While on the phone with BlackBerry today complaining about AT&T's support for their devices and stalling with OS rollouts, the BlackBerry rep told me that AT&T is considering doing an exclusivity deal for the Z50, and not even bothering with the Z30, which is why AT&T has not even put an order in for any Z30 devices.

And for anyone who hasn't loaded a leak already who are on AT&T, the rep did say AT&T is suppose to be releasing OS 10.2.1 this month (still have my doubts on this one).

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone
    03-05-14 10:31 PM
    Would love specifics on said device.

I'm on AT&T
    IJKBB10 likes this.
    03-05-14 10:55 PM
    I would love to just have 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    anon(375378) likes this.
    03-05-14 11:05 PM
    Wow. Happy and sad at the same time. I hope the part about the Z50 is true and part about it being exclusive to AT&T not true.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    03-05-14 11:05 PM
    You said you were on the phone with a Blackberry Rep how can I get in touch with them. I am very interested in the z30 but Verizon has an exclusive with BlackBerry. I think BlackBerry needs to know there exclusiveness is really hurting them. I live in Wisconsin and I have only found 1 verizon store that carries the z30 and I have to go to Madison which is 1.25 hours away. All the stores closer tell me that they can get it for me but they do not carry them because people do not want them. How does BlackBerry hope to get back on the market with an exclusive deal with a company who refuses to put it on the shelf.
    03-06-14 01:01 AM
    BlackBerry please don't give an exclusive to any one company. If Verizon is an example you're shooting yourself in the foot.
    03-06-14 01:04 AM
    I think it's a dangerous exclusivity agreement... here in Spain, Z30 is exclusively sold by Yoigo, a carrier with almost no network and almost no stores where you can't find a Z30 in to glance at. Signing such agreement with a carrier that is not interested in your product is some kind of suicide.
    03-06-14 01:23 AM
    I find it very hard to believe that BlackBerry is going to go down the "exclusivity" path again... I'm going to not believe it for now. Chen's a smart guy that's been making all the right moves with his team so far, there's no way they could fall into the obvious pit-of-failure again.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-06-14 01:37 PM
    They did not provide me specifics on the Z50, and I agree with everyone here. Exclusivity deals need to end. The Rep did let it slip that there are over 50k BlackBerry 10 users on Verizon.

03-06-14 03:20 PM
    I just called the customer support number on BlackBerry's website. Talked to a customer support rep who transferred me higher up to someone who could answer my questions. Not sure who I was talking to, but seemed to be quite knowledgeable on the devices, services, upcoming devices, and carriers.

03-06-14 03:27 PM
    You said you were on the phone with a Blackberry Rep how can I get in touch with them. I am very interested in the z30 but Verizon has an exclusive with BlackBerry. I think BlackBerry needs to know there exclusiveness is really hurting them. I live in Wisconsin and I have only found 1 verizon store that carries the z30 and I have to go to Madison which is 1.25 hours away. All the stores closer tell me that they can get it for me but they do not carry them because people do not want them. How does BlackBerry hope to get back on the market with an exclusive deal with a company who refuses to put it on the shelf.
    Verizon only had an exclusive with the white Z30

The only carrier just decided not to carry the Z30

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 03:32 PM
    Verizon only had an exclusive with the white Z30

The only carrier just decided not to carry the Z30

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't it the white Z10 they had the exclusive on?
    The Z30 is all exclusive to them afaik, black and white models

Found some stuff about it

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=IoRsDUyg

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-z...rizon-november

Some have speculated that the exclusivity was reached due to the lack of carrier support. In other words the other carriers weren't interested enough to carry the Z30 and Verizon was the only one

Posted via CB10
    Tom689 and eggman1987 like this.
    03-06-14 03:44 PM
    Would love specifics on said device.

I'm on AT&T
    So would i and everyone else on here! If the z50 is more than a rumor I hope it has the latest hardware specs.

Posted via CB10 with my ? Z30
    03-06-14 07:55 PM
    Exclusive is saving face for nobody else wanted to sell it.
    03-06-14 08:37 PM
    Exclusive deal with a commitment from AT&T for marketing and device sales numbers? why not ?

I would say yes only if it's very very advantageous to BlackBerry. It would have to be an "Apple type" of deal.

Posted via CB10
    manonthemoon likes this.
    03-06-14 08:49 PM
    Bring it on but we are not looking at the Z50 in our hands till next fall at the earliest are we?
    03-06-14 09:10 PM
    Bring it on but we are not looking at the Z50 in our hands till next fall at the earliest are we?
    Whatever this new phone might be named, Z50 or something else, I don't think I can wait another 18 months for the next flagship touch device.

03-06-14 09:44 PM
    Next Fall I meant in like 6 months from now.
    03-06-14 10:00 PM
    Exclusive deal with a commitment from AT&T for marketing and device sales numbers? why not ?

I would say yes only if it's very very advantageous to BlackBerry. It would have to be an "Apple type" of deal.

Posted via CB10
    AT&T had an exclusivity deal with the Lumia 900 and it sucked. Verizon is the only carrier that pitches alternative OS phones. Think the Verizon Z10 ad. The bulk of high end Windows Phones are all bought by Verizon customers.
    03-06-14 10:07 PM
    IMO the exclusivity isn't the problem. It's the fact that the Verizon version didn't work on most of the other carrier's LTE bands. 3G/4G worked but only a few LTE worked.

If BlackBerry gave Verizon a Z30 that worked on all LTE networks, then I believe the phone would've sold more. I've noticed enough people are willing to buy unlocked phones, so the exclusivity isn't a problem unless you want a phone under contract. There are people using the Verizon Z30 on other carriers.

Hopefully the next BlackBerry will be a phone that can be used on all the carriers. Please BlackBerry make it easy for us. From reading the forums there are many people frustrated at trying to find the phone version for their carrier. It would be easier to just make one version that works on all the carriers. This would make any carrier exclusivity less of a problem because a person can buy it unlocked and use it on any carrier without any limitations like not having LTE.
    03-06-14 10:21 PM
    Next Fall I meant in like 6 months from now.
    Let's hope that's when it will be released. That's 18 months or so from when the Z10 was released. I don't think BlackBerry can afford to wait much longer than that between releases of flagship touch devices.

03-06-14 10:22 PM
    They did not provide me specifics on the Z50, and I agree with everyone here. Exclusivity deals need to end. The Rep did let it slip that there are over 50k BlackBerry 10 users on Verizon.

50K BB10 users on VZW? No wonder they are always so careful to 'roll out' OTA updates slowly to prevent strain on the network.... NOT.
    03-06-14 10:28 PM
    T-mobile is a good example that customers are more loyal to their Carrier than the device Manufacturer, BlackBerry should and must sell to all Carriers.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    03-07-14 06:03 AM
    So, let me get this straight: some rep at BlackBerry is authorized to inform a member of the public that the Z50 exists and will be exclusive to AT&T and some people take that as fact? Are people that gullible?
    richardat likes this.
    03-07-14 09:38 AM
    So you believe the rep about a new device but you don't believe him about the potential release date of 10.2.1? Lmao. Ahhhh... I never grow tired of these 'a rep told me' lol's. No offense OP.
    03-07-14 09:43 AM
44 12