this forum (which, last I checked, is a Blackberry forum) and having been here for a few years longer than you. And if you actually bothered to read what I wrote, I said that I was pretty happy with Blackberry until about a month ago; after which I have started to get sick of the negativity and the app gap.

I won't ask you to re-read my posting history, but I've almost always had Blackberry phones since the Storm and only in the last two years or so considered Windows Phone to be a viable "Plan B" in the unlikely case I had no choice but to leave Blackberry.
    10-01-15 06:34 PM
    Before we get to infraction level lets everyone.....

Blackberry should provide a BBDroid upgrade path to existing customers, and it will help sell BB-lighten-up-francis_zps20c6bf2c.jpg
    bh7171 likes this.
    10-05-15 10:50 AM
    I dont see samsung doing any trade for a Device with BADA for another with Android.

If you buy a BB10 Device is because you like it, if you want a Device with Android buy the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    10-05-15 11:53 AM
    Who wants a dual core android phone? >.<
    I don't know. I don't want an Android phone. If I did I would have bought one already. I have an Samsung Tab Pro Android Tablet and the only thing I use it for is reading.(messaging blows compared to the Hub) I'll keep my BlackBerry's for my business needs and mobile communications thank you!

Z30 wickedness
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    10-05-15 01:12 PM
    I don't know. I don't want an Android phone. If I did I would have bought one already. I have an Samsung Tab Pro Android Tablet and the only thing I use it for is reading.(messaging blows compared to the Hub) I'll keep my BlackBerry's for my business needs and mobile communications thank you!

Z30 wickedness
    The Priv is going to have the hub.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 03:37 PM
    What the hell do you mean about "directly correlates to you being correct"? I was responding to you stating that I should "spend more time on a Blackberry forum" despite be a lot more active than you on this forum (which, last I checked, is a Blackberry forum) and having been here for a few years longer than you. And if you actually bothered to read what I wrote, I said that I was pretty happy with Blackberry until about a month ago; after which I have started to get sick of the negativity and the app gap.

I won't ask you to re-read my posting history, but I've almost always had Blackberry phones since the Storm and only in the last two years or so considered Windows Phone to be a viable "Plan B" in the unlikely case I had no choice but to leave Blackberry.
    The only issue I have with people complaining about the lack of apps BlackBerry World carries is that it has the necessary apps to use your BlackBerry effectively. If you want more apps to allow you to have fun on your phone, get an iPhone. It's simple. My BlackBerry is my primary phone, but if I ever need anything the BlackBerry World doesn't carry, I use my iPhone. I never get on here and complain. It's pointless. I knew what I was getting myself into before I purchased my phone.

10-05-15 06:07 PM
    The only issue I have with people complaining about the lack of apps BlackBerry World carries is that it has the necessary apps to use your BlackBerry effectively. If you want more apps to allow you to have fun on your phone, get an iPhone. It's simple. My BlackBerry is my primary phone, but if I ever need anything the BlackBerry World doesn't carry, I use my iPhone. I never get on here and complain. It's pointless. I knew what I was getting myself into before I purchased my phone.

That is great but folks that think like you are too few to support a special OS phone.

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    10-05-15 07:41 PM
    Or least ppl with passports and classics get a discount if traded in for the Priv? ... Maybe?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 07:43 PM
    Or least ppl with passports and classics get a discount if traded in for the Priv? ... Maybe?

Posted via CB10
    Very unlikely. But it would be nice... :-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-05-15 07:54 PM
    Blackberry should provide a BBDroid upgrade path to existing customers, and it will help sell BB-bb8-droid.jpg

BB Droid? This was my first thought
    10-06-15 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Doubt it, they will want as much profit margin as possible and they will likely be liquidating a lot of the existing BB10 devices and peripherals anyways fairly soon.
    10-06-15 03:15 PM
    Hi grahamf. I'm on the fence buying a dtek60. Have you had any experience handling it? I want bb10 OS to flourish but it seems like it's going to go away soon. Honestly, if BB will go with DroidBerry, they should have done better with their flagship since they already have a budget (dtek50) and a mid-tier phone (mercury). Some things I want to see in the future: 1. no camera bumps; 2. better camera software; 3. fast charger in box; 4. Z10 shape but with smaller bezels; 5. commercials; 6. worldwide availability.... what do you think?
    02-06-17 10:40 PM
89 ... 234