Was just wondering about the BlackBerry Screen Reader, as i'm visually impaired.

Have looked for it a few times on App World with no joy. Is the app still going?

If anyone knows, that would be great!

Also any apps that help with the sound during calls? as in volume? as I have hearing aids. I find the sound great clear quality, but find my mums 8900 curve better sound wise (loud during calls) than the 9780 I bought.
    01-10-13 11:03 AM
    Hope this helps.
    http://www.blackberry.com/screenreader (Apparently Firefox can't display this page properly so I had to use Internet Explorer)
    PS: Try this Option 2 downloading from OTA from your Blackberry Browser
    Option 2: Over-the-air installation using your BlackBerry browser

Visit www.blackberry.com/screenreader from your BlackBerry browser, and follow the instructions on the website. (Note: You may require sighted assistance for this method.)

About BlackBerry Screen Reader

Introducing BlackBerry Screen Reader, a free software application that provides an audible output based on visual information displayed on a BlackBerry® smartphone. Whether you are blind or visually impaired, BlackBerry Screen Reader is designed to help you operate your BlackBerry smartphone.

Take advantage of the following features with BlackBerry Screen Reader:
    Support for core applications – Easily access core BlackBerry applications including email, calendar, phone calls, SMS and more
    Speech settings – Customize the text-to-speech settings (volume, pitch and speech rate) and preferences for punctuation, verbosity and password security
    Keyboard shortcuts – Set speech and audio preferences quickly and easily through (physical) keyboard shortcuts
    Accessible documentation – User Guide available in accessible HTML through a desktop web browser

Supported devices and languages

BlackBerry Screen Reader is supported on the BlackBerry® Curve™ 9350, 9360, 9370, 9320 and 9220 smartphones and is available in the following languages:
    English
    French
    Italian
    German
    Spanish

Install BlackBerry Screen Reader

Install BlackBerry Screen Reader using one of the following options:

Option 1: Install BlackBerry Screen Reader from this page using your desktop browser
    1.To begin, click the Download button located at the bottom of this page.
    2.A second web page will load. From this page, select your preferred language for BlackBerry Screen Reader from the drop down menu. Then click the Next button.
    3.A third page will load, where you will be asked to agree to the BlackBerry Screen Reader software License Acknowledgement. To agree to the terms, select I agree, then click on the Next button.
    4.A final page will load. You may be asked to run an add-on module to install BlackBerry Screen Reader. You will then be prompted to connect your BlackBerry device to your computer via USB to download the application.

Option 2: Over-the-air installation using your BlackBerry browser

Visit www.blackberry.com/screenreader from your BlackBerry browser, and follow the instructions on the website. (Note: You may require sighted assistance for this method.)

Related Links
    Get the BlackBerry Screen Reader accessible User Guide
    Learn more about BlackBerry Accessibility solutions for visual impairments
    Learn more about BlackBerry Screen Reader at Inside BlackBerry: The Official BlackBerry Blog
    thekidshop and GlamGemini like this.
    01-10-13 09:47 PM
    Thank you
    01-18-13 01:35 PM