When Dropbox pauses its upload because I switched to a different app...that's multitasking?

I'm talking simply here. iOS does not have anything close to the kind of multitasking that BB10 has.

Posted via CB10
    iOS allows background multitasking now. Including uploads of pictures and videos.
    06-07-16 02:02 PM
    iOS allows background multitasking now. Including uploads of pictures and videos.
    With their first party apps, maybe.
    06-07-16 02:21 PM
    Reply to App_developer about the file managers in MM.

I haven't. I don't have an android phone.
    06-07-16 05:02 PM
    When Dropbox pauses its upload because I switched to a different app...that's multitasking?

I'm talking simply here. iOS does not have anything close to the kind of multitasking that BB10 has.
    Your experience is consistent with that iOS and Android try to save power at the expense of multitasking experience. You decide if you prefer battery life over smoothness of multitasking.
    06-07-16 05:56 PM
    I just bought an iPhone SE. It's my replacement for awhile, maybe until the next BlackBerry is released.

Moving back to my Passport to type this, I am AMAZED about how much smoother the BB10 UI is than iOS. The SE is running one of the highest benchmarked mobile processors on the market, but the OS is laggy and stuttery. Is this the app framework in iOS vs Cascades? I thought iOS was going to be smoother than anything else out there, but it pales in comparison to bb10 on my Passport.

I'm actually beginning to wonder if Android is smoother than iOS as well. I'm so surprised.

Just to note, the stutter is especially seen while swiping from the edge of the screen between pages (in iOS). Man BB10 is buttery smooth.

Posted via CB10
    I've rarely had a smooth experience with iOS. It amazes me what marketing can do. I've had better experiences with Nexus devices personally.
    06-07-16 06:13 PM
    Uploaded a video and 4 pictures to Google Drive then came back to the browser to continue. Went back to Drive and all had uploaded.
    06-07-16 06:39 PM
    that's right. 3rd party uploads are still very restricted. When the phone is on WiFi, they give you more time while in the background for your upload to finish. On cell networks, you get some time, but it seems to be quite a bit less.

They adjust for the battery level of the phone as well, obviously. You get less time if the battery is low.

As it typical of them, their own apps (like iCloud sync for example) get much more leeway.
    06-07-16 06:47 PM
    I've rarely had a smooth experience with iOS. It amazes me what marketing can do. I've had better experiences with Nexus devices personally.
    I have taken a few calls in my house, and reception is nearly unusable, just in and out. whereas I had perfect reception before with my bb10 handsets.
    06-07-16 07:47 PM
    I have taken a few calls in my house, and reception is nearly unusable, just in and out. whereas I had perfect reception before with my bb10 handsets.
    Yeah. It's funny. I know when someone calls me on their cell that it is iOS. It is noticeably bad and cuts out. When someone calls me from the same carrier and in the same office and it is clean and steady, I know it isn't iOS.
    06-08-16 08:45 AM
    Yeah. It's funny. I know when someone calls me on their cell that it is iOS. It is noticeably bad and cuts out. When someone calls me from the same carrier and in the same office and it is clean and steady, I know it isn't iOS.
    I don't understand how the masses put up with this.

Funny, my brother just called me yesterday about his Z5 Compact. He's been having overheating, apps constantly crashing, black screens, freezing, lag, stutter, etc. The Marshmallow update. He said it wasn't good before the update, but unusable now. I told him he should try a factory reset. We'll see how that goes.

Seriously, iOS and Android. I don't get it.

Well I kind of do. It's so nice to be able to sign into my bank, credit card, stock broker, paypal, etc with a fingerprint. It's actually amazing to be able to do that.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 09:42 AM
    Think we have gotten off the QNX theme for this thread.....
    06-08-16 09:51 AM
    I don't understand how the masses put up with this.

Funny, my brother just called me yesterday about his Z5 Compact. He's been having overheating, apps constantly crashing, black screens, freezing, lag, stutter, WiFi issues, etc. The Marshmallow update. He said it wasn't good before the update, but unusable now. I told him he should try a factory reset. We'll see how that goes.

Seriously, iOS and Android. I don't get it.

Well I kind of do. It's so nice to be able to sign into my bank, credit card, stock broker, paypal, etc with a fingerprint. It's actually amazing to be able to do that.

Posted via CB10
    All platforms are the same in this regard.

I've had zero problems with my Priv since launch. Other people have.

The forums here are clogged (or at least used to be when we had a lot of BB10 users) with phone answer delays, lags, rebooting, freezes, missed texts, SMS crashes and lag, etc. I won't even start on the many issues with the Android Runtime. I can't even tell you how many times I've had to suggest an OS reload to fix problems.

That all said, I've always had good luck with my BB10 devices too.
    06-08-16 10:46 AM
187 ... 678