New Priv (Android variation by Blackberry)

New Leap (aluminum body) (Android variation by Blackberry) for market global. (production in partnership with Foxconn, and Amazon Service included)

Variation - New Priv Edition Premium (Blackberry OS 10.5) For interprise and governments. > sold by online order. (sale in official stores)

Variation - Passport Edition Premium (Blackberry OS 10.5) For interprise and governments > sold by online order. (sale in official stores)

-Blackberry OS 10.5-
    *Renovated UI, and icon, camera, battery optimization, Here maps (pattern), music player multi service (Amazon, Spotfy, Pandora, Deeze +)

*Best mechanism for applications "runtime" Android.

toast
    Blackberry QNX for PC.

Android app compatible.

Blackberry Protection.

Blackberry Service.

Amazon Service.

Built by: HP, Dell and Asus...in partnership with Intel.
    Last edited by rapres; 06-28-16 at 11:28 AM.
    06-24-16 10:37 AM
    BB10 is finished... you aren't going to see a BB10.4, muchless a 10.5.

Personally I like the idea of PRIV, ROME and HAMBURG form factors all being in the lineup. While the Passport is an interesting design and has won awards and praise from many.... I doubt it has sold very well, in the terms of numbers.

For now I think Chen needs to see if there is in fact some sort of fleet business that they can maintain sales with. If that happens, then possible they will look again one day at devices that may appeal more to consumers or to those at the executive levels.
    06-24-16 11:03 AM
    I hope their next PKB phone does well. It's a higher risk than a rebadged slab. If BlackBerry is no longer making their own hardware, it will be harder and harder to find an OEM to take shared risks on proprietary hardware when the last device flopped.

I like the fixed keyboard of my Passport and would take that over a slider personally. I think all touch and fixed PKB are the only form factors BlackBerry needs to offer.

But forget about BB10. It's going nowhere. Even though I prefer it to android, there's no room left for a 3rd OS. Without 3rd party software there's no chance for it to become relevant.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    Bbnivende and app_Developer like this.
    06-24-16 02:12 PM
    BB10 is finished... you aren't going to see a BB10.4, muchless a 10.5.

Personally I like the idea of PRIV, ROME and HAMBURG form factors all being in the lineup. While the Passport is an interesting design and has won awards and praise from many.... I doubt it has sold very well, in the terms of numbers.

For now I think Chen needs to see if there is in fact some sort of fleet business that they can maintain sales with. If that happens, then possible they will look again one day at devices that may appeal more to consumers or to those at the executive levels.
    BB10 is dead? Are you sure?

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    06-24-16 02:18 PM
    I don't think one can say there is no room for another mobile OS. A Surface Pro phone with an enhanced Windows 10 running x86 could be most interesting to devs and businesses. I prefer BlackBerry 10 to Android and iOS. That being said if BlackBerry can maintain a secure Android with the BlackBerry 10 features working as well i.e. Hub, keyboard, etc, etc I would consider it. No doubt Android is taking over even iOS I just have not liked using it on my Samsung tablets or various Android mobile devices I have used as well as BlackBerry 10 for my needs.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    06-24-16 02:18 PM

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    Yes. We are very sure.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    JeepBB and jegs2 like this.
    06-24-16 02:29 PM

BlackBerry BB10 forever

For existing owners and those that buy the few remaining devcies in stock, no BB10 isn't dead will be around for years to come.

But for the OP looking for new hardware powered by a new and improved BB10... yeah I'm sure BB10 is dead. Chen hardly even mention it, and nowhere in his plans for the future of BlackBerry hardware...

I think that $40 Million write down was probably on BB10 stock, and that the current "sale" going on will probably become permanent. You don't belive they are still building Passports and selling them for $300? I imagine Chen wants all the BB10 inventory gone before he launches these new phones.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-24-16 02:38 PM
    Mashable thinks that they should get out of hardware all together http://mashable.com/2016/06/24/give-...k#qV6.eDkDM8q9

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-24-16 03:28 PM
    For existing owners and those that buy the few remaining devcies in stock, no BB10 isn't dead will be around for years to come.

But for the OP looking for new hardware powered by a new and improved BB10... yeah I'm sure BB10 is dead. Chen hardly even mention it, and nowhere in his plans for the future of BlackBerry hardware...

I think that $40 Million write down was probably on BB10 stock, and that the current "sale" going on will probably become permanent. You don't belive they are still building Passports and selling them for $300? I imagine Chen wants all the BB10 inventory gone before he launches these new phones.
    Your thinking is not strategic. BB10 is not dead but rather shelved for a short period as BlackBerry flirts with Android.

Going Android will not benefit BlackBerry in the short and even the long run because they do not have a competitive edge. There is nothing they are offering that will increase market share for them in the consumer market.

BlackBerry's best chance is to focus on the enterprise sector with BB10 devices that they will make available to consumers who want them. BlackBerry should create a ecosystem of hardware and software around BB10 devices. BlackBerry should utilise BB10 untapped potential by developing connected, devices like phones, smart watches, ear pieces, glasses that can be utilised to increase productivity in the enterprise sector. I think these will also find a market in the consumer market too.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    06-24-16 03:39 PM
    Your thinking is not strategic. BB10 is not dead but rather shelved for a short period as BlackBerry flirts with Android.
    Unless you have a specific security requirement, BB10 is essentially dead. BlackBerry isn't even targeting outside of those markets anymore for BB10,

Chen wouldn't commit to saying that we'll never see another BB10 device again, but he noted that the market for BB10 devices has been squarely in the high-security business, such as governments and hospitals. BlackBerry will continue to support those customers with software updates, but since they don't upgrade their devices very often, the impetus to come out with new hardware often is low.
    BlackBerry CEO wants to sell 5 million phones a year | The Verge

This isn't a negative per-say, they're simply playing to the strengths of the BB10 platform but that also brings with a strategy shift for how those devices are handled and positioned.
    06-24-16 04:35 PM
    Blackberry should bet only 3 models of smartphones?-reddwarfdisappointment.jpg
    06-24-16 04:49 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reddwarfdisappointment.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	402832
    I remember this party well... Everything was fine and dandy until someone brought out the spiked punch...

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz, TgeekB and jegs2 like this.
    06-24-16 05:20 PM
    Going Android will not benefit BlackBerry in the short and even the long run because they do not have a competitive edge. There is nothing they are offering that will increase market share for them in the consumer market.
    And in BB10 they've a competitive advantage?.. What's that.. Don't get me wrong, I love BB10 the most.. But to say it has a competitive advantage is a reach.. It doesn't hold such advantage for the masses out there, just for us. Android is the way to help the company sell.

Actually, the only hope for BB10 to survive, is hanging on BlackBerry's ability to sell the two upcoming Android devices, only then they might throw us something BB10 to play with or maybe continue to update and support the OS.

BB10 is fantastic, We are all addicted to it.. but Android is necessary for BlackBerry's hardware to exist and make money.. The sooner we accept this, the sooner we can move on from the whole BB10 Vs Android War.
    06-24-16 05:36 PM
    And in BB10 they've a competitive advantage?.. What's that.. Don't get me wrong, I love BB10 the most.. But to say it has a competitive advantage is a reach.. It doesn't hold such advantage for the masses out there, just for us. Android is the way to help the company sell.

Actually, the only hope for BB10 to survive, is hanging on BlackBerry's ability to sell the two upcoming Android devices, only then they might throw us something BB10 to play with or maybe continue to update and support the OS.

BB10 is fantastic, We are all addicted to it.. but Android is necessary for BlackBerry's hardware to exist and make money.. The sooner we accept this, the sooner we can move on from the whole BB10 Vs Android War.
    Make money on Android? I think you are also dreaming. BlackBerry can compete with what's there on the market. They don't have economies of scale so they can't sell good quality hardware at cheap price.

On top of it, producing Android devices will also affect the Software and services business because BlackBerry's running Android can be managed using a number of EMM software therefore reducing the need for BlackBerry EMM solutions

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    06-24-16 07:08 PM
    On top of it, producing Android devices will also affect the Software and services business because BlackBerry's running Android can be managed using a number of EMM software therefore reducing the need for BlackBerry EMM solutions
    Yet if no one is buying BB10 phones, why buy BES instead of something else? BES sales have also fallen off a cliff because they only real reason to get BES is to manage BB10 phones, and if no one wants a BB10 phone, what's the point? The whole BES battle has already been lost - that's why BB ended up buying GOOD: it works well on the kinds of phones that companies are actually buying.
    06-24-16 07:22 PM
    Make money on Android? I think you are also dreaming. BlackBerry can compete with what's there on the market. They don't have economies of scale so they can't sell good quality hardware at cheap price.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    No I'm not dreaming, they've a better shot at selling Android than they've in BB10, simply because the masses out there want Apps.

Please, don't say economies in reference to companies, because such word is used to refer to countries.

Now, A lot of small phone makers out there don't have the financial power but they still introduce cheap high quality phones.. So its not really about having the financial power because the most powerful companies out there actually produce expensive phones, Like Samsung & Apple.
    06-24-16 07:28 PM

BlackBerry's best chance is to focus on the enterprise sector with BB10 devices that they will make available to consumers who want them. BlackBerry should create a ecosystem of hardware and software around BB10 devices. BlackBerry should utilise BB10 untapped potential by developing connected, devices like phones, smart watches, ear pieces, glasses that can be utilised to increase productivity in the enterprise sector. I think these will also find a market in the consumer market too.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    And they're going to do this with what employees (they laid them off) and what money (they are losing money)?
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-25-16 06:41 AM
    Please, don't say economies in reference to companies, because such word is used to refer to countries.
    *ahem*
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale

Might be a good idea to know what you're talking about before you try that semantic pedantry.
    app_Developer and DrBoomBotz like this.
    06-26-16 08:02 AM
    *ahem*
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale

Might be a good idea to know what you're talking about before you try that semantic pedantry.
    It wasn't semantic pedantry xD.. He was the second person who used the term economies in reference to companies here.. and the first time wasn't the macroeconomic term.. I admit though.. I didn't know the term.. So my bad.. I don't know if he was referring to it, or it just came out that way.. and he intended to actually use the word economies with the word scale.. Wish he corrected me if it was that way..

Anyway I thought he was referring to the company's financial power, not to a specific macroeconomics term.. so again my bad.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-26-16 11:39 AM
    It wasn't semantic pedantry xD.. He was the second person who used the term economies in reference to companies here.. and the first time wasn't the macroeconomic term.. I admit though.. I didn't know the term.. So my bad.. I don't know if he was referring to it, or it just came out that way.. and he intended to actually use the word economies with the word scale.. Wish he corrected me if it was that way..

Anyway I thought he was referring to the company's financial power, not to a specific macroeconomics term.. so again my bad.
    Don't get us started on economies of scope.

P.S. Those are generally microeconomic terms, ftr.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 12:28 PM
    Don't get us started on economies of scope.

P.S. Those are generally microeconomic terms, ftr.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'm interested in Business and Finance, But one can't know everything xD.
    06-26-16 12:42 PM

Eish! Why would I say economies of scale if I meant something else? That's what I meant. BlackBerry doesn't have capacity at the moment to be able to buy components for their devices as a cheap as would Samsung or Apple who buy in bulk.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    06-26-16 02:30 PM
    Eish! Why would I say economies of scale if I meant something else? That's what I meant. BlackBerry doesn't have capacity at the moment to be able to buy components for their devices as a cheap as would Samsung or Apple who buy in bulk.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    I disagree, I've previously mentioned that the most disruptive companies that offer very cheap phones are not companies with "Economies of Scale".. And on the contrary, the ones with the might and financial power actually sell expensive devices (Apple & Samsung). So its not about the one with the Money here.. However I don't mean that BlackBerry could do it.. But the Chinese could do it with little money..

I'm going to say it again so I won't be misunderstood.. Chinese companies can do it without having resources or buying large quantities cheaply like Apple & Samsung, but BlackBerry can't do it.. I'm disagreeing on the Buying components cheaply part because a lot of companies buy cheap and sell expensive.
    06-26-16 03:15 PM
    I disagree, I've previously mentioned that the most disruptive companies that offer very cheap phones are not companies with "Economies of Scale".. And on the contrary, the ones with the might and financial power actually sell expensive devices (Apple & Samsung). So its not about the one with the Money here.. However I don't mean that BlackBerry could do it.. But the Chinese could do it with little money..

I'm going to say it again so I won't be misunderstood.. Chinese companies can do it without having resources or buying large quantities cheaply like Apple & Samsung, but BlackBerry can't do it.. I'm disagreeing on the Buying components cheaply part because a lot of companies buy cheap and sell expensive.
    The Chinese companies have an advantage of firstly having the manufacturers of components being in China also. Secondly the 1.3 billion local market and lastly a reduced budget on marketing.

Economies of scale are not due to financial power of an organisation but rather it's levels of production. Large buyers tend to get discounts for their business from suppliers of components. This reduces the cost of production.

BlackBerry's market share at the moment does not afford them the luxury of buying in bulk. That's the capacity I am talking about.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    06-26-16 03:45 PM
    The Chinese companies have an advantage of firstly having the manufacturers of components being in China also. Secondly the 1.3 billion local market and lastly a reduced budget on marketing.

Economies of scale are not due to financial power of an organisation but rather it's levels of production. Large buyers tend to get discounts for their business from suppliers of components. This reduces the cost of production.

BlackBerry's market share at the moment does not afford them the luxury of buying in bulk. That's the capacity I am talking about.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    - I agree with the first point, the advantage of being in China, the market itself and not spending much on marketing.

- I disagree with the second point.. I knew you were going to reference the level of production, By the way I've read the definition up there.. And let me say this.. OnePlus doesn't sell many devices yet they're selling them cheap.. and don't tell me they're owned by Oppo.. that has nothing to do with it.. Each company has its own budget and level of production.. OnePlus doesn't have "Economies of Scale".. Yet they can sell fantastic devices for quite cheap.

"Economy of scale: a proportionate saving in costs gained by an increased level of production"... One Plus doesn't have the previous.. They don't have a massive production level.. Until very recently, they only sold devices by invite.

Now the Facts to back my opinion.. One Plus had a revenue of 300 Million Dollars in 2014, that's not Samsung or Apple-like at all.. That's not "Economies Of Scale".. So you don't need that in order to come up with a great cheap device.. You Just need to be Chinese mate..

- Your third point is true, as I've mentioned BlackBerry can't do it, even in their wildest dream.. My disagrement is that you need to be a big company and produce a lot to be able to come up with something cheap, that's just not true xD.
    06-26-16 04:03 PM
41 12