I'm sure you get these threads all the time, and I'm sorry if it's getting annoying, but I hope someone with the expertise to help me will take the time to answer.

Over the course of the last five years I've owned a whole host of smartphones. Ranging from iPhones to Androids, the latest being the Padfone 2. My problem with most, if not all of these devices is that they seem to have exceptionally poor reception, and tend to drop calls. They also have a flat out horrible battery. Now, I don't have that many priorities anymore. It used to be important to me that the phone could double as a toy, but I've found that I rarely if ever use these toys. The most important features, in order of priority are to me:

>Reception: The phone has to have excellent reception, regardless of where I am(within reason of course).
    >No call dropping: This seems to be a problem of it's own.
    >Good battery life: The phone should survive at least a day at work with semi-heavy use.
    >Ability to use Google Talk, Skype or similar services.
    >A good keyboard.
    >A good web-browsing experience.
    >Good email capabilities.

These are the things that matter to me. I've been considering the BOLD model, which is still for sale in Norwegian stores.
    10-26-13 07:01 AM
    I think you should consider BB10 phone, the reception is amazing. I've never dropped a call...always crystal clear and even more so when talking with another BB10 device....it over the top. I love my z10 it does everything I need it to do. I've owned a Bold it was good solid phone but BB10 has taken it to a whole different level...especially the browsing experience.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    10-26-13 07:15 AM
    Q10 I suggest
    10-26-13 07:18 AM
    Z30 if you want the best virtual keyboard device on the market.
    Q10 if you want the best physical keyboard device on the market.

Problem solved.

/thread
    10-26-13 07:19 AM
    Best reception will be the Z30 however both my Z10 and Q10 have had zero reception issues.

Posted via Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z10 powered by 10.2.(latest Leak)
    10-26-13 07:20 AM
    Well, I see this is your first post, and mine too, so welcome both to Crackberry. Ok, now let's move on.
    Every bb10 device have all the features you need, but since you need a physical keyboard there are two choices remaining: the Q10 and the Q5.
    Q10 has a better camera, a different and softer keyboard, an Amoled screen and an HDMI out port, while the Q5 have a wider and spaced-keys keyboard and an LCD display. There are some more minor differences but not really important.
    Q10 has a removable battery while the Q5's one is fixed but have a better capacity. Also, the Q5 costs about half the price than the Q10.
    So you decide. I use daily my Q5 and it last one day of heavy use with no problem, reception is great on almost every blackberry as the email management is. Browsing on os 10 is also great but a 3.1" display is a bit small in some occasions.
    There's an app on the app world for gtalk, so check (and possibly try) one or both this devices and then decide.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 07:23 AM
    Remember, reception is dependent on both the phone AND your carrier. So if you've had bad reception on multiple phones, but were using the same carrier, it may be time to switch that.
    If you want a physical keyboard, Q10.
    10-26-13 07:24 AM
    After doing some additional research based on your tips, I'm really considering the Q10. The Q5 seemed more than decent, but the better camera of the Q10 and the possibility of carrying extra batteries is rather tempting.
    10-26-13 07:51 AM
    After doing some additional research based on your tips, I'm really considering the Q10. The Q5 seemed more than decent, but the better camera of the Q10 and the possibility of carrying extra batteries is rather tempting.
    The Z30 employs a new antenna technology and the biggest battery.
    10-26-13 08:36 AM
    Q10 if u want the good battery life as well as all of the other factors. I have the Z10 and have great call and reception in an area where coverage is spotty. To make up for the battery life, I have the battery bundle. It is portable and lightweight. The keyboard on the Z10 is wonderful and it meets all of ur requirements too. Z30 is said to be great so u might want to wait for that if ur area does not offer it yet.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    10-26-13 08:37 AM
    Remember, reception is dependent on both the phone AND your carrier. So if you've had bad reception on multiple phones, but were using the same carrier, it may be time to switch that.
    If you want a physical keyboard, Q10.
    Ditto Ditto Ditto regarding carrier.

First select the carrier that provides the best coverage where you live, work, and play. Then look at the models offered by that carrier that appeal to you. Then read reviews. Maybe a BlackBerry turns out to be what you need, but honestly list your top five needs and pick the device that best meets your first three needs.
    10-26-13 08:53 AM
    I would suggest z30. Not only will the phone last you over 20+ hours medium to heavy use, it has an amazing antenna to the phone.

I'm not sure if you're looking for a physical keyboard but give it a shot with the new bb10 virtual keyboard. It's amazing. Best virtual keyboard I've experienced in any touch screen.

You will also be pleasantly surprised with the speakers on the phone as well. It's got a surround sound feel to it.

If the budget for z30 is too high, I would recommend the q10. If having a limited battery is a problem, I would stay away from z10.
    10-26-13 09:11 AM
    I'm sure you get these threads all the time, and I'm sorry if it's getting annoying, but I hope someone with the expertise to help me will take the time to answer.

Over the course of the last five years I've owned a whole host of smartphones. Ranging from iPhones to Androids, the latest being the Padfone 2. My problem with most, if not all of these devices is that they seem to have exceptionally poor reception, and tend to drop calls. They also have a flat out horrible battery. Now, I don't have that many priorities anymore. It used to be important to me that the phone could double as a toy, but I've found that I rarely if ever use these toys. The most important features, in order of priority are to me:

>Reception: The phone has to have excellent reception, regardless of where I am(within reason of course).
    >No call dropping: This seems to be a problem of it's own.
    >Good battery life: The phone should survive at least a day at work with semi-heavy use.
    >Ability to use Google Talk, Skype or similar services.
    >A good keyboard.
    >A good web-browsing experience.
    >Good email capabilities.

These are the things that matter to me. I've been considering the BOLD model, which is still for sale in Norwegian stores.
    Reception: if you've tried that many mid to top end phones and they all have horrible reception and dropped calls, chances are it's not the phone's fault.

Call dropping: same as reception

Good battery life: NOT THE Z10. Considering moving to a legacy device because I get 4 hours of moderate usage (I'm a heavy user and it KILLS me to not be able to do the things I'd like. Waiting for the iPhone 6). I think the Z30 wins this one.

The last four are pretty good on all BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:34 AM
    As an all around the Q5 probably will fit your needs best. Great battery life, great keyboards, not too expensive. Good phone basically.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:47 AM
    Reception: if you've tried that many mid to top end phones and they all have horrible reception and dropped calls, chances are it's not the phone's fault.

Call dropping: same as reception

Good battery life: NOT THE Z10. Considering moving to a legacy device because I get 4 hours of moderate usage (I'm a heavy user and it KILLS me to not be able to do the things I'd like. Waiting for the iPhone 6). I think the Z30 wins this one.

The last four are pretty good on all BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Not all legacy devises were equal certainly the 9900 was one of the worst for battery usage.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:49 AM
    I use the Z10 and haven't had an issue with poor signal or dropped calls. I also have great battery life, 15 hours plus every charge. Running on 10.2.1.575.
    10-26-13 09:51 AM
    Q5

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 12:01 PM
    Simply u need the Z30. It is fast, smooth,and has excellent antenna reception.Also it has a higher capacity internal batt which means the phone lasts longer under heavy use.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    10-26-13 12:04 PM