What can BlackBerry be thinking. They seem to be going out of their way not to advertise. You may see a BlackBerry sign here and there, but honestly zero effort to show off BB10. What do you think their strategy is or do you think they simply don't have one. Give some valid reasons to your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:13 PM
    Pretty basic one...good advertising is expensive with no guaranteed ROI.
    02-03-14 07:15 PM
    As Terry O'Reilly, of CBC's Under the Influence has said : "Half of the advertising dollars are wasted. The problem is that no one knows which half."

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    02-03-14 07:29 PM
    refuses advertising. I doubt it. Blackberry is just particular about what they spend their advertising dollar on. In this day and age you can pretty much throw money out the window if the advertising isnt focused and doesnt hit the right target market. i think they will advertise at some point right now they seem to be focusing on corporate clients as opposed to the general public. the whole general public deal was done with thorsten was around and it did pretty much nothing. They will be pulling back many of their efforts in markets where they see no traction and focus on things like BES and corporate advertising and government contracts. The rest they will pull the plug on for now.
    02-03-14 07:30 PM
    What is there to advertise for? The Z10, Q10 and Q5 are all nearly a year old. The Z30 is only available on one carrier in the US and even Verizon really isn't supporting it.

I would much rather BlackBerry just regroup and actually advertise whatever new devices they have coming out

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:31 PM
    You have go strike when the iron's hot. If they were to do a big advertising push, it would've been ideal around the time when BB10, the Z10, and Q10 were just launched. People knew that there were new BlackBerries on the way and were curious. They could've created the image of the "new" BlackBerry that they wanted the public to see. There's no point now advertising for devices that are now approaching a year old.
    02-03-14 10:28 PM
    People that I run into have no clue that Blackberry makes touch screens, they also aren't aware that it has a new os. I don't mind educating people but there is a definite lack of advertising .

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:50 PM
    They don't have new devices to advertise. It's that simple.
    02-03-14 11:00 PM
    They don't have new devices to advertise. It's that simple.
    Well BB10 is just a year old, the z30 is hardly old, and yet most people know nothing of BB10. The latest update has definitely made the z30 more capable than the latest iphone....but only z30 owners will ever know that. besides, I see Samsung advertise along with Apple irregardless whether they have a new product or not. Is the iphone 5s so much newer and different than an iphone 4. However BB10 is a complete rewrite from BBOS. Few actually know that.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 11:13 PM