And still nothing other then minor tweaks

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Business/money wise he's good at. Updating the OS/apps not so much

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 09-26-14 at 10:51 AM.
    09-26-14 07:54 AM
    Business/money wise he's good at. Updating the OS/apps not so much

Posted via CB10
    Which is a shame as I expected the separation of bbm and blackberry to be a catalyst for bbm to push forward. Instead it's kind of stagnating. Which is a shame as I really want people to use it but they want a reason to use it

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-27-14 03:49 AM
    Bbm channels always seems misguided to me. I could never figure out what role it was supposed to be filling. They should be focusing on bring video chat to all platforms. Dump bbm channels as a failed experiment.

Posted via CB10
    I tend to agree with this.
    I can't help but feel that time/energy/resources should have been put into making BBM less buggy for iOS (and the other platforms), getting video working for them, etc. Stickers is a fine idea, easy to implement, clearly popular in some areas. BBM needs other kinds of work too; it needs a better group chat ability similar to Google Hangouts. I feel like turning BBM into some kind of 'more secure Facebook' was a strange (though ambitious) idea from the start.

Posted via CB10
    mornhavon likes this.
    09-27-14 04:58 AM
    1. Money
    2. At least $1 billion.
    BBM is actually worth way more than 1bill if John Chen hits his benchmark. He said he plans on making 0 to 100mil in revenue from BBM alone next year. If he does that then BBM if it were a standalone company would be selling itself for just 10 X annual earnings. Which is actually ridiculously cheap considering potential for growth. And adding that that's going from 0 to 100mil in just a year. If you do a little research on BBRY there's a lot if things you'd find our about the things they own and John Chen's vision for the company. What he is doing is right and it's hard to see the bug picture if all you do is see things from a consumer standpoint and not a business standpoint.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:47 AM
    Seems I am more patient than most.

Z30 144GB
    09-29-14 03:48 AM
    Thanks to everyone who contributed an intelligent contribution to this discussion.
    09-30-14 09:00 PM
    We've waited long enough.
    You have a point....im expecting a absolutely huge update soon. it took them like 4 months o go from version 1 to 2, and now BBM hasn't had a major update in nearly 8 months with no word word on when the next major update is coming. Many missing features, Channels is still in beta IMO...I hope things change soon

Posted via CB10
    Coffee Shampoo likes this.
    09-30-14 10:06 PM
    I would be more patient if it were made clear why the updates are not happening. There have been cross-platform video chat apps for a long time. What the devil is the hold up?!

As for channels, there really is good content there. But so much of the good stuff is pictures, and the lack of landscape support cripples the experience. This sort of thing absolutely kills me. Code the blo*dy app!

Gawd, I feel like some good community coders could have had some of these shortcomings taken care of by now.

BlackBerry has to do the bare minimum or it has no one to blame but itself. This lack of performance and progress is baffling to me.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-30-14 10:53 PM
83 ... 234