Little BlackBerry Priv advertising at the Raptors game tonight!

BlackBerry and the Raptors-img_20160126_213042.jpg
    BlackBerry and the Raptors-img_20160126_213035.jpg

Posted via CB10
    spiculated likes this.
    01-26-16 08:32 PM
    Ya, but did they win ??

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 09:06 PM
    Ya, but did they win ??

Posted via CB10
    Yup, 9 straight wins, swept the Wizards in all games against them this season.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by spiculated; 01-27-16 at 12:52 PM.
    01-26-16 09:22 PM
    BBRY missed a golden opportunity right there.

Should read GO LEAPS GO
    01-27-16 04:37 AM
    Have any of you notices BlackBerry sponsored Open Gym, but no update to the Raptors app for BlackBerry? What's funnier is the iOS version is broken, the Android version wasn't loading the correct score and has the old Raptors logo...but what makes me laugh is on the Raptors page, they show a Z10 with the Raptors app and say download it now. What a joke. Lol.
    01-27-16 06:34 AM
    and the advertising is paying off with device sales... wait a minute... maybe NOT.

To the average customer, I can guarantee you they have ZERO idea what brand that logo is, nor what a PRIV is...
    01-27-16 06:47 AM
    and the advertising is paying off with device sales... wait a minute... maybe NOT.

To the average customer, I can guarantee you they have ZERO idea what brand that logo is, nor what a PRIV is...
    That would be my concern as well!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 07:27 AM

That's been the problem with BB's ad spending(when they do advertise) and stunts like hiring Alicia Keys. They don't necessarily translate into device sales.
    01-27-16 08:19 AM
    Good to hear they are doing "some" advertising...
    01-27-16 08:36 AM
    Yup, 9 straight wins, swept the Wizards in all 8 games against them

Posted via CB10
    They've played the Wizards three times this year, and yes they won each match up thus far. There's one more game in the series though, and prior to this season the Wizards swept the Raps out of the playoffs.

I beg to differ... even with BlackBerry's current situation, I'm sure several if not most people (particularly in a Canadian metropolis like Toronto) would recognize the BlackBerry sign... As for the Priv, well that I doubt.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 08:44 AM
    I beg to differ... even with BlackBerry's current situation, I'm sure several if not most people (particularly in a Canadian metropolis like Toronto) would recognize the BlackBerry sign... As for the Priv, well that I doubt.

Posted via CB10
    The country?s most valuable brands? Banks | Toronto Star
    According to a February 2015 Toronto Star report on Top Brands in Canada, BlackBerry isn't in the top10, in fact they quote:
    tech firm BlackBerry, which fell by 34 per cent
    Canada Business magazine for 2016 doesn't list BlackBerry in their top 25
    Canada?s Best Brands 2016: The Top 25

In 2014 The Globe and Mail ranks BlackBerry 46th in their Top 100 Brands
    2014: Top 100 Brands ranking - The Globe and Mail

I really doubt Toronto is the BlackBerry hub you make it out to be, maybe Waterloo, but not Toronto. From my daily commute on public transit, iPhone's and Samsung's rule Toronto. Since the picture was taken at the Air Canada Centre the Raptors and Maple Leafs get broadcast across the country, thus get a global audience, yet the brand is in severe decline.
    01-27-16 10:54 AM
    They've played the Wizards three times this year, and yes they won each match up thus far. There's one more game in the series though, and prior to this season the Wizards swept the Raps out of the playoffs.

Posted via CB10
    Yes a typo on my part, so far they won all the games so far this pre and regular season, corrected on that the earlier post. I don't see the Raps facing Washington again this regular season, perhaps in the playoffs.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by spiculated; 01-28-16 at 02:41 AM.
    01-27-16 12:46 PM
    Raptors tweet of the night actually won themselves a new Priv.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 01:08 PM
    I really doubt Toronto is the BlackBerry hub you make it out to be, maybe Waterloo, but not Toronto. From my daily commute on public transit, iPhone's and Samsung's rule Toronto. Since the picture was taken at the Air Canada Centre the Raptors and Maple Leafs get broadcast across the country, thus get a global audience, yet the brand is in severe decline.
    I never said Toronto was a BlackBerry hub at all, I simply said that most people in Toronto would recognize the BlackBerry logo regardless of how many people actually still carry a BlackBerry device in the city. We aren't that far removed from RIM/BlackBerry's dominance to where brand recognition has deteriorated to a level of obscurity. But I agree, I don't think the brand is valued very well at this point.

Yes a typo on my part, so far they won all the games so far this post and regular season, corrected on that the earlier post. I don't see the Raps facing Washington again this regular season, perhaps in the playoffs.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct, my apologies. Last night's game was their 4th game this season, so you are correct that they have completed the season sweep already.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 05:10 PM
    BlackBerry has a ton of advertisements at the ACC I think they even still have a BlackBerry display area where you can play around with the devices

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 06:07 PM
    They're pretty well invested with the Toronto teams. I know this past summer they always had Jaime Campbell and Greg Zaun doing segments from "The BlackBerry Zone"

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 06:58 AM
    04-19-16 07:48 PM
    MLSE (Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment) is provided phones from BlackBerry. Almost all management, coaching staff and other employees are given BlackBerry phones. I believe they are also running their phones on a BES10 or 12 environment.

This is for the Raptors (NBA), Maple Leafs (NHL), Marlies (AHL hockey) and Toronto FC (soccer)

Posted via CB10
    spiculated likes this.
    04-19-16 11:54 PM
    The country?s most valuable brands? Banks | Toronto Star
    According to a February 2015 Toronto Star report on Top Brands in Canada, BlackBerry isn't in the top10, in fact they quote:

Canada Business magazine for 2016 doesn't list BlackBerry in their top 25
    Canada?s Best Brands 2016: The Top 25

In 2014 The Globe and Mail ranks BlackBerry 46th in their Top 100 Brands
    2014: Top 100 Brands ranking - The Globe and Mail

By your handle I'm guessing you are Canadian but I find your constant jabs at a home grown company hiring fellow countrymen quite tiresome.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 03:28 AM
    MLSE (Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment) is provided phones from BlackBerry. Almost all management, coaching staff and other employees are given BlackBerry phones. I believe they are also running their phones on a BES10 or 12 environment.

This is for the Raptors (NBA), Maple Leafs (NHL), Marlies (AHL hockey) and Toronto FC (soccer)

Posted via CB10
    Yup I believe you are right. It's the right product that meets their needs.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 03:30 AM