I've heard a lot that 10.3.3 is largely delayed from NIAP not from BlackBerry but the problem with this is that no BlackBerry product appears as NIAP certified or as being evaluated to be NIAP certified. Perhaps it's more complicated than this but it seems to me if BlackBerry is awaiting NIAP approval they should appear on this list: https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/PINE.cfm

So why don't they?
    08-17-16 10:53 AM
    Strange that there are no listing for BlackBerry or Research in Motion even in the approved or archived listings. I would expect that we just aren't seeing all the listings... that is a pretty short list.

Right now I expect the delay is now with Carriers. This is a US certification, so I would assume that this was asked for by US customers... who are going to be at the mercy of US Carriers. Normally it's six weeks, but there are a number of products hitting the market very soon.... And only AT&T currently sales BB10 devcies... Plus you have to wonder if the "need" for BB10 NIAP Certification is as strong now as it was a year ago. Was it for existing devices, or was it so BB10 Devices could be added to a program? If the latter, how many IT departments would still be considering deploying BB10 devices at this point?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    08-17-16 11:54 AM
    Strange that there are no listing for BlackBerry or Research in Motion even in the approved or archived listings. I would expect that we just aren't seeing all the listings... that is a pretty short list.
    The data on the NIAP website doesn't speak of any kind of limited list. I would be interested in what it said at the beginning of the year with the original projection date within the first quarter. The best I can find is in the common criteria portal (www.commoncriteriaportal.org) which has some sort of relationship with NIAP. The CC doesn't list products under evaluation (that I can find). BlackBerry is also not listed among their current certified products but they are listed under their archived list several times. BB10 isn't one of them and the last time something was issued was back in 2010 the last of which expired September 2015. It would seem BlackBerry lost interest on keeping these things active which they are trying now to fix.
    08-19-16 08:04 AM