No ecosystem. People will expect it for a premium price.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-13-16 12:24 PM
    You'd have to find a way to compete with Apple and Samsung's top end models to the point where owning this new top tier BB device would have some sort of allure to the consumer. If you're going to target a specific demographic like that (affluent), you've got to make them feel like there's incentive to switch. I'm not sure concierge type services would be enough.
    TGR1 likes this.
    06-13-16 12:29 PM
    That's because she doesn't like BlackBerry 10 phones which would be problematic.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I still don't get how someone uses a 9900 when the Classic is pretty much the same thing, only more modern. Did people really think they'd keep OS7 around forever?
    06-13-16 05:51 PM
    Yeah, I still don't get how someone uses a 9900 when the Classic is pretty much the same thing, only more modern. Did people really think they'd keep OS7 around forever?
    I know a few people still using dumb phones People have different needs, and for some what BIS and the 9900 have to offer... meets those needs.

Then too I think you have some... that just aren't able to adapt to change very easily. Think it would be very telling to see a demographic on those using a BBOS device....
    06-14-16 07:56 AM
    Nice thought, but ultra premium is a very, very narrow market. Miniscule. It has its own few players, and attempting to butt in on their action is going to be like taking a juicy T-bone away from a very hungry Rottweiler. If it hasn't come to anyone's attention yet, what keeps you able to sell high end phones is having low and middle level devices by the ton, a very specific clientele, or having iPhone attached to your name.
    06-14-16 08:26 AM
    So I just read this:
    Kim Kardashian might have to give up her BlackBerry Bold | CrackBerry.com

And thought, why don't BB start targeting the ultra rich as part of their new strategy?

Use Kim K, who we all know loves her BB, to push BB, but not just any BB, rather a renewed line of BB Z30, BB Priv, BB Classic and BB Passport styled devices built with leather, high quality metal, vulcanised rubber and sapphire glass displays. Much like how Seal was a Vertu brand ambassador, have Kim K as the 'BB Premium' brand ambassador, selling the build quality and security of these high end BBs to your ultra rich.

BB can then build more watered down versions of those devices under another name, sold to general public, and have them and other smartphone owners (Apple, Samsung, LG etc... Owners) aspiring to own those top ultra premium BB Premium devices.

Going for mid to low end is a race to the bottom, why not fill that gap between what Vertu do and what Apple & Samsung do, and make BBs devices that people aspire to own?

Make use of BB10 OS or Android, create services for BB Premium like concierge services and then offer watered down versions of that service on the normal BBs with the possibility for the top end normal BBs to be able to subscribe to the 'BB Premium Conierge Service' at a set monthly or yearly fee, give them a taste of what they can get if they get a 'BB Premium' device.

I think BB have to swim against the mid to low end tide, create devices that are aspirational, much like how your BMW and Mercs began with luxury sedans and sports cars and then in later years got into the hot hatch segment with a premium hot hatch like the 135i.
    Because everyone wants to be a Kardashian. Jesus! The things I read on CB are truly scary sometimes
    06-14-16 11:27 AM
    Because everyone wants to be a Kardashian. Jesus! The things I read on CB are truly scary sometimes
    Relax, it was just an idea. Yes, because every Vertu users wants to be Seal, lol. Throw me into ignore list!
    anon(9878325) likes this.
    06-14-16 11:54 AM
    That's exactly what I was talking about! How many phones does Vertu sell a year? and they are ugly bricks, covered by handcrafted (some guy's) leather, blessed by the Googles ****.
    You may think the phones are ugly but the point is that they are encrusted with precious metals and gems. That's all developing world business moguls care about. Also, they may look better to people from other cultures, as well.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-14-16 03:52 PM
    What a silly thought. Should BB go ultra premium? No, that doesn't help anyone. What is the cost to develop it? Will a significant amount of people buy the phone to recoup your costs? Will developers want to come back to your platform just to write something for ultra premium buyers? Nope. Bottom line, it'd be a waste of time and no one would care. Those are the facts.
    06-15-16 12:34 PM
    What a silly thought. Should BB go ultra premium? No, that doesn't help anyone. What is the cost to develop it? Will a significant amount of people buy the phone to recoup your costs? Will developers want to come back to your platform just to write something for ultra premium buyers? Nope. Bottom line, it'd be a waste of time and no one would care. Those are the facts.
    They are probably better off holding on to those diamonds and wait for increase in value... ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-15-16 03:15 PM
    they can't build an ultra premium device with different specs. It would cost a fortune to test those specs for a handful of sales
    06-15-16 03:26 PM
36 12