9 hours at Magic Kingdom and I saw 2 BlackBerry devices. Both OS6 devices.

Everyone else seemed to have iPhones.

My cousins had: One Thunderbolt and one iP4. The Bolt was dead after 6 hours. The iP4 lasted the entire time. My BlackBerry OS6 lasted all day with 60% left.

I can't believe how many people were staring at their phones! Yeah, my BlackBerry didn't have the Disney app. But I used the paper map and I had a better time NOT staring at my phone.

That's why I'm liking my BlackBerry again. I don't want to be all involved in my phone anymore.

The Android device was checking into Foursquare all day, til it died. Seemed neat but I really don t care what random people are doing.

So, that's my Magic Kingdom story.

Oh and the Bolt screen was useless in the sun. My BlackBerry was clear and I was happy I had a keyboard when I did did use it.

Merry Christmas from Magic Kingdom!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-25-11 at 10:49 AM.
    12-25-11 08:37 AM
    Hope the 9790 performs the same as 9780 in terms of battery life.
    12-25-11 09:14 AM
    I hope BlackBerry continues to make battery life a priority. It didn't concern me before but it does now.

I don't want to have to hunt for a place to charge.

I didn't even bring my charger with me to my relatives house. It lasted a day and a half!
    12-25-11 10:38 AM
    The brightness problem with the screen is something that i have noticed with all 3 android phones. I havent had a chance to get a new 9850 in sunlight to compare but generally my storm 1/2 were OK. I guess its the price you pay for new screen tech lol
    12-25-11 11:01 AM
    I think the screen brightness is only an issue with the Thunderbolt. That's what I've heard.

I loved my Bolt, but for spending a few days away and traveling and doing things, I love my BlackBerry. I didn't have to stress about it dying.

Also, the iPhone didn't seem to have any good audible turn by turn? Are there any?

We used BlackBerry Traffic and VZ Nav!
    12-25-11 11:26 AM
    Yeah people are too into their phones not enjoying the actual scenery.
    Jealous man that seems like a perfect place to be at for Christmas.
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-25-11 11:58 AM
    Nice photo, seems like you had fun
    12-26-11 02:56 PM
    Off topic I suppose but I just flew down to Orlando today with the fam. Magic Kingdom tomorrow with the kids! Woot!
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-26-11 07:56 PM
    Love WDW during xmas week! Done it twice, going to Disneyland for New Years, first time with my new Playbook, will post pics of Sleeping Beauty's Castle from it, love your pic of Cinderellas Castle!
    12-26-11 08:03 PM
    Sounds like you had a great time. Nice not to stress.
    12-26-11 08:08 PM
    Also, the iPhone didn't seem to have any good audible turn by turn? Are there any?
    Yes, there is. Navigon.
    It works superbly and I rely on it when I drive into unknown towns and places.
    12-26-11 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD