According to Verizon...There is no official word from RIM but it does seem to be down. At first they were blaming Gmail but when I told them my desktop Gmail and my buddy's Iphone were working they stuck me on hold and came back with the answer above.
    Yeah my gmail was the first to give me the problem
    04-13-09 08:30 PM
    I have nothing against Blackberry, i love my Bold. But were paying a premium for a premium business push email service and I for one want my moneys worth, not to be down constantly. A great phone is nothing more than a brick without working service after all.
    I agree with you. It seems like every other week or two BIS is down.
    04-13-09 08:32 PM
    Interesting......I've been intermittently receiving email throughout the day. I didnt realize there was an outage until I opened the forums and then got a twitter tweet.

Maybe I committed a cardinal sin and didn't pay enough attention to my BB......... I'm so ashamed........
    Last edited by bad_boy321; 04-13-09 at 08:40 PM.
    04-13-09 08:37 PM
    I agree with you. It seems like every other week or two BIS is down.
    it has been my phone and people on crackberry dont lie no mater what anyone tries to refute. I got my Bold 7 or 8 weeks ago and its been at least every 2 weeks if not every week since. Im impressed with my Bold, just not the level of service RIM has been offering lately. Hoping it gets better or else Ill have to find a more reliable solution for my mobile needs and email thats not down weekly
    04-13-09 08:38 PM
    The BIS server was experiencing a 100% outage today but the ticket was resolved as of approx 4:40pm (Mountain Time)
    04-13-09 08:50 PM
    I just got back up. I was down since 11am est. I just received some of my emails that I saw on my laptop this afternoon.

This is truly unacceptable but what can we do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 09:19 PM
    it has been my phone and people on crackberry dont lie no mater what anyone tries to refute. I got my Bold 7 or 8 weeks ago and its been at least every 2 weeks if not every week since. Im impressed with my Bold, just not the level of service RIM has been offering lately. Hoping it gets better or else Ill have to find a more reliable solution for my mobile needs and email thats not down weekly
    I agree with you. I love my bold, but dislike the data going out so often. Has anyone called AT&T to get a refund for this? I'm just wondering.

04-13-09 10:28 PM
    well personally a $5 credit wont solve anything. Missing email is missing it, its done with now. i just want service that works and disappointed older 3rd party free solutions have better uptime. I got BB because it was supposed to be the king of the hill reliable email solution.

And ive kept up with mobile news for a few years now, and this isnt anything new. There were major RIM outages in 2007 and 2008, and RIM VOWED it wouldnt happen again- and now twice in about 8 weeks. I dont know what theyre spending their record profits on, but obviously not improving their servers or putting backups in place for these types of situations.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-13-09 at 11:12 PM.
    04-13-09 10:47 PM
    17 hours later and still no email.
    04-14-09 04:41 AM
    17 hours later and still no email.
    I'm in the same boat here. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    04-14-09 04:54 AM
    I deleted my email on the BIS and re-enabled it, pulled the battery, sent some test msgs... Still nothing. Its going to be a long day at work without email.

04-14-09 05:13 AM
    hmmm...... Also I am trying to download Blackberry Desktop Software 4.7 from Blackberry.com, and it keeps timing out, their server is down or something.
    04-14-09 05:31 AM
    Yea! Just got my first email. Sent a test email to a different account and it still hasn't been received yet but it shows as sent on the BB. But at least I'm half way home.

04-14-09 05:45 AM
    I'm still not receiving e-mails...
    04-14-09 11:47 AM
    I'm on the Verizon network with a Storm and I'm not able to receive email or browse the web.
    04-14-09 12:31 PM
    I'm on us cellular with a 8330 curve. Haven't lo�t any service at all.

04-14-09 12:42 PM
    Verizon 8330. No troubles here.

04-14-09 12:45 PM
    Still can't send or receive emails.
    04-14-09 12:54 PM
    My email came back yesterday afternoon. An hour ago it stopped again.
    04-14-09 12:56 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD