OK, so I currently have a LG Dare and I'm upgrading to a Storm. I know that there is a 30 dollar plan, and a 45 dollar plan. From what I understand, the 45 dollar plan allows you to connect to business networks and use the phone as a server. Now my question is, does the 30 dollar plan allow unlimited internet access? I looked up the thread about the difference between both plans, and I became somewhat confused. What exactly is tethering?

Thank you.
    06-14-09 03:51 PM
    Not to sure about verizon's plans but thethering is where you hook your blackberry to say your laptop and use it as a modem to browse the net on your laptop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 04:27 PM
    The 45/plan is for business generally,the 30/plan is for end users..unlimited data. Tethering is using your phone as a modem to hook to your laptop,but Verizon DOES charge for this service, I believe its 30/mo with a 5GB cap.
    Double chck with your VZW Rep. alot of people get confused with the tehering thing and try to tether with no plan. When I got my curve I was signed up for tethering but didnt want it..I did catch it so be sure you go over everything closely with the VZW Rep. Just my 2 cents.

JC
    06-14-09 04:58 PM
    Regular users only need the $30 plan. The $45 plan is for business.

The BlackBerry Plan in for unlimited data on the device itself. It doesn't cover tethering to a computer.

Tethering costs another $30 for regular plans and another $15 for business plans. (So the total would be $60 on either plan.) And as stated above has a 5GB cap.
    06-14-09 06:21 PM
    there is also the option of downloading the 'tetherberry' app...$50 one time fee and no monthly bill for tethering,,,if you really want to hook up your laptop this is the cheapest way to go.
    check out the various threads on how people feel about their tetherberry
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-14-09 at 06:45 PM.
    06-14-09 06:42 PM
    Regular users only need the $30 plan. The $45 plan is for business.

The BlackBerry Plan in for unlimited data on the device itself. It doesn't cover tethering to a computer.

Tethering costs another $30 for regular plans and another $15 for business plans. (So the total would be $60 on either plan.) And as stated above has a 5GB cap.
    The $45.00 feature includes an access license to a Blackberry Enterprise Server or a BES hosted service. Regular users can also have their BB hosted on an external BES service as well. Not sure why they would but the whole concept of business user and not is really a misconception especially when some business users merely need OWA access which does not need the $45.00 plan.
    06-14-09 07:47 PM
    I probably should have said that it's for businesses.
    06-14-09 08:24 PM
    so then with either plan you get unlimited internet browsing correct? could you watch videos on youtube with the storm?
    06-14-09 09:50 PM
    Yes. On the device, it's unlimited.
    06-15-09 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD