Wasn't it the white Z10 they had the exclusive on?
    The Z30 is all exclusive to them afaik, black and white models

Found some stuff about it

BlackBerry Z30 - BlackBerry Z30 Verizon Wireless

BlackBerry Z30 arriving exclusively at Verizon in November for $199 | CrackBerry.com

Some have speculated that the exclusivity was reached due to the lack of carrier support. In other words the other carriers weren't interested enough to carry the Z30 and Verizon was the only one

Posted via CB10
    No speculation needed - nobody else wanted it:

It's with that uncertainty that the Z30 makes its debut. It appears as if Verizon's "exclusive" arrangement is less about having locked up a deal with BlackBerry, and more about the lack of interest from rival carriers. Sprint, for instance, was previously slated to offer a touch-screen BlackBerry, but has since backed off from those plans.

Bhardwaj declined to comment about getting the Z30 on other carriers, but noted that BlackBerry was ready to ship phones to other carriers if they requested it. He said there was nothing in the deal with Verizon that would prevent BlackBerry from offering an AT&T or T-Mobile version of the phone.
    "We're not solely tied to Verizon," Bhardwaj said.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57609653-94/verizon-to-sell-blackberry-z30-exclusively-in-nov-for-$200/
    richardat likes this.
    03-07-14 09:44 AM
    A rep you talk to on the phone would not have any clue about devices that are months out. They would also not have any clue of the high level discussions between BlackBerry and a carrier
    03-07-14 09:51 AM
    Sounds like a bad idea to me. Not the exclusivity part, but the z50 part. Blackberry is pushing out too many devices too fast. Z30, Q20,Z3 and now possibly a Z50 all within a year.
    03-07-14 03:38 PM
    BlackBerry please don't give an exclusive to any one company. If Verizon is an example you're shooting yourself in the foot.
    They did it here in the UK too - The Z30 is only sold by Vodafone. At least the local store here puts the entire BB10 range front and centre. Everyone except me ignored it, but at least they are trying.

The exclusivity must hurt though, as it's not sold on the 2 much larger carriers here who have over 70% of all connected phones in the UK between the 2 of them (EE and O2)...
    03-07-14 06:44 PM
    Verizon won't have any of that

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 06:55 PM
    All of this is starting to sound a little fishy to me.

By now if BlackBerry employees know about this device you would expect some leaks on Crackberry in the news section or even at other tech news sites, but there isn't.

Sorry I'm calling this one.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    03-07-14 09:38 PM
    Let's hope that's when it will be released. That's 18 months or so from when the Z10 was released. I don't think BlackBerry can afford to wait much longer than that between releases of flagship touch devices.

Haha and the Z30 counts for nothing??

If the Z50 does come out in fall (huge "if"), it'll make it 18 months between 2 new flagships. That's faster than any other major brand (Samsung, Apple) who release a flagship once a year.
    03-08-14 06:20 PM

If the Z50 does come out in fall (huge "if"), it'll make it 18 months between 2 new flagships. That's faster than any other major brand (Samsung, Apple) who release a flagship once a year.
    Yep. The problem is the Z30 is rather rare so, while I count it as the current all-touch flagship, I can see how many people would skip over it.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 07:20 PM
    Yep. The problem is the Z30 is rather rare so, while I count it as the current all-touch flagship, I can see how many people would skip over it.

Posted via CB10
    Remember that the Z10 was originally announced for "fall 2012". Which means the Z30 launched 12 months after the original Z10 date, ignoring the fact that the Z10 slipped.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 07:22 PM
    I HATE exclusives. They are bad for consumers and you know the death star won't advertise it like they should (not like verizon does a better job). I hate AT&T more then I like BlackBerry lol

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 09:25 PM
    I was in Version store last week and was told BlackBerry was out of business. They had never heard of Z30. This was near the Pentagon! I set them straight.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 08:32 AM
    I was in Version store last week and was told BlackBerry was out of business. They had never heard of Z30. This was near the Pentagon! I set them straight.

Posted via CB10
    What store and which rep? People who say that need a talking to.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 08:38 AM
    Z50??? I want pics and specs of that potential badboy

Posted using my trusty Z30
    03-09-14 11:13 AM
    Sounds like a bad idea to me. Not the exclusivity part, but the z50 part. Blackberry is pushing out too many devices too fast. Z30, Q20,Z3 and now possibly a Z50 all within a year.
    3 phones in one year may be allot for Apple, but for any other device manufacturer out there it's a pretty small number.

You can't really count the Z30 as it launched in 2013 and was totally Thorsten's baby.

The new leadership seems to have scrapped most of the devices that were in the pipeline under the old leadership and come up with a new device strategy that consists of 4 device pillars. Low End. High End. Classic. Prestige.

Z3 - Low End

Q20 - Classic

Z50 - High End

Next Porsche Design - Prestige

We probably won't see another Porsche Design model launch this year, or on an annual basis at all. They will probably be on an 18 to 24 month cycle.

When the company is in a better place financially and starts to show profit and growth from the business units that are not devices like, BES 10/12, BBM, and QNX we will see one of two possible things happen. I would guess that no one, not even John Chen knows for certain which yet. Depending on the mobile market at the time and where BlackBerry feels it stands in that market once the company it's self is out of danger, either we will see a massive push back into the consumer mobile space using profits from other business units to prop up the devices business. Or, we will see BlackBerry bid adieu to the mobile devices market and focus entirely on BBM, and software and services for enterprise and embedded markets.

In other words, all of us who love BlackBerry devices had better hope that the three devices that will likely launch this year capture enough attention and sell at a volume high enough to keep BlackBerry interested in the devices market.
    03-09-14 11:56 AM

The Z30 isn't a huge change since the Z10 in terms of specs. It is really almost the same phone with a bigger screen, and therefore a lower ppi.

Samsung and Apple do only release one new flagship per year, however their flagship devices are the industry leaders at the time they are released. None of the BlackBerry devices were industry leaders when they were released. The Z30 is years behind in terms of specs. It doesn't even have a 1080p screen.

Having played with the Z30 a considerable amount I can say I found the screen noticeably lacking. So are many of the other specs. The memory and processor aren't that much better than my Z10.

03-09-14 12:59 PM
    Here is my theory, there are some crackberry viewers who are cellular reps on the sly. They tell anyone who will believe them a tall tale and start placing bets on how many CB posts they can start. I can see them now sitting in a call center ringing a bell signaling to everyone else in the call center that they "have a live one. Place your bets!" But don't feel offended, you are actually helping those poor dogs stay awake. I worked in a call center before, place is VERY hard to stay awake in.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 01:18 PM
    Whatever this new phone might be named, Z50 or something else, I don't think I can wait another 18 months for the next flagship touch device.

That's why I got Z30 two months ago.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 01:20 PM
    So you believe the rep about a new device but you don't believe him about the potential release date of 10.2.1? Lmao. Ahhhh... I never grow tired of these 'a rep told me' lol's. No offense OP.
    Don't forget there was a guy that claimed he say the Z30 (Aristo) before it was announced who was ridiculed......turned out to be accurate

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    03-09-14 03:36 PM
    Here is my theory, there are some crackberry viewers who are cellular reps on the sly. They tell anyone who will believe them a tall tale and start placing bets on how many CB posts they can start. I can see them now sitting in a call center ringing a bell signaling to everyone else in the call center that they "have a live one. Place your bets!" But don't feel offended, you are actually helping those poor dogs stay awake. I worked in a call center before, place is VERY hard to stay awake in.

Posted via CB10
    That would actually be pretty funny if it were true.

03-09-14 07:10 PM
44 12