Do you guys think that the camera blackberry uses on the priv is a unique selling feature. A deal to boost sales? Kinda similar to what HTC did with beats? Every android blackberry produces will have it?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-16 11:43 AM
    Do you guys think that the camera blackberry uses on the priv is a unique selling feature. A deal to boost sales? Kinda similar to what HTC did with beats? Every android blackberry produces will have it?

nope. there is a lot of smartphones out there with very good or great cameras. A good smartphone camera is now a market expectation and not a unique selling feature.
    05-01-16 01:26 PM
    A lot of the major lens companies are now getting into the smartphone camera game. Schneider and Zeiss are probably the most popular ones used out there.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-01-16 01:38 PM
    its doesnt matter how good your hardware is if the software is crap...and well BB didnt have the best software at launch. I think most people are in agreement that the pictures from the PRIV arent any better than most other higher end phones
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-01-16 01:45 PM
    The camera on the Priv is decent and works for my needs, but there are other devices with better cameras.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    05-01-16 01:51 PM
    I hope the Passport get this lens. I'm planning to upgrade my Q10 with Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 10:03 AM
    I hope the Passport get this lens. I'm planning to upgrade my Q10 with Passport.

Posted via CB10
    the passport doesnt have this lens.
    05-06-16 11:18 AM
    its doesnt matter how good your hardware is if the software is crap...and well BB didnt have the best software at launch. I think most people are in agreement that the pictures from the PRIV arent any better than most other higher end phones
    Is cr*p considered profanity here...? :-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    05-07-16 02:36 AM
    Well the camera on GS7 is better, according to most opinions

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    05-07-16 08:05 PM
    They could use it if Blackberry had a phone with a leading camera in it. As of now, Blackberry's have had sub-par cameras in them with some improvements in the Priv, but still behind compared to other high end phones.

Marketing the lens without the pictures to back it up won't do anything. HTC tried this with the ultra-pixel cameras they were using and all the marketing in the world won't hide a poor camera.
    05-08-16 10:44 AM
    Hua Wei has leica is their corner. That a huge deal.

Hua Wei is going to be china's Samsung. Mark my words

05-09-16 04:55 PM