Hey guys, did you notice that when you're on the BlackBerry Protect website, you can't see any of your backed-up data?
    Wouldn't it be better if you could see your passwords and contacts from the website, so you'd be able to access your data from anywhere?

Please comment below and tell me what you guys think: should BlackBerry make your data visible to you from the BlackBerry Protect website?
    06-28-13 01:25 AM
    Hey guys, did you notice that when you're on the BlackBerry Protect website, you can't see any of your backed-up data?
    Wouldn't it be better if you could see your passwords and contacts from the website, so you'd be able to access your data from anywhere?

Please comment below and tell me what you guys think: should BlackBerry make your data visible to you from the BlackBerry Protect website?
    If you're talking about BB10 devices, backing up your data using Protect isn't available (hopefully for now, it's speculated to be coming down the pipe). If you're talking about legacy BBOS devices, you can backup but I don't understand how you would need/want to use the website to view your backed up data? Through your device, you can restore any backups you have pretty easily and I think having a separate access point for your data might make things a bit messy if data ends up restored on your device that you didn't want.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    06-28-13 01:31 AM
    If you're talking about BB10 devices, backing up your data using Protect isn't available (hopefully for now, it's speculated to be coming down the pipe). If you're talking about legacy BBOS devices, you can backup but I don't understand how you would need/want to use the website to view your backed up data? Through your device, you can restore any backups you have pretty easily and I think having a separate access point for your data might make things a bit messy if data ends up restored on your device that you didn't want.

For example, sometimes I want to take a look at my passwords from a computer as opposed to taking out my phone. I think it should be possible to view those passwords from the Protect website in case I don't have my phone on me or some other reason.
    06-28-13 01:56 AM
    For example, sometimes I want to take a look at my passwords from a computer as opposed to taking out my phone. I think it should be possible to view those passwords from the Protect website in case I don't have my phone on me or some other reason.
    Makes sense, though that'd be something BlackBerry has to resolve with the Password Keeper app since it doesn't come loaded automatically and must be downloaded (I know it's just an example though). Either way, I wouldn't expect to see anything like this for a while, after today's earnings call BlackBerry seems to be focused on other areas right now.

06-28-13 11:55 AM