I do not currently have a Blackberry device and/or a smartphone device. My question is this... As a normal guy... not a business person or a personal business owner would I need a Blackberry? It sounds like a stupid question I know but my wife and I are busy people with having 4 kids and the like and one of our children is currently battling a rare bone disease and we have appointments coming out of our ears and keeping track of those are sometimes difficult to do even with the regular old calendar. Also, we find ourselves in need of a computer when we do not have one and with the Blackberry's web access it would come in handy. Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

Also... any advice from the guys with trying to make their wives believe the Blackberry is the way to go!!!!
    08-15-08 09:53 AM
    Do it. No question. She'll be fine with it after a week or so

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 10:01 AM
    yes, go for it!

i use mine to pay bills, send emails, buy movie tickets,etc. all on the go! there are many uses for it as well as the calender and appointment function that you may find very handy! you can take notes on it (websites etc).

i wish i would have had mine when my husband was going through his medical issues. instead ihad a bunch of scrap papers and files and notes written here and there. it will work great for appointments!
    08-15-08 10:04 AM
    Get it! Hope everything works out for you!
    08-15-08 10:06 AM
    Thanks for the replies back so quickly... the medical issue is one of the sure things... and that is how she is handling things right now... a binder with notes and stuff, then she loses it and freaks out. I know that she would like it but its the $$$ part of it.... There will be lots of coaxing on my part for sure
    08-15-08 10:08 AM
    an easy to use good calender was my initial reason for even looking at a berry....now I don't know how I got along with out it. You dont have to jump in with a high end Bold either so the wife doesnt freak. carriers are giving away pearls and curves right now to make way for the 3-4 new devices on the horizon.
    08-15-08 10:12 AM
    1st off I wish your family well!!!

2nd you would benefit from the scheduling & contact information in a BB.

3rd you would have the internet at your fingertips.

Hope this helps.
    08-15-08 10:13 AM
    John

Welcome, and sorry to hear you have a sick child. My heart goes out to you, and I certainly hope everything works out for your family.

I think the BB would be especially helpful for your appoinments and such.
    08-15-08 10:27 AM
    I'm not a business person, and I use my BB all the time!
    I get ALL of my e-mail on my BB. My calendar and address book are always at my finger tips!
    Get her the Pearl, she'll love it in no time!
    08-15-08 10:41 AM
    Not to mention being able to be in constant contact with whomever. Also, it'll give you something to do during those long Dr and therapy appoinments. And one would provide a way to do quick research of all the information they throw at you.

08-15-08 11:03 AM
    Everything you listed would be a good enough reason to get one!
    It will help you manager everything you need as well as give you the freedom of the internet when it is needed!

08-15-08 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD