The possibilities with this fellow Waterloo based company's Technology could further enhance the BB10 Experience, it can also mean a whole new revenue stream! https://www.thalmic.com/en/myo/

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 06:01 PM
    How would you like to see this integrated with BB10? Seems like it wouldn't be significantly different from a smart watch, just with a gyroscope and accelerometer.
    01-18-14 06:06 PM
    It's more than that, it's a wireless gesture based technology. Incorporating it into the BB10 gesture based OS will just amplify the gesture idea. Typing virtually messages without actually touching the phone. Answering calls remotely with a gesture from across the room, etc etc. Then there is the gaming aspect to be considered and also real possibility of assisting the visually impaired as well. Just an idea, fishing for other ideas here.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 06:15 PM
    Yeah, someone posted this back in fall of last year. Put myself up for two units when it's available. I can definitely see using it in front of a classroom. No more turning my back to students to write on the board. Sure could use it for the air keyboard (or air guitar) or an air mouse. Just need someone to code the interface which, by the way, was noticed last year that they didn't have any APIs for BB10. Don't know that BlackBerry should acquire them, but should definitely look at partnering with them or someone else with similar technology. This would be significantly different from a smartwatch as it would be just an input and not another interface screen. Think of it as using a bluetooth mouse to a computer instead of using an app like Splashtop on the PlayBook connecting to a computer... direct access at location instead of fumbling with another screen.
    01-18-14 10:07 PM
    To top it off, they are ex BlackBerry employees iirc.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 09:30 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=840280

I'm qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry and because I am the Black Squircle Samurai!
    02-04-14 11:22 AM
    Old news

I'm qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry and because I am the Black Squircle Samurai!
    02-04-14 11:22 AM