Dear all,

I am in the UK for 12months and wanted to see what's the best way to keep in touch with my girlfriend in mainland Europe over mobile during this time: So I was thinking about the BB Messenger as quick and nice way to do so. But is it really worth the costs of BIS/BES and buying a blackberry (currently having nokia 6600)? What are the pros and cons of BB in my situation, or is a generic data plan (guess 500-1000mb cap should be fine) + some other phone better?
    Are there non-BB phones with sth like a push-instant-messenger function or 3rdparty-app that would work in my situation?

Would be thankful for help!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

PS: hope i got the right forum for this thread!
    07-18-10 08:24 AM
    If she's already using BBM then I would suggest going for it. One good thing is that you get to know whether she has received and/or read the message.

Otherwise you can always use 3rd-party IM like MSN messenger or Google Talk to keep in touch.

1gb worth of data should be more than sufficient for pure IMing.
    07-18-10 08:37 AM
    She has some old phone too, so she is planning to upgrade too, question is whether Blackberry or sth else.... How about Whatsapp for Blackberry, can that compete with BBM in push-aspects?
    07-18-10 08:43 AM
    If she wants to get another phone besides a blackberry, you could use cnectd for your IM. Its in beta but it works between smart phone platforms, free, and it has delivered and read notifications like BBM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 09:50 AM
    Just wanted to let you know that Orange UK does pre-paid BIS plan for �5 a month..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD