I think BlackBerry can use QNX to get the best of everybody. With everybody only using smartwatches only for notifications BlackBerry still has time to implement a plan. The could use BB10 and QNX in smartwatches and allow it to work with cars and possibly tablets also. It's time we start working up a "apple" ecosystem.

We could use a smartwatch to do more than just notifications. How about open your car or start your car. How about your alarm system on your phone. Idk I'm not the smartest person in the world lol but I'm sure those that work at BlackBerry can come up with something. We do have the best OS with can work on anything, so why not.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:57 AM
    Chen has already stated that he's not going anywhere near "wearables" until they are able to get some traction with the phones, which IMO is the only sensible plan, especially given BB's financial situation.
    03-04-14 12:21 PM
    Chen has already stated that he's not going anywhere near "wearables" until they are able to get some traction with the phones, which IMO is the only sensible plan, especially given BB's financial situation.
    I'm not talking bout now. I say I'm a year or 2. Chen has a good plan and I want him to see it through. I'm saying we have a more flexible OS and integration with the things around us would be kool for a watch. More than just notifications.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 02:29 PM
    Blackberry should at least talk to this guy to get this phone compatible with BlackBerry 10 devices first.
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/Smar...ncept/14929833

I would switch phones if that was the only way to get one of these.

Posted via CB10 on ZED10
    03-07-14 08:22 AM
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 08:33 AM
    Blackberry should at least talk to this guy to get this phone compatible with BlackBerry 10 devices first.
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/Smar...ncept/14929833

I would switch phones if that was the only way to get one of these.

Posted via CB10 on ZED10
    That is a money taking design! They should secretly do something about that.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 08:41 AM
    I think your approach is correct OP. The benefit of not being first mover is that you get to learn from mistakes of the first mover.

There seems to be some potential in this area with the combination of QNX embedded, cloud and perhaps Porsche Design?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 11:22 AM