Is this thread about a catchy company slogan, or the seemingly addiction of some people have in using BlackBerry devices?
    03-21-14 11:00 PM
    How about "Blackberry, apply directly to the forehead"
    03-21-14 11:06 PM
    Is this thread about a catchy company slogan, or the seemingly addiction of some people have in using BlackBerry devices?
    The thread is under "General BlackBerry Discussion" because it's intended to be an open discussion relating to "the seemingly addiction of some people have in using BlackBerry devices" as you have coined it in your words.
    I may have, subconsciously, pondered if BlackBerry was effectively messaging the end "consumers " user experience.
    So feel free to chime in if you want to.

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-21-14 11:28 PM
    it's intended to be an open discussion relating to "the seemingly addiction of some people have in using BlackBerry devices" as you have coined it in your words.
    Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure.
    Maybe you could PM a MOD to modify the title for clarity.

As for your intent of the thread regarding the addiction, I can only say that I feel like I'm addicted at times.
    But I believe some users on other platforms are just as bad.

I like to watch the comedic videos where people walk into pools or ditches when being too engrossed in their phones.
    I think it's probably more prevalent on other platforms just for the sheer ratio of those users against BlackBerry users.
    I'm pretty positive out of 10 videos, probably only one person is using a BlackBerry.
    03-21-14 11:38 PM
    Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure.
    Maybe you could PM a MOD to modify the title for clarity.

As for your intent of the thread regarding the addiction, I can only say that I feel like I'm addicted at times.
    But I believe some users on other platforms are just as bad.

I like to watch the comedic videos where people walk into pools or ditches when being too engrossed in their phones.
    I think it's probably more prevalent on other platforms just for the sheer ratio of those users against BlackBerry users.
    I'm pretty positive out of 10 videos, probably only one person is using a BlackBerry.
    Yes I will agree that the prevalence would be a lot more on other platforms just for the sheer ratio of those users. However I think that based on proportionality per platform, the findings maybe completely different. In other words maybe 700 of 1000 users on other platforms are addicted compared to 85 of 100 blackberry users. Please note that my figures are random and not scientific.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 08:30 AM
    Interesting thread. I like the slogan but am confused. What is it that is being constantly discovered on BB10? Once you know the phone you pretty much know it. Sounds more like an Android slogan as there are a billion different ways to customize the phone and learn new ways to do things with it. I'm not knocking BB10 but it's really not customizable at all. Once you know it, you know it.

And as far as being on them all the time I'd say that's more to the person than to the phone. You can go into any restaurant, store, mall, etc anywhere and people will be glued to their phones and most of them won't be using a Blackberry. I don't think it has anything to do with what phone it is because in the end they can all do the same things. I guess my point is, what would a BB10 user be doing that someone on another phone wouldn't or couldn't be doing?
    03-22-14 08:56 AM
    Interesting thread. I like the slogan but am confused. What is it that is being constantly discovered on BB10? Once you know the phone you pretty much know it. Sounds more like an Android slogan as there are a billion different ways to customize the phone and learn new ways to do things with it. I'm not knocking BB10 but it's really not customizable at all. Once you know it, you know it.

And as far as being on them all the time I'd say that's more to the person than to the phone. You can go into any restaurant, store, mall, etc anywhere and people will be glued to their phones and most of them won't be using a Blackberry. I don't think it has anything to do with what phone it is because in the end they can all do the same things. I guess my point is, what would a BB10 user be doing that someone on another phone wouldn't or couldn't be doing?
    I agree with all of the above. I recall a time when I was a manager back in 2005 and my blackberry was an extension of my office 24/7. I think that culture of being a slave to your portable office
    is not as true as it once was.

This whole Blackberry balance dual phone should have been more popular than it is with business users on BES. It is those dictator IT managers again !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-22-14 10:16 AM
    I agree with all of the above. I recall a time when I was a manager back in 2005 and my blackberry was an extension of my office 24/7. I think that culture of being a slave to your portable office
    is not as true as it once was.

This whole Blackberry balance dual phone should have been more popular than it is with business users on BES. It is those dictator IT managers again !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    " ..those dictator IT managers again". Why would you call IT managers that?

Digressing a little bit; speaking of the BlackBerry Balance (I might sound like a broken record) it's my gut feeling if BBRY would only simplify/modify this feature and monetize it to the general consumer, BBRY might have a winner.
    03-22-14 11:17 AM
    I think its kind of ridiculous to recycle the slogan of the province that BBRY is headquartered in. It not only is probably trademarked but just plain makes BBRY look like they ran out of ideas.
    03-22-14 11:25 AM
    How about "Blackberry, apply directly to the forehead"
    HEAD ON!
    propeller10 likes this.
    03-22-14 11:46 AM
    I think its kind of ridiculous to recycle the slogan of the province that BBRY is headquartered in. It not only is probably trademarked but just plain makes BBRY look like they ran out of ideas.
    Ran out of ideas? Companies copy ideas all the time, but just put some twist to it and hopefully make it better. What's Samsung and Apple's fight all about, eh? I believe some on this thread suggested a slogan like "Rediscover BlackBerry" and IMHO I think that slogan might be more effective than "Keep moving".
    Finally, no one would be foolish to copy something outright without having their legal department do a thorough search whether there might be any trademark or copyrights infringements.
    03-22-14 12:01 PM
    Ran out of ideas? Companies copy ideas all the time, but just put some twist to it and hopefully make it better. What's Samsung and Apple's fight all about, eh? I believe some on this thread suggested a slogan like "Rediscover BlackBerry" and IMHO I think that slogan might be more effective than "Keep moving".
    Finally, no one would be foolish to copy something outright without having their legal department do a thorough search whether there might be any trademark or copyrights infringements.
    "Blackberry, rediscover Blackberry".
    The repetition of the company name makes it sound terrible(imagine a radio voice saying it). Plus it is never a good idea to include the company name in a slogan.
    03-22-14 12:26 PM
    "Blackberry, rediscover Blackberry".
    The repetition of the company name makes it sound terrible(imagine a radio voice saying it). Plus it is never a good idea to include the company name in a slogan.
    My goodness !!! Where did you see "BlackBerry rediscover BlackBerry "?
    It's NOT same as "Rediscover BlackBerry ".

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 12:42 PM
    My goodness !!! Where did you see "BlackBerry rediscover BlackBerry "?
    It's NOT same as "Rediscover BlackBerry ".

Posted via CB10
    well, in tv commercials the brand name is followed by the slogan (usually). I was talking about that specific scenario. But in any case, slogans should not include the company name.
    03-22-14 01:04 PM
    Like the slogan on Ontario's license plate? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:12 PM
40 12