Who else thinks BlackBerry should do like Google or Microsoft and get its own email servers?

I think we should have the option of having an email adress like @blackberry.com, where users could send/receive emails as well as sync/add contacts, just like what Google and Microsoft do.

Please let me know what you think, and feel free to give other suggestions as to how BlackBerry can make their services more competitive.
    07-29-13 11:44 AM
    They did have these prior, BIS email was an @blackberry.com email address. That has been discontinued.
    07-29-13 11:46 AM
    I think BlackBerry should do that and also make it cross platform...This will add to their eco-system...who knows they could be the outlook of mobile world and be a leader in Web 2.0

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 11:49 AM
    Some people are saying that the email is dead and something like BBM is a better tool.
    07-29-13 11:57 AM
    They did have these prior, BIS email was an @blackberry.com email address. That has been discontinued.
    AFAIK, there still are the @[carrier].blackberry.net email addresses. Though those are next to worthless -- basically just text messages in the form of email.
    07-29-13 12:21 PM
    Who else thinks BlackBerry should do like Google or Microsoft and get its own email servers?

I think we should have the option of having an email adress like @blackberry.com, where users could send/receive emails as well as sync/add contacts, just like what Google and Microsoft do.

Please let me know what you think, and feel free to give other suggestions as to how BlackBerry can make their services more competitive.
    I mean this wouldn't be a bad thing to have. Apple also has it with me.com/icloud.com email addresses. But I'm not sure what this would bring to help the mobile platform but not a bad thing to have.
    07-29-13 12:31 PM
    AFAIK, there still are the @[carrier].blackberry.net email addresses. Though those are next to worthless -- basically just text messages in the form of email.
    I hated those because it wasn't even a mailbox you could access. Just a login to change pins and such. It used to be a pain in the **** to switch blackberry devices and then have to find your BIS login to switch over the old address to the new address or the person that had your old phone would get your email. I mean come on man.
    07-29-13 12:33 PM
    I'm suggesting this because if BlackBerry eventually decides to stop hardware-making, they should at least have something that rivals with Google.

That's why they should create their own email "thing" like Gmail and Outlook, where any user can create an account and do what one does with Gmail: email, contacts...

That would be far more practical for users, as they wouldn't need their devices to send emails and look at/add/edit contacts.
    07-29-13 01:10 PM
    Some people are saying that the email is dead and something like BBM is a better tool.
    they can't be dead, because otherwise you can't make a facebook or twitter account

Please follow me on Twitter @ThePatriotsWay
    07-29-13 01:14 PM
    A datacenter big enough to compete with Gmail or Outlook would cost $600M-1B. How would such a service make money for BB? Selling ads? And what do you think investors would think of BB burning that much money on something that would take a minimum of a year to build, and then would rely on outstanding execution of software in order to gain any significant amount of users?
    07-29-13 02:01 PM