Well maybe I am exaggerating, but here is the story.

On Tuesday morning, sharp pain in my lower belly sent me home from work, and then straight to the hospital, where I was quickly diagnosed with an appendicitis. It had not yet punctured, but it was getting there, so they quickly made plans for me the be operated on. The only problem was that no surgeon were on staff and the one on call needed to be called.

While I was waiting for the surgery, I was kept in room 10, which was a sign from the Gods that the surgery would go well. (BB10)

My surgery was scheduled for around 10:15 pm, and I half seriously asked them if they could make it at 10:10 pm. They had a good chuckle when I told them why. As if I am that crazy (well maybe I am)

When the doctor got in, he came to see me, and as he confirmed using a blackberry, I thought to myself, everything is lining up for a perfect surgery to happen.

Right before they put me under, I knew everything would be fine when they put the mask on me and ask me to count to ten...

Everything went well, as planned!

My blackberry and Playbook have come in pretty handy in keeping in touch with relatives right after the surgery, and before I would get the okay to go back home.

Some of you may not believe this amazing story, and even myself cannot help but think it was way too surreal for it to be true. If any of you have had their appendix taken out, they will know how quickly it happens.

The faith the Doctor had in Blackberry might have been a life saver for me!! Now imagine what BB10 might have done....
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry saved my life-img_00000016.jpg  
    Last edited by jfguay2; 01-26-13 at 07:43 AM.
    01-25-13 07:06 AM
    Good story. Thanks for sharing. Hope your recovery goes well.
    anon(3896606) and jfguay2 like this.
    01-25-13 07:12 AM
    It would have been better if they removed 10 appendices.

That's actually the correct plural of appendix, I looked it up.
    01-25-13 07:32 AM
    Funny story! Btw, if the anaesthetist had arrived iPhone in hand, would you have asked them for a leather strap to bite down on instead? Just askin'...
    ctuffy, RWB3325 and jfguay2 like this.
    01-25-13 07:38 AM
    Very nice story. I'm glad everything turned out well for you.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    01-25-13 07:38 AM
    Good one pnewcombe! You should have seen the anesthetist face when I asked him to update my status on Facebook should anything bad happen to me during the surgery!!
    01-25-13 07:44 AM
    Hope your recovery is swift and that you have your '10 in hand asap!
    jfguay2 likes this.
    01-25-13 08:22 AM
    Obviously this story can only happen in Canada as there are still quite a number of BB devices running around in the hospitals here. Btw it will take you about 10 days to recover from this operation and just in time to get your hand on a new BB10 device
    jfguay2, BergerKing and peter9477 like this.
    01-25-13 08:43 AM
    Nice story. I give it... 10/10!
    jfguay2 likes this.
    01-25-13 09:27 AM
    Reminds me of when I was using my Style, I'm down in radiology getting zapped when the tech notices me and asked what game I was playing. I told her I wasn't, I was web surfing. She told me no way, that there was no signal where we were. I showed her that I was on WiFi, but also had two bars of signal. She pulls out her iPhone, shows no bars or Wi-Fi. I chuckled and said, 'Yeah, that'd be nice if you could use it, wouldn't it?'

Good job playing the numbers, may the face of fortune turn ever your way. Bring on the 10!
    01-25-13 09:36 AM
    Hahaha. Great story. Hope your feeling better. One last thing. Your post, IMHO, is THE definitive proof that BlackBerry is no longer a tech company; it's a religion! BlackBerry be praised! Brother jfguay2 has been healed through the power of the mighty 10! Halleluja. In BlackBerry we trust. Heehee. I'm just kidding.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    01-25-13 10:05 AM
    Congrats on a successful operation. While recuperating watch the movie "23" with Jim Carrey.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    01-25-13 10:37 AM
    This whole thread made me lol but the best part was removing 10 appendices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    eddy_berry and jesse_h like this.
    01-25-13 10:42 AM
    Nice!

Feel better!
    jfguay2 likes this.
    01-25-13 12:16 PM
    There's 10 line breaks in OPs post............................
    Last edited by Djlatino; 01-29-13 at 03:31 PM.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    01-25-13 08:37 PM
    There's 10 line breaks in OPs post............................
    Lol... It is....
    To sum up the story...

BlackBerry IS a religion.... Rotfl
    jfguay2 likes this.
    01-25-13 08:54 PM
    Reminds me of when I was using my Style, I'm down in radiology getting zapped when the tech notices me and asked what game I was playing. I told her I wasn't, I was web surfing. She told me no way, that there was no signal where we were. I showed her that I was on WiFi, but also had two bars of signal. She pulls out her iPhone, shows no bars or Wi-Fi. I chuckled and said, 'Yeah, that'd be nice if you could use it, wouldn't it?'

Good job playing the numbers, may the face of fortune turn ever your way. Bring on the 10!
    I'm a Medevac Pilot. We often fly into remote airports. I have lost count of how many times we have been somewhere & my Android & iPhone coworkers have no bars, meanwhile my BB is doing fine.....good thing too, cause if non of us have cell coverage, then we have to use those crapy Sat Phones.
    Last edited by BBPandy; 01-26-13 at 08:48 PM.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    01-26-13 05:08 AM
    Ten four Mr Pilot Pandy, great story
    01-26-13 12:09 PM