Hi guys,
    Do you know if BlackBerry is going to re-stock the out of stock phones, the q10 white and black, the q5 pink and the white z10? Or they want them out of stock so they can start selling the upcoming phones?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:42 PM
    Qs all gone now...?

Wow, blow-out sale successful. Time to get the Classic out.
    I'm sure they will re-stock, at least after this sale is finished. Not sure whether they can re-stock quickly enough...

Enterprise will still demand these phones, so somehow they will have to keep them available.

Do we have an "insider" working at Digital River / Shop BB somewhere here on CrackBerry who could tell us more... ? ;-)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-06-14 08:28 PM
    It's almost certainly a clearance sale. Those phones are coming up on 2 years old, and so BB isn't going to want to keep selling them forever, nor will they continue to get any real money out of them. They lose value every month they sit in inventory, so better to blow them out and be rid of them. It clears the deck for the current models.
    11-06-14 08:33 PM
    ^ not trying to be rude, but do you actually know this as facts? Or are you just stating your opinion or assumption as fact?

Posted via CB10
    alternator77 likes this.
    11-07-14 06:31 AM
    ^ (*_*)

#BBFactCheck
    11-07-14 06:50 AM
    Did I indicate anywhere in my post that this was some "fact" that I knew for sure? Of course it's an opinion, but it's an educated one.

With the exception of the 2 best-selling flagship phones (iPhone and Galaxy S), it's exceedingly rare for a given phone model to be sold for more than 2 years, and in fact, most models are only on the market for 1 year. Common sense would tell you that it's better to clear out a depreciating asset and get the cash out of it rather than continue to sit on the inventory and watch it lose money, plus continue to bear the costs of inventory management on those SKUs. Anyone who has worked in consumer electronics retailing, or most kinds of manufacturing, would understand and agree.

BB is producing NEW phones: the Z3, the Passport, and the Classic, and probably soon a Z3 LET/Z20 too. That's a lot of other SKUs to keep track of, through all of the wholesalers and retailers they deal with worldwide, so if they can get rid of older SKUs, it's in their best interest to do so. It also helps to put the spotlight on the newer products, which moves the company forward.

You act like I'm somehow attacking BB because I'm suggesting they're clearing out old inventory, but that just means they're running their company correctly and moving on to newer products. Isn't that what any BB fan would want? BB can't live in the past forever, and why would you want them to?
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-07-14 05:40 PM