Hey guys,

I have a red Zed dev edition. Screen got cracked so I had it replaced, but now it doesn't work at all. Repair shop said they can't get it to work. All it does is power up, flash the BlackBerry logo, then turn off, in a loop.

Needless to say, they refunded the money I paid for the new screen, but now I'm stuck with a z10 that doesn't work.

Anyone know a good repair shop? I expect to pay (within reason) to get this puppy working again.

Suggestions?

Thx,

J

BRON: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry 10 Apps | by Odd Element
    04-12-14 04:15 PM
    If it is a red LE I would check with blackberry and get it repaired through their official channels.

The problem could be motherboard related at that point. And the proper procedure is to gut it at that point.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-12-14 04:28 PM
    It's could be a hardware failure. The question is did they replace the screen with the correct model number. For some reason the blackberry had several model number for their lcd screen and the wrong model number will give you errors like you are having.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 10:01 PM
    Any suggestions on where to go in Toronto? I'd rather not go back to the same place.

BRON: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10. http://apps.oddelement.com
    04-12-14 10:46 PM
    Hey guys,

I have a red Zed dev edition. Screen got cracked so I had it replaced, but now it doesn't work at all. Repair shop said they can't get it to work. All it does is power up, flash the BlackBerry logo, then turn off, in a loop.

Needless to say, they refunded the money I paid for the new screen, but now I'm stuck with a z10 that doesn't work.

Anyone know a good repair shop? I expect to pay (within reason) to get this puppy working again.

Suggestions?

Thx,

J

BRON: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry 10 Apps | by Odd Element
    I have one like that, its the screen. I tried the mb with another screen and it works. But the screen still doesn't worked with another screen. Z10 screen is simple to change 15 minutes if you order one from eBay or Amazon. Order the one with bezel should cost about $25 US. Do a search on YouTube there is an excellent video that shows how to replace the screen.

Sent from my ME301T using CB Forums mobile app
    04-13-14 01:14 AM
    Does someone know how to contact the BlackBerry repair shop? I broke my Z10's camera and I can't get it replaced. I have a STL 100.1 variant, the universal camera can't fit in it.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 11:49 PM