This forces me to buy an BB PRIV or iPhone. I hate Whatscrapp, but my friends do not.

LOL @ Facebook app!

They have just updated it to link you to a webpage in a browser popup. That's exactly how they gonna support developers. They can't support themselves.
    I agree, BBOS10 is the best system, but the ecosystem is broken, now even for the most die-hard fans.
    03-17-16 10:25 PM
    This forces me to buy an BB PRIV or iPhone. I hate Whatscrapp, but my friends do not.

I agree, BBOS10 is the best system, but the ecosystem is broken, now even for the most die-hard fans.
    Not broken for me.
    03-17-16 11:16 PM
    This forces me to buy an BB PRIV or iPhone. I hate Whatscrapp, but my friends do not.I agree, BBOS10 is the best system, but the ecosystem is broken, now even for the most die-hard fans.
    1. Not broken, if it was, BlackBerry world wouldn't be accessible and would error out for everything.2. You can use the android version of whatsapp, just load up snap stable (use google chrome extension called BlackBerry playbook/BB10), and download it. It works fine, others have also used it.
    03-18-16 04:23 AM
    1. Not broken, if it was, BlackBerry world wouldn't be accessible and would error out for everything.2. You can use the android version of whatsapp, just load up snap stable (use google chrome extension called BlackBerry playbook/BB10), and download it. It works fine, others have also used it.
    I know I could do that, but honestly, anyone saying BB10 is not broken at this point is delusional. And that comes from an hardcore BB fan, it just is. Sure the app world works, so does my fridge, but it ain't any good if it's empty. There's literary NOTHING in BB world worth getting or buying. Even their own Facebook app is now just a hotlink. Face10 just keeps on whining for money, and when you do want to pay, you can't add your paypal account to BB world because of some error that has been there since forever. So ye it really is broken to the point that you can only pay with an credit card--which we Europeans often don't have/need.
    03-18-16 08:15 AM
    I can pay with PayPal at BBW.

Attachment 394578
    03-18-16 08:42 AM
    I know I could do that, but honestly, anyone saying BB10 is not broken at this point is delusional. And that comes from an hardcore BB fan, it just is. Sure the app world works, so does my fridge, but it ain't any good if it's empty. There's literary NOTHING in BB world worth getting or buying. Even their own Facebook app is now just a hotlink. Face10 just keeps on whining for money, and when you do want to pay, you can't add your paypal account to BB world because of some error that has been there since forever. So ye it really is broken to the point that you can only pay with an credit card--which we Europeans often don't have/need.
    I guess you mean 'literally' and I guess you mean there is 'nothing' FOR YOU. I still think there are things worth buying in BBW. Hence the fridge is not empty yet. You might want to try carrier billing as well if available.

Via Pasta CB10
    03-18-16 09:15 AM
    There's literary NOTHING in BB world worth getting or buying
    Maybe for you there isn't, but I strongly disagree with you on this. There are plenty of great apps in BW for me.
    03-18-16 09:30 AM
    facebook is no longer being supported because facebook is no longer giving BlackBerry access to their api so there is not much they can do with that. Since whatsapp is the same company and the announcements are coming at about the same time I suspect this is 1 decision to only support android/ios/windows. It really is too bad because whatsapp built its reputation on being cross platform now they are abandoning that direction. BBM may actually gain market from this.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 09:33 AM
    facebook is no longer being supported because facebook is no longer giving BlackBerry access to their api so there is not much they can do with that. Since whatsapp is the same company and the announcements are coming at about the same time I suspect this is 1 decision to only support android/ios/windows. It really is too bad because whatsapp built its reputation on being cross platform now they are abandoning that direction. BBM may actually gain market from this.

Posted via CB10
    Nah but that market is so small to be cross platform all you need is android and ios to be honest if everyone else doesn't make a dent in the system. Right now what BlackBerry could take advantage is that windows phones marketshare and updates have been so limited BlackBerry actually still has other things to offer. We can gain from that wavering three percent if BlackBerry wanted to. Even without the Facebook app

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 10:02 AM
    Guys let's be realistic here for a minute. Only 0.3% of the smartphone population owns a BlackBerry, including but not limited to: BBOS 5,6,7 devices and government / business use. Than there is folks like me, who don't need it for their business but like it. In the US alone there is only about 100k people actually choosing for BlackBerry as their smartphone without needing it for anything. Think about that.
    03-18-16 04:24 PM
    What about adding Threema as an native app? Could also be implemented in BBM, or?
    This from their web page:
    "Open Message API - Threema Gateway allows you to encrypt, send, receive and decrypt messages directly in your own applications. Threema's Message API supports end-to-end encryption right from the source to the recipient. The software is freely available with an open source license."
    03-19-16 07:50 AM
36 12