This has probably already been posted somewhere, but anyways:

I think BlackBerry should produce a phone with impeccable specs (not just on par with others, but something along the lines of Samsung's phones). Especially now, every minor "disadvantage" BlackBerry phones have (average camera for example) gets magnified by critics and makes the phone a no-sell.

By coming up with impressive specs (at least 3000 MaH battery, at least 400ppi screens and at least a 16 MP camera), critics will have one less thing to complain about in my opinion. Software is something that can always be updated to quiet critics. Hardware, on the other, well, if people aren't even slightly impressed, they won't buy the phone.

I know specs aren't everything, but unfortunately, most people out there are just not satisfied with an 8MP camera for example.

So what do you think would happen if BlackBerry phones had top specs? Would it encourage people to actually consider the phones? Any thoughts are welcome.
    (Sorry for bringing this topic up again. I just read some rumoured specs about new flagship phones and that got me thinking).
    06-11-14 04:23 PM
    Right. BlackBerry should design and release a 20-inch smartphone with a 1 Gigawatt battery in the form of a cold fusion nuclear reactor. < /sarcasm overload...system shutting down...reboot impossible from current state...kernel panic >
    ATMJOE, acovey and bbnrs like this.
    06-11-14 04:56 PM
    There are several threads on this. Search for "Z50" or "Ontario" or "Manitoba" and you'll find many.
    Here's one example:

http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...device-934561/

Most rumours are for a 5.2" touchscreen with a screen res of either 1080x1920 or 1440x2560, 3GB RAM, quad-core processor (some octa-core rumours out there too), back camera ~12MP, battery ~3000mAh, and a few other features that I'm not recalling off top of my head.
    ATMJOE likes this.
    06-11-14 05:00 PM
    The hardware specs will probably still be lackluster compared to the competition, while they will try to have a MSRP of $600.

Posted via CB10
    HasKam likes this.
    06-11-14 05:41 PM
    I don't know what you mean. The Q30's specs are pretty amazing. It has:

A quad-core Snapdragon 800 (which is still a very top of the line processor. The 801 is hardly better.)

3GB of RAM (which most Android's don't even have).

A large battery that should last pretty long. Let's hope it's removable.

13MP camera, which is more than good for phone shots.

These specs are amazing no matter what.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    06-11-14 06:09 PM
    Manitobaaaa

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    06-11-14 06:13 PM
    Right. BlackBerry should design and release a 20-inch smartphone with a 1 Gigawatt battery in the form of a cold fusion nuclear reactor. < /sarcasm overload...system shutting down...reboot impossible from current state...kernel panic >
    The phone will need another 210 megawatts for people to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    VJgamer likes this.
    06-11-14 06:15 PM
    Thanks guys. I had actually read about some of those rumoured/upcoming phones. My only concern is that when they release the phones, the specs will no longer be top-notch like they are now.
    However, if the Z50 is ever released with at least those specs, I already know which phone I'll be going after.
    06-11-14 08:24 PM
    With Foxconn making their phones now BlackBerry is in a much better position to compete in the spec race without breaking the bank.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    06-11-14 08:46 PM
    I really want them to make something like the Oppo N1!
    5.9" screen and a rotatable 13mp camera.
    It'd be amazing
    06-11-14 09:05 PM
    With Foxconn making their phones now BlackBerry is in a much better position to compete in the spec race without breaking the bank.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    That's what I was thinking as well. All they really have to do is order.
    06-11-14 09:28 PM
    I don't care. I just want a new BlackBerry.

.10.3.0.296+ .442. (~_*)
    faithfuluser, Elite1 and DJM626 like this.
    06-11-14 09:33 PM
    I wished for a BlackBerry supperphone as well!!

Posted via CB10
    faithfuluser likes this.
    06-11-14 09:48 PM
    The upcoming BlackBerry Q30 is 3GB RAM 13MP 453ppi 1440x1440 LCD Display. 3450mAH non removable battery. Although it has a 29 key touch sensitive keyboard.

This seems like the device for you.

Unless you wait for the qHD All touch Flagship. Same specs but with a 2560x1440 display. Or the 1080p iteration.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 06-11-14 at 10:45 PM.
    faithfuluser likes this.
    06-11-14 10:34 PM
    06-11-14 10:55 PM
    The upcoming BlackBerry Q30 is 3GB RAM 13MP 453ppi 1440x1440 LCD Display. 3450mAH non removable battery. Although it has a 29 key touch sensitive keyboard.

This seems like the device for you.

Unless you wait for the qHD All touch Flagship. Same specs but with a 2560x1440 display. Or the 1080p iteration.

Posted via CB10
    Where has it been said they're making a qhd?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 10:55 PM
    I also feel that the specs should be another reason for me to buy a BB10 phone. Once again, if the rumours are true, I'll get myself a new phone without hesitation.
    06-11-14 11:00 PM
    This will do nothing for blackberry right now. Monster specs are just that if the software sucks its just another flagship gone wrong. Blackberry can't get what they lost back due to one product or one device. It will be numerous things all done well over time and a little luck to even return to profitability. Just ask HTC who just lost 65 million dollars even though they currently have the mega spec phone.frankly these pipe dream ideas are just that. Stop thinking this can or will happen. It won't so let's hope they can return to making a profit and they keep improving the software. That's really the best we can hope for.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-12-14 01:22 AM
    This will do nothing for blackberry right now. Monster specs are just that if the software sucks its just another flagship gone wrong. Blackberry can't get what they lost back due to one product or one device. It will be numerous things all done well over time and a little luck to even return to profitability. Just ask HTC who just lost 65 million dollars even though they currently have the mega spec phone.frankly these pipe dream ideas are just that. Stop thinking this can or will happen. It won't so let's hope they can return to making a profit and they keep improving the software. That's really the best we can hope for.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    That's true, but you have to admit good specs will help a bit.
    06-12-14 07:52 AM
    That's true, but you have to admit good specs will help a bit.
    Nope. You spend a lot of money and time developing this high spec phone while your core customer is looking for a basic smartphone with a keyboard at a fleet price.
    06-12-14 08:13 AM
    Massive specs to run all those great apps that don't exist? Or are those massive specs needed to run all the Android powered apps? It's got a quad-core 2.7Ghz processor to run all those superb BlackBerry App Generator apps. BlackBerry needs a lot more than just specs sadly, though specs would help -- slightly.
    06-12-14 08:26 AM
    Nope. You spend a lot of money and time developing this high spec phone while your core customer is looking for a basic smartphone with a keyboard at a fleet price.
    Agree, the "spec wars" are a consumer war, and while most of us would love a high end device - if the price was right. Most carriers aren't going to care about some high speced BlackBerry, let alone consumers in general. Only if it has something "different" will the specification make any difference at this point.

Let's face it business that are still using three year old Curves aren't all that worried about having the most expensive devices. IF BES12 is all they have been waiting for, the Q10 and Z10 would fit their needs just fine.
    06-12-14 08:31 AM
    This has probably already been posted somewhere, but anyways:

I think BlackBerry should produce a phone with impeccable specs (not just on par with others, but something along the lines of Samsung's phones). Especially now, every minor "disadvantage" BlackBerry phones have (average camera for example) gets magnified by critics and makes the phone a no-sell.

By coming up with impressive specs (at least 3000 MaH battery, at least 400ppi screens and at least a 16 MP camera), critics will have one less thing to complain about in my opinion. Software is something that can always be updated to quiet critics. Hardware, on the other, well, if people aren't even slightly impressed, they won't buy the phone.

I know specs aren't everything, but unfortunately, most people out there are just not satisfied with an 8MP camera for example.

So what do you think would happen if BlackBerry phones had top specs? Would it encourage people to actually consider the phones? Any thoughts are welcome.
    (Sorry for bringing this topic up again. I just read some rumoured specs about new flagship phones and that got me thinking).
    HTC One failed partly due to 4 MP camera. M8 sales are lagging as well because for some unknown reason HTC decided to stick with 4 MP. So yeah, hardware can influence sales. In HTC's case, the camera resolution outweighed the highly praised build quality of the HTC One.
    faithfuluser likes this.
    06-12-14 08:59 AM
    I may be one of the few that looks at hardware first. I seriously considered the Z30 when it came out but the dim screen (273 nits I think) and camera were the deal breakers. I love the premium feel of the Z30 and the 5" size but was not enough to sway me.
    06-12-14 09:03 AM
    Massive specs to run all those great apps that don't exist? Or are those massive specs needed to run all the Android powered apps? It's got a quad-core 2.7Ghz processor to run all those superb BlackBerry App Generator apps. BlackBerry needs a lot more than just specs sadly, though specs would help -- slightly.
    Bla1ze: the voice of reason...
    06-12-14 09:08 AM
47 12