The rumours were true!!

Fido is once again offering Blackberry service as of today. Just activated my unlocked 8700 and I'm happily emailing away without having to use the workaround Gmail app.

It's officially on the fido website now too.

Now we just have to wait for them to offer decent hardsets...Curve 8900 too much to ask for? ...sure be nice to finally use those hundreds of accumulated Fido dollars! lol

CityFido and Blackberry together = Woohoo!
    02-04-09 03:18 PM
    Did you have any sorta trouble to get the 8700 to work under fido network? I unlocked my 8700 which was a rogers bberry then I called fido and got the $15 unlmtd email+im plan but did not see any results when I called fido tech they referred me to fido bis page but when I enter my pin and imei for this bberry it says ur bberry already register with another provier reregister and try again! Did u face this problem? Was ur bberry registered for a data plan with any other provider before? I called rogers they gave me rims# # to call them as they told me only rim can unleash the pin from rogers bis! Wtf I no longer want to be with rogers jus fido fido because they have better plans and it seems soooo hard to do this

The rumours were true!!

Fido is once again offering Blackberry service as of today. Just activated my unlocked 8700 and I'm happily emailing away without having to use the workaround Gmail app.

It's officially on the fido website now too.

Now we just have to wait for them to offer decent hardsets...Curve 8900 too much to ask for? ...sure be nice to finally use those hundreds of accumulated Fido dollars! lol

CityFido and Blackberry together = Woohoo!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 05:21 PM
    I am also getting this problem, that my pin is already registerd. I have a javelin but it is unbranded. so i dont know what to do?
    02-08-09 10:03 PM
    Interesting tidbit thanks for sharing...
    02-08-09 10:06 PM
    Hi i have a unlocked rogers curve 8300 working on fido, everything works great except mms, seems i am missing the service books for mms, i tried to get them resent to me with no avail.

has anyone got mms working on fido with an unlocked device?
    02-13-09 12:35 AM
    I am able to send pictures (from my unlocked 8300 Curve on Fido) to my friend's original Rogers Blackberry 8320, using the BB Messenger application. I haven't checked to see if additional charges are incurred. I have the 500MB data plan but Fido did not mention MMS to me.

My wife tried to send me a picture (regular SMS with picture) from her Nokia Fido phone with no success.. so MMS isn't fully working. She's getting a Blackberry anyway so we'll be able to send each other pictures soon.
    02-23-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD