Ok so I am currently a verizon customer and tho i love the service i want a blackberry and well they are much more expensive on verizon so i was thinking of going to t-mobile, is that a good service for blackberrys and also i plan to make my decision in jan 2009 so will there be any new phones coming out by then and if so which ones
    10-12-08 06:33 PM
    Don't do it my boyfriend and I each have Curves I'm VZW he's TMO he has alot of dropped calls and bad connections. He regrets not going with Verizon
    10-12-08 06:43 PM
    I have TMO with NO problems. Also Tmobile allows you to go without a blackerry data plan. I dunno why you would want too. I only dont have one because I cannot afford it...... stupid student loans....
    10-12-08 06:46 PM
    No problems with Tmobile in my area. The two things that turn me off to Verizon is the GPS lock out, and the expensive plans.
    10-12-08 06:54 PM
    Whether a carrier is "good" or not depends on how good the coverage in your area is. Tmobile in my part of NY is fine (I'm a new yorker and I'm w/ tmo), but it may not be as good as say, dallas or something. All depends on where you're at/where you'll be using your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 06:56 PM
    I have T-Mobile here in South Florida and the service is fine. I went with them because of the WiFi feature. I got rid of my Vonage service at home and now use my Curve for all of my calls, even at work I have WiFi setup.
    10-12-08 07:15 PM
    Love my tmo. As for phones the 8220 starts sales tomorrow 10/13 it seems. The 8900 curve is due release by the end of the year in all rumor accounts. No bold planned. *maybe* a storm variant but *if* that happened it would be well into 09 in my opinion. Also there are even more rumored devices in developement and test. Read up on the jav (curve 8900), unlocked bolds for tmo and the 8220 pearl flip and the storm 9500 which will be able to be unlocked for use on tmo. .

10-12-08 08:16 PM
    I've been on t-mo and BlackBerry both for 3 years and love both.

10-12-08 08:57 PM
    Tmo has been great for me! After trying all other carriers, TMO was the best for me.
    You can check on their website as to how good the service is wherever you plan on using your phone. Nice feature! Plans are great, CSR is excellent.
    They just got the G1(Google phone) and they're getting the Javelin/Curve 8900

10-12-08 09:05 PM
    Tmo was not an option for us. Didn't have service everywhere we need it.

10-12-08 09:10 PM
    I'm thinking (probably) of switching to tmobile. Does anyone have probs in dallas?? Also a few people talked about pockets of non service. Are these common or what??
    10-13-08 09:48 AM
    Does anyone know if the new Storm will support VCAST with Rhapsody to go subscription service where you can have unlimited downloading of songs by paying $14.99/month? If it only supports VCAST with Rhapsody, then I will have to pay per song like itunes.
    10-13-08 10:12 AM
    I had t-mobile and the service was horrible it was always searching for signal, my calls were always dropping... that's when I switched to verizon and could not be happier... my opinion stay with Verizon I am sure the price will come dont by January as newer phones drop.
    11-18-08 01:50 PM
    in my area T-mobile is amazing i have never had less than 3 bars at at all times!! and over all with unlimited everything is like 70 bucks cant go wrong with that
    11-18-08 04:35 PM
    It depends entirely on location. In CT, I had serious problems- with Verizon- poor signal and dropped calls, but Sprint was great. Down here, Sprint is terrible for ME, AT&T is great. that is in Lauderhill/ west Ft. Lauderdale. South of Ft. Laud., into Miami, Sprint is great for most people, T-Mobile is very good in most areas down here. T-Mobile leases a lot of AT&T's towers, so usually if AT&T is good in your area, T-Mobile will be, too.
    11-18-08 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD