03-25-14 10:15 PM
44 12
tools
    My ecosystem comment mainly came from my desire for a Siri like app in App world.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    Try SayIt. A bit if work left to be done, but a great start. Better than Siri in some ways!
    03-20-14 11:39 AM
    No BlackBerry rocks!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 11:48 AM
    I'm afraid your post is also biased. Take hardware out of the equation, ios and bb10 run very smoothly in their respective specs. But it's about the user experience. The hub is brilliant. But I think android and ios have truly more exciting user experience, and are actually up to date with all their features mor e importantly. Look at how far ahead their other features are. Far beyond bb10. Bb10 is still playing catch up. So it's not that it's talking to a brick wall. Both platforms have their advantages. But ios and android have features that are just more appealing to the consumer as well as keeping them up to date.

As far as security goes, I hope one day blackberry users will stop milking this point. Most people don't care/ need it. I am a BlackBerry fan. First smartphone was an 8900 up to now. The z30. I have literally never used security as a reason I own. Blackberry. I think.most people won't either, but will still boast about it.

Btw, I wouldn't say it's going backwards getting bb10. But blackberry have so far to go to catch up to what ios and android have.

The messaging experience on a blackberry is definetely amazing though

Posted via CB10
    I never said I wasn't biased. If you read again, I freely admit that I'm a LONGtime Blackberry user. I was merely giving the OP another example of how each individual has a personal preference regardless of whether it's based on sh*t they've just read or not. I've used an iPhone and based on MY personal experience, Blackberry is better. Like I said already, to each his own. Period. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 12:41 PM
    I haven't got a chance to use Blackberry myself, but I keep seeing people hate on it. I believe most of this to be because their going back to the old blackberry days in their memory.
    I heard a story about someone having trouble with voicemail and changing his message and started dissing bb10 or something.

Are any of these complaints really well worth looking at? BB10 looks pretty sweet to me, and I wish that people wouldn't just diss something because its not their iPhone or whatever.

*Mobile Equality*
    In my opinion, BlackBerry still makes excellent devices. I love my Z10. I've never had any issues with it and I think sports a fast and smooth system. You have to try it and use it for awhile to really appreciate it.
    03-20-14 02:06 PM
    The only port missing from the BlackBerry Q5 is the microHDMI port. The smartphone accepts the same microSD cards as the rest of the BlackBerry 10 family. The screen of the Q5 is superior to the Q10. Like the Q10 and Q30n the Q5 has FM radio. The only deficiency is the slippery back which can be remedied by a soft shell case.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Pretty much my point without being specific.
    03-20-14 11:38 PM
    Out of the 20 users I switched from os 7 devices only one doesn't really like hers. Its a q10 and the calendar sync is off by an hour.

I switched from an s3 to test it out and never gave it back

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:11 AM
    Also if u are going to jump on the BlackBerry train get a z30. Faster,smoother, feels better in your hand

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:15 AM
    Well, asking this on a BlackBerry fan site is like asking Bin Laden if he hates America.
    The answer is extremely predictable. That being said, there are many smart people on this site that really know their stuff. If BB10 was not at least on par with others, you'd see fewer people stating how amazing it is. I for one have not found an operating system with so much potential for the future. It's already my favorite of all time. I honestly would hate to move to another system after a year under my belt.

Powered by BlackBerry
    Last edited by xBURK; 03-21-14 at 06:48 PM.
    03-21-14 12:25 AM
    Also if u are going to jump on the BlackBerry train get a z30. Faster,smoother, feels better in your hand

Posted via CB10
    Just my opinion, but I prefer the feel and size of the Z10 more. Really great grip!

Join my channel "Mustard seed faith" @ C003C216D
    03-21-14 05:49 PM
    screen too small on Z10
    03-21-14 07:49 PM
    I'm afraid your post is also biased. Take hardware out of the equation, ios and bb10 run very smoothly in their respective specs. But it's about the user experience. The hub is brilliant. But I think android and ios have truly more exciting user experience, and are actually up to date with all their features mor e importantly. Look at how far ahead their other features are. Far beyond bb10. Bb10 is still playing catch up. So it's not that it's talking to a brick wall. Both platforms have their advantages. But ios and android have features that are just more appealing to the consumer as well as keeping them up to date.

As far as security goes, I hope one day blackberry users will stop milking this point. Most people don't care/ need it. I am a BlackBerry fan. First smartphone was an 8900 up to now. The z30. I have literally never used security as a reason I own. Blackberry. I think.most people won't either, but will still boast about it.

Btw, I wouldn't say it's going backwards getting bb10. But blackberry have so far to go to catch up to what ios and android have.

The messaging experience on a blackberry is definetely amazing though

Posted via CB10
    Security was the reason I bought my first BlackBerry 3 months ago. Android ain't got it. I like the fact that I can turn permissions off and on with BlackBerry apps when I'm not using them. The fact that Google execs want to make people swallow microchips to access their phone bothers me. Ive never used a BlackBerry before bb10 but I'm sold now. Like it better than android for a lot of reasons but security was one of them. Lol now you can say you " know " someone that chose it for security.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 08:14 PM
    I do too but I prefer everything else on the z30

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 08:18 PM
    Personally, I think that people just like to focus in the negative press and bad stuff of BlackBerry.
    I'm sure if you just focus on the bad things about Samsung or Apple. You will find many reasons why that's the worst choice of phone you can get at this time.

People just don't give BlackBerry a chance!

Join my channel "Mustard seed faith" @ C003C216D
    Johberry likes this.
    03-21-14 09:15 PM
    But I think android and ios have truly more exciting user experience, and are actually up to date with all their features mor e importantly. Look at how far ahead their other features are. Far beyond bb10. Bb10 is still playing catch up. ... But ios and android have features that are just more appealing to the consumer as well as keeping them up to date.

Posted via CB10
    I wholeheartedly disagree with that. But it's your opinion.
    "..actually up to date with all their features mor e importantly. Look at how far ahead their other features are.." - this actually made me shake my head and I haven't had coffee yet. (it's morning time here in asia)
    When I show off my Q10 to an office mate a) they're always truly impressed, b) they usually b i t c h about their IOS/Android and c) they never show me a 'feature' where they are 'far ahead'.
    Could it be they don't have any...?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 09:53 PM
    People just don't give BlackBerry a chance![/B]
    To a degree, that is the price for complacency, real or imagined. I theorize that a shift happened with the iPhone, and folks got set in their various ecosystems. Android got lucky with timing, while MSFT and BBRY were forced back to the drawing table, and were a bit late to the party.

BlackBerry products are not bad, IMHO. They were just a bit late.
    03-21-14 09:58 PM
    I wholeheartedly disagree with that. But it's your opinion.
    "..actually up to date with all their features mor e importantly. Look at how far ahead their other features are.." - this actually made me shake my head and I haven't had coffee yet. (it's morning time here in asia)
    When I show off my Q10 to an office mate a) they're always truly impressed, b) they usually b i t c h about their IOS/Android and c) they never show me a 'feature' where they are 'far ahead'.
    Could it be they don't have any...?
    This anecdote gets repeated a lot. What BBRY needs is for these folks to be impressed enough to switch. That has not been happening enough for BBRY's liking, so, in my non-empirical estimation, yes, it could be said the other platforms have better features for their users.

Some of that is timing, but I think the bigger factor (especially for iOS users) is the cohesive, expansive ecosystem. Looking at it from outside, Apple seems to have done an awesome job.
    03-21-14 10:02 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 10:10 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 06:33 PM
    It is not.

As others have stated, BBOS10 is great. I got my Q10 not too long ago. Until then, I had a Bold 9900. Before that, a Curve.

Android is popular because of its licensing. Anyone can customize it to run anything from tablets, mobile phones, battle bots, CNC machines, etc. But its app security is deplorable due to permissions and anyone can make the newest, most popular app (read “spyware”).

Apple has the iCult. From Macs to iPods. The iPhone is just another device that Apple has poured the marketing money into. It is the must have for the "cool" people.

All in all, it is the users' preferences. What works for one, may not work for another. Unfortunately, there is too much misinformation about the current state of BlackBerry and its future that many do not get the chance to even find out if a BlackBerry device would meet their needs.
    03-25-14 10:15 PM
44 12