What do you think about this guys?

BlackBerry's Android Slider Using Hardened Linux Kernel

Delivered by my Z30
    09-20-15 02:29 PM
    News to me...

/s

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:39 PM
    Would you have expected anything else...? :-)

•   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   •
    09-20-15 04:04 PM
    I like how they put a lot of resources securing the Linux kernel at the same time Google can just grab data from your phone at any time as it is a part of the Google Android system. It's like buying an expensive reinforced steel door for your house when you can just go around the corner and smash a window.
    igor10000 likes this.
    09-20-15 04:15 PM
    I like how they put a lot of resources securing the Linux kernel at the same time Google can just grab data from your phone at any time as it is a part of the Google Android system. It's like buying an expensive reinforced steel door for your house when you can just go around the corner and smash a window.
    That's my worry with anything Android.

Also the rootability.

It needs to be communicated that it's Android and therefore rootable. Problem solved. That's why we have BB10... :-)

That's what Blackphone didn't do*. The Blackphone IS probably secure and offers privacy, but not against physical attack. Just like disk encyption on laptops, whoever has physical access will eventually get the data....

(*Actually, Blackphone did communicate on their website they want the phone to be rootable, so you can customize it. The promise was never security against physical attack, but higher privacy protection against snooping while you're communicating and while you're using the TXT, email, the web, etc. - the media didn't bother checking, everyone just went -oh, rooted, insecure, LOL, ROTFL, haha, forget it and so on...)

----

If you want screaming Android, that's what you're getting. Just like any other Samsung out there which is used for enterprise. Why? They're not making any efforts to prevent rooting, and it's still being used.

The BlackBerry Android has a lower security classification. Same level as Samsung. JUST MAKE THAT CLEAR before the media is going batpoo crazy about nothing.

It's like tennis shoes. If you sell them as "non-marking" and your local indoor tennis court or squash court looks like a battlefield when you leave, there is a problem.

There is no problem if NOT sold as "non-marking". It's a communications issue or a marketing one, not a technical one.

:-D

•   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   •
    igor10000 likes this.
    09-20-15 04:33 PM
    Plugging the dike with your fingers is what it is. I expect it to flood Waterloo in the near future and destroy all their security creds!

Posted via Z30
    09-20-15 07:04 PM
    If you put it in a kettle does it pop?

Z10
    09-20-15 07:15 PM