I love the design of the, minus the keyboard. I love the sleekness of the design, even the Galaxy s6 / edge are not to my taste. I cannot find a phone that I like besides the Priv, which would be in my pocket if it wasn’t so expensive.
    Despite the major negativity towards Sprint, in my area, the speeds are absolutely godly. Their 2.5GHZ band brings LTE speeds of over 100MBPS and it never fails me. That's my worry switching to T-Mobile is I don't know how their speed and coverage will be.
    03-09-16 04:40 PM
    I have approved your post can't see why you needed to link a French website?
    03-09-16 04:45 PM
    Despite the major negativity towards Sprint, in my area, the speeds are absolutely godly. Their 2.5GHZ band brings LTE speeds of over 100MBPS and it never fails me. That's my worry switching to T-Mobile is I don't know how their speed and coverage will be.
    Have you considered Verizon? Personally they are the best in my area, whereas both Sprint and Tmobile are very weak.

I think the Priv is worth it, if I was going to consider an Android phone it is probably the only one I would go with.
    Why don't you like the keyboard though?
    The major con to me would be the non user replaceable battery and the higher price tag.
    03-09-16 04:51 PM
    If the Priv is the device you would pick, purchase it. Most places you would purchase a device from have trial periods, you can always return it. Also, if price is the issue, many carriers allow you to finance. (Although typically this jacks up the device's overall cost vs what it would cost to purchase via BlackBerry direct full retail. This is why I always prefer to purchase paid in full.)

As far as is it worth it? In terms of what you are paying for vs what you are getting, you can find the specs of a similar nature on devices priced far cheaper than the Priv. In turn, there are several other devices in the same price bracket as the Priv that give you far more. It's really going to have to be up to you in the end.

I like my Priv... (I'm also not a fan of the design, find its' PKB flaccid and a few other things I dislike, but overall I enjoy it as far as an Android goes...) But it isn't what I'd deem the best mobile device out there. However, I'd rather buy BlackBerry than buy something else... Just my personal preference...

As far as T-Mobile goes, I live in a fairly rural area... My service is awful when home and rely heavily on WFC... When I am in the suburbs or the city I have fantastic 4GLTE coverage. Super fast (with BingeOn disabled).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-09-16 at 06:01 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-09-16 05:51 PM
    We have the LGG3, and Samsung S5 as well as two BB10 phones in our home. The Priv to me is worth it. Nice combo of both BlackBerry and Android worlds. I use the VKB for short messages and texting while the PKB for longer texts and emails. Both keyboards are great. Do your research and decide for urself.

We have T-Mobile and overall are very happy with the plan and rate. Coverage has improved tremendously over the couple of years. Unlimited everything as well as free music streaming and killer international phone plans makes t-mobile a good fit for my family. I did buy my Priv from ShoBlackberry because T-Mobile has been awful with carrier updates when it comes to BlackBerry.

Posted via my Priv
    03-09-16 05:56 PM
    Only you can answer that OP. We all purchase goods based on what we like and what we can afford. As stated above, you have s trial period so the only way to know is to give it a shot.
    bakron1 likes this.
    03-09-16 06:00 PM
    If a physical keyboard is a necessity and close to a pure android experience then yes. Other than that depends on what you want in a phone. I personally think the 6P is the best Android phone on the market, including the S7 because of all the bloat Samsung puts on it.
    bakron1 likes this.
    03-09-16 06:04 PM
    Hm...I wonder how long we'd have to wait for a price drop on the Priv direct from BlackBerry. I love the design of the device, but it's a bit pricey.
    03-11-16 10:02 AM
    Ask yourself. Is any android phone worth it?

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-11-16 11:38 AM
    Stick with bb10 till it fades.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 06:20 PM
    The phone is great but the build feels a bit cheaper compared to the Passport or the Classic. Also the keyboard is abysmal. It's so flat and small that I can't type on it without getting every word wrong. Also the front camera is a joke. Of course I'm not all that about cameras on phones but with that kind of price I'd expect a bit more from BlackBerry. If the Priv was $300 cheaper than it would be hard to pass up. But at the current price? There's better alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-12-16 12:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I might agree with you if your comparing it to bb10 - but what are you comparing it to?
    03-12-16 12:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    of course it's not worth it!
    you can have a Classic and a Passport together for the same price with better build quality and way superior OS10 on top of it.
    By the way the Passport is much faster with better hardware anyway and the Classic as easy to use one handed device... things the PRIV can't beat and Android? Don't even think about it.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-12-16 02:55 AM
    With the specs that the Priv offers it is on par in pricing with other flagship phones. OIS, SD card, grippy feel good sleek form factor that needs no case, snappy performance with the 808 and 3 GB ram, solid slider performance all makes the Priv worth every penny. The physical keyboard you get used to it and it's functionality as track pad is good and will only get better.

There are little flaws with screen tapping, heating issues, clicky back every now and then. As you learn to ignore these, you will appreciate the Priv.

I had my doubts when I started using the Priv , but the experience you get with it as days go by makes the Priv worth it. Buy the Priv and be different.

03-13-16 06:00 PM
    I might agree with you if your comparing it to bb10 - but what are you comparing it to?
    Not comparing anything. Strictly asking if android is truly worth it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 02:46 PM
    With the specs that the Priv offers it is on par in pricing with other flagship phones. OIS, SD card, grippy feel good sleek form factor that needs no case, snappy performance with the 808 and 3 GB ram, solid slider performance all makes the Priv worth every penny. The physical keyboard you get used to it and it's functionality as track pad is good and will only get better.

There are little flaws with screen tapping, heating issues, clicky back every now and then. As you learn to ignore these, you will appreciate the Priv.

I had my doubts when I started using the Priv , but the experience you get with it as days go by makes the Priv worth it. Buy the Priv and be different.

I don't like to settle but if it works for you, good for ya.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 02:48 PM
    As I have always said, the Priv should be priced at 549.00 to make it competitive with the V10 and the Galaxy models.

That's the major complaint I get from the sales folks at the T Mobile stores I have been to.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    03-17-16 02:49 PM
    cant see any benefits of swooping to the PRIV, happily rocking my Classic and Passport.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-17-16 03:14 PM
    For the price I still can't justify buying it!

The specs are good but again for that price I expected the rear camera to be a lot better and the front facing camera a bit higher than 2MP!

That's been BlackBerry's biggest mistake from the very beginning with the release of the z10 and q10 being too overpriced! And again, with the release of the Priv they just isolated themselves once again! THEY NEVER LEARN!!! If the price was more in line with other Android manufacturers they be able to sell more.

Anyways, I got my hands finally on a Priv to test it out and it felt good in the hand. Still hate those pointy edge corners of it and the sliding keyboard. Will wait a bit longer to see if they plan on releasing another phone that is finally all touch instead of these keyboard sh*t phones!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 04:02 PM
    Not comparing anything. Strictly asking if android is truly worth it.

Posted via CB10
    Well, last I heard, 1.4 billion people use Android so that must be worth something.
    03-20-16 07:59 AM
    I'm liking it, picked it up one day after launch.
    Android is OK, clunky and disjointed, but one gets used that pretty fast.
    I switched mainly cuz my eyes are getting old and the extra screen size is nice.

My advise - if you are happy with your current device, wait. The Priv will only get better, and cheaper (eventually).

I will say, the browser, which ever one you decide to go with, works properly, on every site. Lets face it, while BB10 is great, the browser sucked.
    03-20-16 09:20 AM
    As I have always said, the Priv should be priced at 549.00 to make it competitive with the V10 and the Galaxy models.

That's the major complaint I get from the sales folks at the T Mobile stores I have been to.
    Not at the volume they expected it to sale, which may even be higher than the actual sales.

The slider form factor itself is inherently more expensive to make than full touch phones, plus the volume is at least 10 times less than Samsung or Apple's competing products, which means the parts in Priv will be more expensive than the same or comparative parts in those competing products.

So basically Priv is way more expensive to make than iPhone and Samsung phones, there's no way BlackBerry can win a price war or a specs war against Samsung or Apple.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    03-20-16 09:51 AM