AptX lossless bluetooth streaming.

FM Radio.

Square screen for displaying album art

4G

Wifi

Support 64Gb sd

Good codec support from native music player

Supports Neutron player, spotify
    and various internet radio players from BlackBerry world app store.

Android app support.

Forget the fact its also a phone.

All this for half the price of an I-Pod not an I phone neither of which support aptX, no they must be docked to get better sound quality.

System as Tested.

Q5
    Neuutron app
    64GB sd
    Fatman MI-tube2
    Walfdale daimonds (you could go more on the speakers)

Total cost for system under 400 uk pounds.

Suggested Apple system.

Iphone + Bw zeplin dock. Cost over 1000 uk pounds.

Suggested android system?

Dont say moto g as has no sd card, no aptx and no 4g
    Sony zx1 is probably best android choice, better than q5 but a lot more expensive and no phone calls.
    03-06-14 01:25 AM
    I'm so tempted to get the Q5 at this price. But I don't know what I will do with it since I already have the Z30. 99GBP is practically giving it away!

Also, aptX technology is phenomenal.

But does that fatman amp have aptX? I was thinking of pairing it with Loewe speaker2go which does support aptX at less than 200GBP.

Which drops the price even further to about 300GBP all in.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 04:43 AM
    You are right about Q5..i prefer to use Q5 instead of S4 active :d

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    03-06-14 06:20 AM
    Been considering getting the one on special at koodo for 150. Just to try it out.

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    03-06-14 07:54 AM
    Just got the Q5 a few days ago from Koodo and I am loving it. I'm debating between it and the Z10 as being my main device. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it. Especially all the media aspects that you mentioned above

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    03-06-14 12:18 PM
    Yeah, I've owned a Z10 for a year but just picked up a Q5 because of the price drop at Koodo. I'm blown away with the quality of the speakers and it's great to have a radio again. The lack of an FM tuner is my biggest complaint with the Z10. If they released a Z10.1 that was the same but had an FM tuner, I'd probably get it.

However, I wasn't expecting the Q5 speaker to be so fantastic. Heck, even the alert sounds are nicer to listen to.

Are there any Q10 owners out there who can compare the Q5 and Q10 speakers? I know I'm going to miss the HDMI out and better camera; perhaps I should sell both and get a Q10. (This after being so pleased with the Z10's on-screen keyboard.)
    03-11-14 12:57 PM
    Today I stumbled upon day the support for the apt-x codec ... what a pleasant surprise. Not sure when this was added but it means that I can now stream from my Q5 and Z10 to my Chordette Gem apt-x receiver into my hifi. Yet another reason why I'm chuffed I chose BB10 over the competition

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 01:12 PM