According to BlackBerry Czech - BlackBerry might be working on a new Android (probably will be released with Marshmallow) device codenamed Hamburg that might be even followed by another called Rome which is rumored to be a midrange device priced under $500 and might be expected by autumn.

Exkluzivn?! BlackBerry tento rok p?edstav� nov� modely ?Hamburg? a ?Rome? ? BlackBerryCzech

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 07:01 AM
    Bla bla bla and Vienna bla bla bla Android M, bla bla bla bla security, bla bla bla soon, bla bla bla the google, bla bla bla next month, bla bla bla bb10

~ J. Chen

Posted via Q10Bold
    SirSti23, bbfanfan, Polt and 1 others like this.
    03-27-16 07:17 AM
    Is that a reliable source? I guess we'll find out by Friday

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 03:42 AM
    Yes, it's the BlackBerry Priv SE!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 04:09 AM
    Can we PLEEEEASE see something different 4rm BlackBerry???? I hope both these will be worth is. As I am a QWERTY keyboard fan. I hate full touch screen phones. My hands are 2 big for that stupid-ish.....

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 08:07 PM
    Thanks for that rumors.
    But, new ANDROID Berrys?!
    Rome and Hamburg - I wouldn't even want one if they would upgrade the Hamburg(er) to a cheeseburger for free!

I'd even be happy if I could use my existing OS10 devices as I was used to!
    I mean, we BlackBerry people were always used to make sacrifices with BBOS/OS10 - but losing the most common apps (WhatsApp & Facebook) and BlackBerry wants us to use a web launcher and moving to Android...
    How messed up is that?!

If anyone would have told me in 2013:
    BlackBerry will run Android & will drop OS10 & will drop developers...
    I might have thought this person is out of his mind.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-30-16 05:18 AM
    According to BlackBerry Czech - BlackBerry might be working on a new Android (probably will be released with Marshmallow) device codenamed Hamburg that might be even followed by another called Rome which is rumored to be a midrange device priced under $500 and might be expected by autumn.

Exkluzivn?! BlackBerry tento rok p?edstav� nov� modely ?Hamburg? a ?Rome? ? BlackBerryCzech

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this information is confirmed from reliable source. BB Hamburg will be full-touch device with Android and lower price, BB Rome will carry QWERTY keyboard, Android and price close to BB Classic...
    03-30-16 09:07 AM
    I think a LOT is dependant on sales of the PRIV.

BlackBerry might have these devices "planned", but I doubt they have given the green light to production yet. While I do expect other devices, even if PRIV sales are not as expected. Not sure he'll green light two devices so closely together. Especially if BlackBerry loses Carrier support due to very poor sales of the PRIV.... Carriers might add a 2nd Android BlackBerry, but I doubt they'll want to add two so closely together.

Plus I don't think BlackBerry is in a position to do two launches so closely.... it's been five months with the PRIV and it's still in "launch" mode.
    03-30-16 09:33 AM
    Names make sense.

Vienna -> Hamburg -> Fixed keyboard device
    Venice -> Rome -> All-touch and slider devices
    03-30-16 10:10 AM
    Yes, this information is confirmed from reliable source. BB Hamburg will be full-touch device with Android and lower price, BB Rome will carry QWERTY keyboard, Android and price close to BB Classic...
    Backwards.
    03-30-16 10:10 AM
    I hope you are right, I'm happy to see BlackBerry stay in hardware business
    03-30-16 10:17 AM
    I am amazed there are BB in the Czech Republic. Sounds like a rumor in and of itself.
    anon(9721458) likes this.
    03-30-16 10:42 AM
    I am amazed there are BB in the Czech Republic. Sounds like a rumor in and of itself.
    Why exactly are you amazed?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 11:09 AM
    What BlackBerry has done to achieve good sells ?
    Absolutely Nothing.
    BlackBerry phone is not like a Rolls Royce car.
    Nowadays nothing sells without good marketing.
    Slash82 likes this.
    03-30-16 11:09 AM
    Just kidding. Just saying I am surprised there is enough interested in BB in Czech and surprised there is enough BB users in Czech.
    03-30-16 11:13 AM
    What BlackBerry has done to achieve good sells ?
    Absolutely Nothing.
    BlackBerry phone is not like a Rolls Royce car.
    Nowadays nothing sells without good marketing.
    They achieved selling the exact same chipset/camera for almost 3.5years in a row (in different packages) without any noticeable ads and keep wondering why they won't sell devices.
    That's what they have achieved!

And now they hope to sell Android devices for Rolls Royce prices!

Posted via CB10
    Fool Guy, Q10Bold and eldricho like this.
    03-30-16 11:25 AM
    Still no official words from Bla1ze..Let's hope he's just late to the "leaked party"

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 12:10 PM
    Still no official words from Bla1ze..Let's hope he's just late to the "leaked party"

Posted via CB10
    I just don't care about codenames.

They're pretty much useless and mean nothing at this point. You now what had a codename as well? The larger PlayBook.. the BlackBerry set top box and the BlackBerry Magnum. Look how they ended up. And that's not even mentioning the fact one or two devices have already been confirmed by Chen pending how well Priv does. Now if there were photos of production devices... that might arouse me.

Sidenote: Here's a very important question... what does BlackBerry offer to a market that's already saturated with slab devices?
    03-30-16 12:52 PM
    [URL="http://forums.crackberry.com/news-rumors-f40/rumour-2-new-bb-android-devices-1068095/index2.html#post12348775"]

Sidenote: Here's a very important question... what does BlackBerry offer to a market that's already saturated with slab devices?
    OMG, Bla1ze totally just confirmed they're going to have Hypervsior lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 01:14 PM

They're pretty much useless and mean nothing at this point. You now what had a codename as well? The larger PlayBook.. the BlackBerry set top box and the BlackBerry Magnum. Look how they ended up. And that's not even mentioning the fact one or two devices have already been confirmed by Chen pending how well Priv does. Now if there were photos of production devices... that might arouse me.

Why are those different from the Vienna?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 04:19 PM
    Thanks for that rumors.
    But, new ANDROID Berrys?!
    Rome and Hamburg - I wouldn't even want one if they would upgrade the Hamburg(er) to a cheeseburger for free!

I'd even be happy if I could use my existing OS10 devices as I was used to!
    I mean, we BlackBerry people were always used to make sacrifices with BBOS/OS10 - but losing the most common apps (WhatsApp & Facebook) and BlackBerry wants us to use a web launcher and moving to Android...
    How messed up is that?!

If anyone would have told me in 2013:
    BlackBerry will run Android & will drop OS10 & will drop developers...
    I might have thought this person is out of his mind.
    Ohh you are so right!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    Slash82 likes this.
    03-30-16 04:25 PM
    Ohh you are so right!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    Thanks, buddy!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 04:34 PM
    Why are those different from the Vienna?

Posted via CB10
    Vienna had further evidence than just a name. And various others reasons that care I not to mention.
    smart548 likes this.
    03-30-16 10:18 PM

Generally speaking Enterprise customers would prefer all touch phones. I presume too that an all touch could be made and sold more cheaply than the PRIV. Lastly...me...I want an all touch.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 01:28 AM
    Vienna had further evidence than just a name. And various others reasons that care I not to mention.
    So..I was expecting some words from BlackBerry about their hw division. You/BlackBerry told that they would have decided what to do basing their decision on how well the Priv was doing. They sold approximately 300-400k Privs in the last quarter and if they don't drop the Priv's price to 450-500$ I highly doubt they will sell more in the next quarter..Is it a 'no-go' for next devices?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 09:23 AM
120 123 ...