Hey all, as you can see from my username I want a blackberry. Unfortunately I have this garbage Original Motorola Droid, my quams with the phone is that about every 500 texts i have on my phone it either deletes them all without notifying me or it just turns my phone into a lag machine. This problem has been recognized by google, but still nothing has been done.

Anyways, long story short, if i buy an old Verizon Blackberry from one of my friends will i be able to have a new PIN and my phone number? or will i have to take their phone number to make it work... or is this even plausible with Verizon Wireless Services??

Thanks to all of the help in advance.

Mario.
    03-03-11 06:04 PM
    You will have your same number if you change to any other phone. It is not tied to the phone. The PIN will stay the same on the phone. But it will not be associated to his account and it will become free for you to use
    03-03-11 06:07 PM
    No, you can register it right online and it goes right onto your plan in place of your droid.... the pin is device specific so you will have his pin but its all your number and everything. That goes with any verizon phone, just enter the esn number on the verizon switch phone feature and you are all set.
    03-03-11 06:07 PM
    The PIN is tied to the device and will be the same.

You'll have your phone # on the BlackBerry if you are just switching devices on your account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-11 06:08 PM
    I am loving all of these responses from the forums thanks again!

Another question though... Will there be a deactivation fee for my phone right now? Like if i do it online will i have to pay for not using the droid anymore?
    03-03-11 06:11 PM
    No fee to switch devices.

03-03-11 06:16 PM
    @Chrisy520

Is there any certain data plan for a blackberry on verizon? I have unlimited Data if that helps anything.

Thanks.

Mario.
    03-03-11 06:20 PM
    you will need a Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) plan. DO NOT get the 44.95 blackberry data plan
    03-03-11 06:25 PM
    Hey all, as you can see from my username I want a blackberry. Unfortunately I have this garbage Original Motorola Droid, my quams with the phone is that about every 500 texts i have on my phone it either deletes them all without notifying me or it just turns my phone into a lag machine. This problem has been recognized by google, but still nothing has been done.

Anyways, long story short, if i buy an old Verizon Blackberry from one of my friends will i be able to have a new PIN and my phone number? or will i have to take their phone number to make it work... or is this even plausible with Verizon Wireless Services??

Thanks to all of the help in advance.

Mario.
    As your question has already been answer. I just want to say welcome to the BEST BB SITE EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

03-03-11 06:40 PM
    @howarmat I just got off of the online chat with a verizon rep and they said that as long as i have the unlimited data on my account currently i will not have to add any other additional data plans... is this true???
    03-03-11 06:42 PM
    the BIS plan is unlimited also. Your current plan will not be a BIS plan though. I think as you go thru the online activation you will have to choose a data plan. that will be a 29.99 and 49.95 plan. you will choose the $30 one.
    03-03-11 06:44 PM
    @Bigpolla04

Thanks! I have always liked the site... just never thought i would get into blackberry until i realized how much of a communication powerhouse they are! Considering i send close to 500 texts a day i need something that can accommodate my needs!
    03-03-11 06:44 PM
    @howarmat

So if i understand correctly i will have to agree to another 2 year contract or am i way off base?
    03-03-11 06:46 PM
    as I am new to BB world as well.. I'd like to ask question about the PIN.

Every one mentioned that PIN is device specific, but what will happen if you change your BB handset? Do you have to use the new PIN in the new handset? So if someone tries to add your old PIN to their BBM what will happen, will you still be added or the current user of your old handset will be added?? I know you can backup everything using DM and move it to new handset. But how it works technically? Can someone pls enlighten me =)

Thank's in advance all!
    03-03-11 06:53 PM
    no no its not a new contract, you are just adjusting the data plan
    03-03-11 06:53 PM

Every one mentioned that PIN is device specific, but what will happen if you change your BB handset? Do you have to use the new PIN in the new handset? So if someone tries to add your old PIN to their BBM what will happen, will you still be added or the current user of your old handset will be added?? I know you can backup everything using DM and move it to new handset. But how it works technically? Can someone pls enlighten me =)

Thank's in advance all!
    You can log onto the BIS site and change PINs to your new device. That takes care of the email. you can do a device switch for your programs to be transferred. Your current BBM contacts will transfer to your new phone when you login with your email but anyone who tries to add you using the OLD pin will not be routed to your phone. they will need the new PIN
    sssutanto likes this.
    03-03-11 06:56 PM
    Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help and too all who posted for my question!
    03-03-11 07:01 PM

Thank's in advance all!
    Your old phone for example is a bold and your new is a torch .

If the bold's pin is 12345678 and if I add that to my bbm I will get the current user and not you .

When you change phones your number and data plan follows you, not the device pin.

When you add old bbm contacts to your new phone the new pin is automatically changed on their phones . Once you do a transfer from your old phone to your new phone.

That's how know it . If I am wrong someone please correct me so hee/she gets the right info .

Welcome to the site anyway.

Last edited by bigpolla04; 03-03-11 at 07:25 PM.
    03-03-11 07:07 PM
    When you add old bbm contacts to your new phone the new pin is automatically changed on their phones . Once you do a transfer from your old phone to your new phone.
    wow that's handy!!

Thanks for the reply
    03-03-11 07:31 PM
    Now the only thing I have to do is find a verizon berry to get my hands on to hold me over until the Bold Touch comes out on verizon! hopefully that is...
    03-03-11 10:12 PM
    Now the only thing I have to do is find a verizon berry to get my hands on to hold me over until the Bold Touch comes out on verizon! hopefully that is...
    Craigslist is your best bet to find a cheap used BB to hold you over for awhile.
    03-04-11 12:05 AM
    Any certain model that you prefer over the other? I know that it should be about what i need but honestly, I want BBM and i want a full QWERTY keyboard and no gosh darn touchscreen. I am limited because of my carrier (VZW) But any input that i could get would be great.

Thanks

Mario.
    03-04-11 12:09 AM
    When I had my BB it was a Bold 9650 which would be your best bet to get since its capable of os 6. The 8330 is a great phone too for just using BBM, but the internet is slow due to lack of 3G.
    03-04-11 12:36 AM
    I would recommand 9700 9780 or even some of the Curve line models.

try to stay away with Storm.
    03-04-11 01:41 AM
    I would recommand 9700 9780 or even some of the Curve line models.

try to stay away with Storm.
    VZW is a CDMA carrier, so they do not sell the 9700 or 9780. Those are GSM devices.

The best VZW device currently is the 9650. The 9330 is not bad either (lower screen resolution and not as good of camera, and lower memory).

OP, you need to get a device that is branded to VZW. Sprint devices will not be activated by VZW.
    03-04-11 01:47 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD