Is it there any chances to get back into the mobile market?..... with adjusting som features as like apple...?
    11-07-19 10:29 AM
    Is it there any chances to get back into the mobile market?..... with adjusting som features as like apple...?
    Commercial mobile market?

No.
    11-07-19 11:41 AM
    where there's a will there's a way. I'm not seeing the will and I certainly don't know the way. A man can dream though.
    merlin29 likes this.
    11-07-19 11:52 AM
    where there's a will there's a way. I'm not seeing the will and I certainly don't know the way. A man can dream though.
    It takes more than will. It takes over a billion dollars in investments, and to get that, you need a credible plan to show SIGNIFICANT PROFITS to the investors who will be loaning you this money in hopes of those profits.

Unfortunately, BB has *never* made any significant profits on device sales even during the best of times - they mostly broke even or had small profits on device sales when things were good - all of BB's profits came from Service Access Fees (SAFs): the subscription revenues from BIS and BES. But those days are long over, and won't be coming back - carriers would never agree to pay a manufacturer that kind of money today.

And all of BB's post BBOS device sales have all lost money - significant money. The BB10 adventure resulted in a net loss of approximately $10 BILLION. Losses on BB Android have been much smaller, but losses still. That's why BB left the market in 2016, and why all of their licensing deals have failed.

So, how would you convince someone to loan you a couple billion dollars to reenter a market where you previously lost billions? What has changed?
    Laura Knotek, ck2nb and bakron1 like this.
    11-07-19 01:02 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!! Post early and post often. Don’t let Troy crush your dreams.

However, Troy’s post is realistically accurate
    11-07-19 02:03 PM
    Based on the current BlackBerry Limited financial situation, that would never happen any time soon!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-07-19 02:24 PM
    We need a sticky on this subject. . .
    11-07-19 03:06 PM
    We need a sticky on this subject. . .
    No we don't. This pipe dream has and is brought up in many threads, a beating of a dead horse as it were.
    Laura Knotek and merlin29 like this.
    11-07-19 03:12 PM
    I agree, thus a sticky to keep it all in one thread.

No we don't. This pipe dream has and is brought up in many threads, a beating of a dead horse as it were.
    11-07-19 03:22 PM
    If you read my post carefully, I clearly state that I do not know.
    11-07-19 03:33 PM
    Thank you. Don't worry about me. My dreams were crushed long ago. Long time reader but I decided to sign up the other day. I'm probably the least tech savvy person on the forum so expect some questions
    11-07-19 03:44 PM
    Because there so many other things to post about?
    11-07-19 04:55 PM
    Thank you. Don't worry about me. My dreams were crushed long ago. Long time reader but I decided to sign up the other day. I'm probably the least tech savvy person on the forum so expect some questions
    My actual welcome is serious. My request to post is serious. The dream part, I figured you’re ok.... I’m less tech savvy than you
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-07-19 05:58 PM
    My thank you is serious. My dreams crushed, half serious. . We'll agree to disagree on the tech savvy part.
    11-07-19 09:50 PM
    As much I would love that!
    I REALLY miss those old BlackBerry devices, my 8700, my 8900, my Z10, my Passport...
    But it will remain a dream for them to come back!

They would have to invest a lot in developers and it's not sure if any will jump on that boat.
    Just look back how OS10 did die off.

IMO:
    The only hardware maker could (if possible) release own hardware with it's own OS is Huawei.
    Just because of their massive marketshare.
    BlackBerry with less than 1% or even less than 0.5% marketshare won't be able to attract developers for their own platform
    11-08-19 08:15 AM
    BBMo's market share is less than 0.01%, so, they definitely aren't in any position to release a new OS.
    John Albert and TgeekB like this.
    11-08-19 06:08 PM
    Yes, but you will get lambasted if you try and mention the point on Crackberry....theoretically a Blackberry fan site I know. To be fair though @Bl@ze and Co. are doing well on lack of bias these days...it's in these forums where you will find the Old Guard such as some on this thread.

Keep the faith Pv....some of us are still with you.
    11-08-19 06:25 PM
    My thank you is serious. My dreams crushed, half serious. . We'll agree to disagree on the tech savvy part.
    Hey Farmbboy,

I'll second Chuck's welcome and urge you not to give up your dreams just yet. You'll see a lot of dream-crushing as it relates to BB10 or a general revival of Blackberry Limited making mobile phones on these forums, but there are those who are with you.

*sings* You may say that I'm a dreamer....but I'm not the only one....
    11-08-19 06:27 PM
    Yes, but you will get lambasted if you try and mention the point on Crackberry....theoretically a Blackberry fan site I know. To be fair though @Bl@ze and Co. are doing well on lack of bias these days...it's in these forums where you will find the Old Guard such as some on this thread.

I’m not sure if old guard, new guard or right guard.

There’s no getting back into mobile hardware for BlackBerry Limited as there’s no economic resources to do so. With their share price down, the President/COO just resigned or was fired and John Chen himself taking more active role over Palma’s former duties, it’s not going to happen. Even if BB wanted to change direction, everything has been systematically dismantled over the last six years. Additionally, BBOS revenues are pretty much extinguished. Whatever’s left within the mobile business for development has been long demolished that couldn’t be dismantled including from a reputational standpoint. The only thing possible would be some kind of BBAndroid type partnership with Microsoft for IT’S version of Android security but I doubt that. Like six years ago, Microsoft could take over BB with Bill Gates spare change.
    11-08-19 06:38 PM

Has nothing to do with lambasting anyone. It's called being realistic. People can pipe dream all they want but don't get upset when someone hits you with a dose of reality once in a while.
    11-08-19 08:29 PM
    I don't care who builds an OS not based on data mining and selling apps and other content to end users, but I'll buy it when it arrives. My bet is a Linux variant because the drivers already exist and there's a free and open source developer community who will build and port apps when it comes.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-08-19 08:29 PM
    Has nothing to do with lambasting anyone. It's called being realistic. People can pipe dream all they want but don't get upset when someone hits you with a dose of reality once in a while.
    The very fact that you refer to your opinion as "reality" proves my point. People can offer opinions about other ways things may be able to go without being attacked for it...at least on other forums.

The evidence to date in fact suggests some sort of phone-related maneuver coming from Blackberry Limited. It's admittedly circumstantial, but even that is immediately attacked. One can debate a topic without attacking the very concept.
    bb9900user2018 and Jake2826 like this.
    11-08-19 08:34 PM
    The very fact that you refer to your opinion as "reality" proves my point. People can offer opinions about other ways things may be able to go without being attacked for it...at least on other forums.

The evidence to date in fact suggests some sort of phone-related maneuver coming from Blackberry Limited. It's admittedly circumstantial, but even that is immediately attacked. One can debate a topic without attacking the very concept.
    I didn't say it's reality. I said being realistic given where BlackBerry is today. An off the cuff chen comment that crackberry ran with for hits (because they need it bad) in no way is evidence to point to a device based maneuver. Believe me, I would want that as much as anyone but I can't see it ever happening. Heck BlackBerry isn't even really doing all that great in what they are focusing on right now (automotive, IOT, etc).
    John Albert likes this.
    11-08-19 08:38 PM
    I didn't say it's reality. I said being realistic given where BlackBerry is today. An off the cuff chen comment that crackberry ran with for hits (because they need it bad) in no way is evidence to point to a device based maneuver. Believe me, I would want that as much as anyone but I can't see it ever happening. Heck BlackBerry isn't even really doing all that great in what they are focusing on right now (automotive, IOT, etc).
    I'd dispute your last point as well, but Chen's comment isn't the only evidence. I understand your belief that it may not happen, and that's fine, but trying to say that "it's just realistic" or that "when someone hits you with a dose of reality" (which you did say) is a valid argument disputes the entire premise.

If you want to have a discussion, have one. Bring those points up. But don't completely attack the person suggesting the concept. (You yourself may not have done that yet ray, but many here have and do.)
    11-08-19 08:42 PM
    I'd dispute your last point as well, but Chen's comment isn't the only evidence. I understand your belief that it may not happen, and that's fine, but trying to say that "it's just realistic" or that "when someone hits you with a dose of reality" (which you did say) is a valid argument disputes the entire premise.

If you want to have a discussion, have one. Bring those points up. But don't completely attack the person suggesting the concept. (You yourself may not have done that yet ray, but many here have and do.)
    Yes I know how these forums operate and I see the usual suspects who enjoy hearing themselves speak. Trust me, I can name the 4 who talk to each other here all day because not many are left. I'm just saying, Chen in the past has said things he in no way meant or had any intention to follow through on. Not sure why he does that but he does. And I know your other piece of evidence is the extended support for BB10. Maybe there is something to that or maybe there isnt. I just can't see them firing up the device business again after shutting everything down only a few years ago.
    John Albert likes this.
    11-08-19 08:45 PM
131 123 ...